• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Chapter :worship:

Now I kinda feel bad for Ryan how Connor reacted about sally, Ryan and Connor need to sit down sometime and talk about why they broke up.

Ben and Connor :wub: Wow conn moved that fast towards Ben. Ryan and Derek?

"Good God almighty," Toby sighed, shaking his head. "This is really getting interesting."

I whole totally agree!!

Okay, I can understand why Conner reacted the way he did. Ryan has been such an ass the past few months. Conner was upset, and I can see why.

I am happy to see that Ben and Conner might be getting together. However, I cannot help but think that the only reason Conner did what he did towards Ben was because he was upset. Would he have done that if he never found out that Ryan went on a 'date' (even though it was not really a date) with Sally? I am not so sure.

I really hope that things will work out with Conner and Ben. Conner deserves someone better then Ryan, IMO.

Now, I think that Ryan is starting to regret breaking up with Conner. Look at the way he acted after Conner confronted him and screamed at him. If he really no longer loved Conner, and had no more feelings for him would he have really cared what Conner though. I do not think so.

It is so great that Cody and Toby are working on things. I would really like to see them together and happy.

The rapist was caught. That is great! Hopefully he will go to jail and spend the rest of his life there. He is a cruel and heartless person.

I cannot wait to read more, and to find out how things will go with Conner and Ben.

It was a wonderful chapter. Thanks David!! :hug:

Kurt :D

I whole totally agree!!

Okay, I can understand why Conner reacted the way he did. Ryan has been such an ass the past few months. Conner was upset, and I can see why.

That's true, plus with the stress with finding the rapist etc I can see, just kinda feel bad for Ryan even though he's been an ass.

I do too wonder if Connor would of reached out to Ben, if he didn't have the outburst with Ryan.

Please excuse me with my grammar and spelling David. :hug:

David...Great Chapter!

I feel sorry for Ryan, especially after reading the information Toby provided about the "date". The poor boy certainly got it with both barrels from Conner. Not that he didn't have it coming for his actions over the past few months but I think Conner had built up the anger about Mikey, Maggie's talk to him after the breakup, the mis-interpreted "date" with Sally and the anger at the rapist and dumped it on Ryan.

I agree with Kurt that Ryan obviously still has feelings for Conner (another example was his reaction to his belief that Conner had hooked up with Toby). The poor guy now has 3 weeks to think about his confrontation with Conner before he gets to sit down with him and talk about it.

I'd still like to see Conner with Ryan but I think they both have done things that may be difficult if not impossible to get over.

Steve

David...Great Chapter!

I feel sorry for Ryan, especially after reading the information Toby provided about the "date". The poor boy certainly got it with both barrels from Conner. Not that he didn't have it coming for his actions over the past few months but I think Conner had built up the anger about Mikey, Maggie's talk to him after the breakup, the mis-interpreted "date" with Sally and the anger at the rapist and dumped it on Ryan.

I agree with Kurt that Ryan obviously still has feelings for Conner (another example was his reaction to his belief that Conner had hooked up with Toby). The poor guy now has 3 weeks to think about his confrontation with Conner before he gets to sit down with him and talk about it.

I'd still like to see Conner with Ryan but I think they both have done things that may be difficult if not impossible to get over.

