Finding an Old Story

Go to solution Solved by Marty,

I'll just start by saying that I probably am posting this in the wrong spot, but I've always said ask for forgiveness instead of permission. I'm looking for a story, but I don't remember its name or the author's. I haven't been on here seriously in years, but for some strange reason the memory of this random story popped into my head, and I'm determined to find it now! That story was a favorite of mine, and it got me through some of the more difficult years of my life. I went though about twenty pages of the most viewed stories (it was pretty popular back in the day) to no avail. In my desperation I've come here seeking help. Now that I've given you the long sob story, here are my questions.

1. Is this the right place to ask for help finding an old story? If not, where do I need to go to ask?

2. If this is the right place, can anyone help me find it? Here's what I remember: The story followed a boy who was horribly abused by his family and was bullied at school by the other main character and his five friends. The boy who was bullied was an angel (super nice, volunteered to read stories at the hospital to kids, did his school work, etc.) and the other boy was popular and pretty oblivious. He has a single mom who is a nurse at the hospital where boy number one reads the books, and he has a younger brother who is a real pointdexter. Two of his best friends live next door. They're twins, I believe. As far as the story goes, there is some convoluted plot about why everyone hates boy number one involving some guy who killed himself that boy number one dated. The two boys fall in love, and there's lots of crazy stuff that goes down. Boy number one dumps his longtime girlfriend, gets drugged and raped by her at a party, and some other crazy stuff. The friends of the guy who committed suicide kidnap and rape boy number one and then they plan on killing him. Boy number two comes in with his friends and saves the day. There was another book after that but I don't remember much at all about that one. If I remember correctly, the author really hadn't done much else other than stories that revolved around this universe I just described. Also, the story had to have been up around 2013-2015 because that's when I used this site religiously.

Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, JimBob97 said:

I'll just start by saying that I probably am posting this in the wrong spot, but I've always said ask for forgiveness instead of permission. I'm looking for a story, but I don't remember its name or the author's. I haven't been on here seriously in years, but for some strange reason the memory of this random story popped into my head, and I'm determined to find it now! That story was a favorite of mine, and it got me through some of the more difficult years of my life. I went though about twenty pages of the most viewed stories (it was pretty popular back in the day) to no avail. In my desperation I've come here seeking help. Now that I've given you the long sob story, here are my questions.

1. Is this the right place to ask for help finding an old story? If not, where do I need to go to ask?

2. If this is the right place, can anyone help me find it? Here's what I remember: The story followed a boy who was horribly abused by his family and was bullied at school by the other main character and his five friends. The boy who was bullied was an angel (super nice, volunteered to read stories at the hospital to kids, did his school work, etc.) and the other boy was popular and pretty oblivious. He has a single mom who is a nurse at the hospital where boy number one reads the books, and he has a younger brother who is a real pointdexter. Two of his best friends live next door. They're twins, I believe. As far as the story goes, there is some convoluted plot about why everyone hates boy number one involving some guy who killed himself that boy number one dated. The two boys fall in love, and there's lots of crazy stuff that goes down. Boy number one dumps his longtime girlfriend, gets drugged and raped by her at a party, and some other crazy stuff. The friends of the guy who committed suicide kidnap and rape boy number one and then they plan on killing him. Boy number two comes in with his friends and saves the day. There was another book after that but I don't remember much at all about that one. If I remember correctly, the author really hadn't done much else other than stories that revolved around this universe I just described. Also, the story had to have been up around 2013-2015 because that's when I used this site religiously.

Thanks so much for the help!

I remember this story.  I can't remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure it was written by IntheMindofSunshine, who, unfortunately, pulled all her stories from the site.  

• Like 2
  • Solution
4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I remember this story.  I can't remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure it was written by IntheMindofSunshine, who, unfortunately, pulled all her stories from the site.  

Having Googled "IntheMindofSunshine" it looks like that author may have had at least two stories on GA:

1. The Paradox of Friendship, and
  2. (possibly) In the Depths of Despair.

However, I have not been able to find any other site where works by this author seem to be hosted.

The first one actually has a discussion thread still extant on GA, which can be accessed at the following link:

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/34173-the-paradox-of-friendship/

(However, the link to the story itself in that thread returns an error message saying it cannot be located.)

IntheMindofSunshine's profile page still exists (https://gayauthors.org/profile/15017-inthemindofsunshine/) but they have not logged into GA since July 31, 2016, so I doubt even trying a PM the author would be of any use...

As an aside, Googling "The Paradox of Friendship" throws up some interesting results (not that any of them seem to be of help in solving @JimBob97's original request...)

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Having Googled "IntheMindofSunshine" it looks like that author may have had at least two stories on GA:

1. The Paradox of Friendship, and
  2. (possibly) In the Depths of Despair.

However, I have not been able to find any other site where works by this author seem to be hosted.

The first one actually has a discussion thread still extant on GA, which can be accessed at the following link:

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/34173-the-paradox-of-friendship/

(However, the link to the story itself in that thread returns an error message saying it cannot be located.)

IntheMindofSunshine's profile page still exists (https://gayauthors.org/profile/15017-inthemindofsunshine/) but they have not logged into GA since July 31, 2016, so I doubt even trying a PM the author would be of any use...

As an aside, Googling "The Paradox of Friendship" throws up some interesting results (not that any of them seem to be of help in solving @JimBob97's original request...)

Yup!  That's it!  The first story was "The Paradox of Friendship" and then there was a sequel too, also with "Paradox" in the title, if I remember right.   They were quite good, and I was disappointed when she left the site.  :( 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Yup!  That's it!  The first story was "The Paradox of Friendship" and then there was a sequel too, also with "Paradox" in the title, if I remember right.   They were quite good, and I was disappointed when she left the site.  :( 

There was listed in the Author Profile "The Paradox Series" and a follow-up story to "The Paradox Series" titled "The Paradox of Destinations."  The profile itself is interesting reading. 

• Like 3

The Paradox of Friendship was one of the first stories I read on this site, heck I think I read it before I made an account for GA. While it was an intense read, I still loved the series nevertheless.

6 hours ago, JimBob97 said:

Thanks so much for the help everybody! That was 100% the story. It sounds like my search will have to continue elsewhere, though. Hopefully it still exists somewhere!

You can find the story via the Wayback Machine. However, it should be noted that there is no guarantee that each chapter was captured.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator

@JimBob97

14 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

The Paradox of Friendship was one of the first stories I read on this site, heck I think I read it before I made an account for GA. While it was an intense read, I still loved the series nevertheless.

You can find the story via the Wayback Machine. However, it should be noted that there is no guarantee that each chapter was captured.

You can use the nearly hidden print icon on that link to show the whole story: https://web.archive.org/web/20130522061347/http://www.gayauthors.org/story/inthemindofsunshine/theparadoxoffriendship/print

• Like 4