Ads are glitches stories

I read GA off of the android app and have had issues with ads popping up like "click bait" stories you would read from FB. 

Prior to a couple of days ago I would get an ad at the top of the story, then an occasional ad page when I'd change chapters. One particular story,  "Sigil of a Wolf", Topher Lydon, won't even show content past the intro paragraph, just a white bar with ads over where the content should be (I read in dark mode),  but no words. Is this due to an update in the app? I'd really like to get back to my stories. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Google controls where ads get placed. I suspect they are getting desperate as they keep changing settings on their own. 

Everything seems to be working when I check. 

If you want to avoid ads completely and still have a site to visit, Premium Members have no ads. 

https://gayauthors.org/subscriptions/

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Myr said:

Google controls where ads get placed. I suspect they are getting desperate as they keep changing settings on their own. 

Everything seems to be working when I check. 

If you want to avoid ads completely and still have a site to visit, Premium Members have no ads. 

https://gayauthors.org/subscriptions/

Ok, well the budget isn't allowing for premium atm. Just moved, looking for new job, yada yada...lol, BUT as soon as I'm flush again I'll definitely pursue it. 

• Fingers Crossed 3

@Bdamdifino, when you can, Premium membership is the best way to go.  I resisted premium membership for a long time, but finally was frustrated when using my phones instead of my desktop computer to read  stories.  When your budget finally permits, as mine finally did, it was a real winner to not have to go through ads on my phone.

But I understand about tight budgets.  Mine was that way for many years, and still some months are seemingly between "ouch" and "boinngg!"

• Like 3

I use a chromebook, and for a few days I have clicked on stories or chapters and get blocked by an AD REMOVED PAGE.  I have had go back and  to the index page and refresh, until I can get through to the chapter. 

Not sure if this is the same problem?

Edited by Flip-Flop
  • Like 4
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, Flip-Flop said:

I use a chromebook, and for a few days I have clicked on stories or chapters and get blocked by an AD REMOVED PAGE.  I have had go back and  to the index page and refresh, until I can get through to the chapter. 

Not sure if this is the same problem?

It might be. Google keeps fiddling with things and different browsers react differently. And people are getting different things. 

• Like 5

@ReaderPaul I have been a business owner for many years, feast or famine seems to be my norm. However I did have an interview as a welding instructor Thursday in Grand Prairie, he offered me the job after we were done and I got a tour of the facility. Hopefully I get my offer letter Monday so I can get through the red tape and be to work by the 26th. It's less per hr than I charge, but I know my hours (4 - 10's), I'll actually have insurance and retirement,  plus 2 weeks vacation!! 

Super excited, just gotta get everything paid over the next 10 days. 😁🍻

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

Just to confirm, Google continues to ignore settings.  As lovely as it would be to ditch them, we can't afford to.

I've done the leg work and ordered the new server today, which is a bonus... it's cheaper and better than our current server.  Some time this week the site will be moving.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Myr said:

Just to confirm, Google continues to ignore settings.  As lovely as it would be to ditch them, we can't afford to.

I've done the leg work and ordered the new server today, which is a bonus... it's cheaper and better than our current server.  Some time this week the site will be moving.

Not sure what this will change or mean, but I assume this will help you and us! ☺️

• Like 3