Story Publishing Issue

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Found an issue with the new story publishing update. 

172642278_Screenshot2022-05-162_05_48PM.png.fa7ccca2ff58dfd68a3ef0f93ffdaed3.png

This chapter is unpublished with no set publishing date. According to a few messages I have with some of my readers, no one directly following the Death in the Shadows story received a notification, but the unpublished chapter appears in my profile activity. I'm unaware if profile followers got a notification, but regardless, the link properly leads to the "Sorry, page not found" destination. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Ah hah!  Thank you!  It is so hard to track down bugs when people don't include enough information.  You provided the final link I think for tracking this down.  I've reported it to our programmer.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Myr said:

Ah hah!  Thank you!  It is so hard to track down bugs when people don't include enough information.  You provided the final link I think for tracking this down.  I've reported it to our programmer.

No problem. Would it be all right to publish the chapter, or do you need it to remain as if for a bit?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
7 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

No problem. Would it be all right to publish the chapter, or do you need it to remain as if for a bit?

You can post it.  Now that I've gotten to the root of the issue (I think), we should be able to find the code causing the issue.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Published the chapter, but I discovered something fun along the way. The immediate option was to publish immediately via slide-button, which did not work. Upon childlike button pushing, I remembered I posted the unpublished story yesterday, which was when the date and time were set to (5/15 @6:00PM). Fun fact; you can't push the Publish button while you intend to publish immediately with a pre-dated date and time.

More of a nuisance, and but yep. That's a thing too.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, astone2292 said:

The immediate option was to publish immediately via slide-button, which did not work

Waiting for a bug fix on that one.  It should be graying out the publish now option if you're not allowed to publish 'now'

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
15 minutes ago, Krista said:

Nice to know I didn't break anything this go. The last time the archives updated, I wrecked it. :D 

Marked on my calendar as a first... 😛

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the right thread, but chapter publishing does not work properly.

I published chapter seven of my story today, this is what happened:

PUBLISH NOW didn't work

The advance date had the wrong date and time in it ( Maybe the date and time it was uploaded)

Changed the date to today the time to plus one minute

PUBLISH didn't work

Then it said future publishing must be next day ( plus 24 hours)

Changed the date to next day

PUBLISH didn't work

Now the date reverted to the US format (before it was in European format)

Finally after ignoring the date and hitting PUBLISH it worked.

It's a real mess (The publishing not the story 😅)

• Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Luca E said:

Not sure if this is the right thread,

It's not, no.  This is on Story Publishing and you are reporting an issue on Chapter Publishing.

Mixing issues makes it a lot more difficult to correct things, so please follow the posting rules.

image.png

See your issue here:

We are waiting on the bug patch for this.