Paradox Lost by Libby Drew

This is a premium book, meaning you have to take out a subscription to read it, but you don't get any preview so although it looks really interesting, you don't actually know what you are buying. My question is: is this book original, fan fiction, or what? It seems strange to have a book with the same theme and name as the film.

Paradox Lost

Written and directed by co-star Dennis Curlett, a genre-bending love story about time travel, the end of the world, and long form improvisational comedy.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Luca E said:

This is a premium book, meaning you have to take out a subscription to read it, but you don't get any preview so although it looks really interesting, you don't actually know what you are buying. My question is: is this book original, fan fiction, or what? It seems strange to have a book with the same theme and name as the film.

Paradox Lost

Written and directed by co-star Dennis Curlett, a genre-bending love story about time travel, the end of the world, and long form improvisational comedy.

No, it's not fan fiction. It's original and has nothing to do with the movie. I'm reading it and it's good.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Time-travel tour guide Reegan McNamara’s job is usually a breeze. A trip back to 2030 seems no different, until a woman runs away from his tour group. Now her husband is demanding her safe return—or Reegan will lose more than just his job.

P.I. Saul Kildare’s business is running on borrowed time. When a stranger bangs on his door one night and promises a windfall for a missing-person case, it seems too good to be true. 

The two men have an immediate connection, but as their attraction evolves into feelings neither can deny, will they have the strength to take a leap of faith together?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can't believe I've never heard of this movie. It's right up my alley. And you think I would've latched onto it from the name. 

My story Paradox Lost was originally published in 2014. It's one of my older books. I've always liked it, and even though, being close to a decade old, it doesn't necessarily reflect the writer I am today, I wanted to share it. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Libby Drew said:

My story Paradox Lost was originally published in 2014

I saw that later when I did a web search and also saw all the rave reviews you got and that it's available as an ebook. I think you were even up for a prize, maybe you are being a little modest when you say, 

4 hours ago, Libby Drew said:

it doesn't necessarily reflect the writer I am today

:2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A reader shared this with me because I mentioned cherry blossoms in a recent chapter. Since your story's also set in Washington, I thought you'd appreciate it. Are the deformities the result of a time paradox? LOL

image.png.f55a310928d65fc496e1c93268d25a