Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Story Notifications

Brayon
Go to solution Solved by Cia,

I'm not getting all my notifications from the stories that I follow. I will get some that a comment was made on few of them, mainly from the older ones, but the newer stories, the anthology stories for sure, are spotty.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

I just checked some stories, and I don't see that you have the newest anthology stories posted followed individually. Are you getting notifications from the stories posted by the authors you follow (such as Mikiesboy, who posted an anthology story) but then not the stories by authors you don't follow? Because you would have to click on the "Follow" button on individual stories in order to get notifications from each story or have the authors followed to catch anything they post. Then you also have to have your notification settings set to get comment notifications as well (scroll below the general notification settings to do individual settings). 

• Like 3

I feel like I'm getting notifications for more stories in the past couple of months than I used to. I'm thinking of stories which I have followed for a long time, but where I suddenly get notifications of comments. I'm pretty sure it isn't just because they got comments and didn't before. E.g. Graeme started to post Leopard Hunt back in April, but I think I didn't begin to get chapter comment notifications until November (but I always got chapter posting notifications). But I could be wrong. However, I only have send notifications on a few of the stories I follow, so they really stand out.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that my experience was almost the opposite to @BHopper2 in that I get more, not less notifications than before. So perhaps it's an individual glitch if there is any. :unsure:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I do have the Notification setting for "Notify me when a comment is posted to a story I follow," turned on.

2 hours ago, Cia said:

Are you getting notifications from the stories posted by the authors you follow (such as Mikiesboy, who posted an anthology story) but then not the stories by authors you don't follow?

No. I'm not getting notifications from his anthology piece or AC Benus' story, who I also follow. I was getting them with only just the reaction on the ToC page, but that has stopped.

2 hours ago, Cia said:

Because you would have to click on the "Follow" button on individual stories in order to get notifications from each story or have the authors followed to catch anything they post.

Cool. If I need to click the follow button, then that tells me what to do.  That said, why was I getting the notification with just a reaction on the story's ToC page?

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..