Add story to series

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I checked the Help topic (shown below) but it only mentioned how to add a story of your own to a series. Another option to add a story to a series seems to be choosing the option Add a Story to Series under the Manage button. A pop-up window then asks for the story title. This is the way I added Cupid Central by @aditus to my Viking Valentine series. I wanted to add the new Anthology story A Hell of a Mess as well, but when I typed the story title, the system couldn't find it. In fact, the Story Title pop-up editor would only find stories by me, and not anything by other authors. However, since I'm co-author of A Hell of a Mess, this is still a bit strange. On the other hand, I don't get the option to use the green + button described in the Help topic, so I guess the system is consistent. :huh: 

Do you have a suggestion how to solve this, other than asking a GA admin to add the story ?

• Site Administrator

@Timothy M., if you are going to keep finding obscure use-cases of the software and corresponding bugs, please at least link to the stories and series in questions so that I can speed up my response time. ;) 😛

• You do not have a second author listed on your series page.  I see he is listed in the series when I go to edit it. It's possible that he needs to approve your usage.  You can attempt this by removing him from the series in the edit.  Saving.  Editing the series again and re-adding him and then have him check his PM and click approve.  You might have done this during the initial role out of the feature and as this is not a much used feature, there could still be bugs.

you will see this if you have added and they approved:

image.png

• As for multiple authors, the system works off from the primary author, not the secondary ones.  As you are co-author as the secondary author, it's not going to show up in the series list... unless the primary author is listed on the series as a secondary and approved (and the system is doing what's it is supposed to do).  In theory, you should be able to add the series after @aditus approves.  If not, after he approves, he should be able to add it to your series, in theory.

Also, because this is an Anthology, the permissions are different than the normal story categories.  Series and Worlds are supposed to ignore edit permissions, but I'm not entirely sure it is working as intended.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Myr said:

@Timothy M., if you are going to keep finding obscure use-cases of the software and corresponding bugs, please at least link to the stories and series in questions so that I can speed up my response time. ;) 😛

Thanks, Myr. Sorry about not adding links to the series and the story. I didn't realize you would need to look at them to resolve the matter.

• Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

I didn't realize you would need to look at them to resolve the matter.

Almost everything requires me to poke it to see what odd things pop out. lol

• Haha 2

I did do the adding-and-approve thing the first time, but I think @aditus just approved the Cupid Central being added and not being added as second author. I don't see him listed as Contributor. I'll try again the way you suggested.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Aditus got this message in a PM, but says the link doesn't work. :( 

Your A Hell of a Mess story have been added to the {series_title} series. Approve this addition here - https://gayauthors.org/stories/series/222-viking-valentine/?do=approveStory&story=6696

PS droughtquake tells me the message of Contributor has to approve is visible to others.   https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/?sortdirection=desc&page=3 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Administrator
19 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Neither of us can find a way to approve it. Should I remove the story and try again?

No. The link worked when I clicked on it and the story is now listed in the series.
And the bug is now reported to the programmer.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Myr said:

No. The link worked when I clicked on it and the story is now listed in the series.
And the bug is now reported to the programmer.

Thanks, Myr. That's great (about the story now being fixed).

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...