Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Remind me in 6 months how much I hated the cold and wanted the summer heat back :) 

I much prefer the cold over summer heat.  Marty's Irish weather sounds heavenly to me.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Site Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Perfectly captured my dance style :P

Mine is more Elaine Benes from Seinfeld.  :unsure: 

awkward julia louis dreyfus GIF

• Haha 5

• Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

Of course :P

big hero 6 hug GIF by Cheezburger

You're the bestest Tea Bat and WQ ever :wub: :hug: :kiss: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

I didn’t say equal shares but you would get something :hug:

My sister and I had quite detailed discussions about what we could do with the money. She has it all planned out. Join the line...

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Sounds like a lovely day :) I think I want to move to Ireland... your temps sound perfect!  Have a great time :D  

Yea, Val. The west of Ireland, in particular, does enjoy a fairy mild and moderate climate, due mainly to it being on the eastern edge of the Atlantic and under the influence of the warm Gulf Stream that sweeps up from the the Gulf of Mexico before crossing the Atlantic to travel up the west coast of Ireland (among other places).

The one thing I don't like about it, though, is that it tends to result in warm moist air, which means that we do tend to get a lot of wet days, some of which seem to go on and on for days or weeks on end.  :) 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

15 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Oh the importance of language and the changing nature of it...

In Oz, queer has very negative connotations for the older cohort of LGBTIQA+ folk where as the younger set have embraced it and claimed it as their own. For the younger people it is gender neutral and covers a multitude of sexualities. I can understand why they want to claim it. For the older generations, being beaten or spat at while being called queer makes it a hurtful word. 

So true! :hug:  Hi, B. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Marty said:

Good morning, all ! :hug: :kiss:

Another rainy day. 15°C/59°F. Hopefully, like the past few days, the sun will make an appearance in the afternoon/evening. :unsure2:

I'll be heading out soon, and may be gone for much of the afternoon. Lunch with a friend first, followed by a visit to a cross-border heritage event for which a young friend of mine did most of the video work, including editing.

Hi, Marty... Have fun. :hug: 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Sounds like a lovely day :) I think I want to move to Ireland... your temps sound perfect!  Have a great time :D  

Hi, Val. :hug:  32 at the moment... and rising... supposed to feel like 44 later. :( 

• Like 1
  • Wow 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..