Steve

Well everyone, I am still shaking after reading this chapter. Litterally!!! If you remember, I opened up and let everyone know that I understood Connor because I had been raped and I also mentioned "Triggers." Well, I am having some trouble with this chapter "personally" and I will deal with that myself. But, I want to give you my raw feelings now while I can still describe them. LB did the most wonderful job writing this chapter and thanks to Kitty for the editing. If I don't make sense please forgive me, I think my blood pressure is some where near 165/110 (not joking). My heart started racing the second Connor got the phone call. I have never had to face my rapist I only have the picture of him running through my head constantly. Connor having to do it, okay it makes me cry, I don't know if I could do it. I certainly know that LB put the right feeling into words otherwise I would not be so shaken. I could almost anticipate the words and thoughts of Connor, it was really weird. He has a lot more to deal with now and it is going to be tough. When the assistant DA remarked about her daughter dating Ryan, my mind went off the scale. I felt like I was in Connors place and I know I would have reacted the same way. I was proud of him, in a sense, for facing Ryan. At that point in time, Ryan did not deserve "the time of day" let alone an excuse, right or wrong. I don't like what Connor said to Ryan about his ADD, but everything else he had coming. Again, I would have done the same thing, right or wrong. Connor had every feeling and nerve exposed with no one to be there for support. He felt alone, deserted, vulnurable, confused, angry, bewildered, and degraded all at one time. It did not surprise me that he went to Ben. Now, I do feel that Connor went to Ben because he felt "resolve" at that point in time. I think it was to quick, but what 16 year old would not have done that! I am glad they have decided to take it slow.

As for Ryan, it is time for him to face the music!! I know he still feels for Connor, but he could only expect so much from his x-boyfriend. No explainations given to Connor, no communication. He got what was coming only because Connor really did have to get it out of his system. Now I think Ryan has some real issues to deal with. Having to go away for 3 weeks, just might do him some good now. He has pushed Connor away to the point of "maybe" no return. We shall see.

Okay, I think I have calmed down enought to leave you all alone. I just wanted to get it out of my system. This has been way to real for me. LB, again, you have done a great job!

Thanks, :great:

Boxerdude

OK, the first thing I'd like to mention is the title: Turn the lights out when you leave.

(the lyrics are here)

This sure sounds like it's over between Connor and Ryan to me. However, who knows? I could see it going either way at this point.

I loved this chapter!!

One evening in early July, Cody and I were pigging out at an Ethiopian restaurant that had recently opened. I had been a little wary of Ethiopian food at first, and actually had no idea that they were famous for their cuisine. All I'd ever heard about were people starving in Ethiopia. The food was incredible, though. I'd never eaten much "foreign" food before, but after we'd made a mess of ourselves, eating the large slab of bread covered with all different kinds of curry with our hands (apparently, Ethiopians don't use utensils), I decided that I definitely wouldn't mind trying out some more exotic restaurants in the future.

I've never tried Ethiopian food, but this has me curious!

I also thought that is was very sweet that Connor was concerned for Cody.

Derek and Ben were both on the swim team at the pool they belonged to. I'd asked them why they weren't on the swim team at school with Toby, and they both said it was too much of a time commitment. They just liked to do it for fun during the summer. I'd had to miss their first couple of swim meets because of work, but after I had my hours cut back, I was finally able to make it to one. I clearly remembered how hot Toby had looked in his little Speedo when I'd gone to see him at one of his swim meets, but the way the Speedos tightly hugged the twins' hips and butts, and the highly visible bulges in the front ... well, it was almost downright obscene! Of course, I loved it.

Whoa! Now that was some hot imagery! :devil::devil::2thumbs:

I almost fainted when I saw Cody come out of the changing rooms wearing a Speedo. I was a little surprised, because the twins had changed into board shorts, which was what Toby and I were wearing as well. If Cody had looked hot in a loincloth, he looked about a hundred times hotter in a Speedo. It was almost too much for my hormone-crazed sixteen-year-old mind to handle. I even noticed Ben sneaking a few glances at Cody -- although, I must admit, Cody's "bulge" wasn't quite as big as the twins' ... not that that mattered or anything ... just something I noticed. I was glad that Cody asked Toby to put the sunscreen on him, though, or else I might have made a mess in my shorts right then and there!

Speaking of hot imagery! Cody in a speedo, too! Woot!

VERY hot, LB!! :devil:

Cody is certainly comfortable with his (hot) body.. first the loincloth, and now speedos at a water park! :great:

Then I noticed Toby standing about five feet away from me, holding my swimming trunks up like a trophy.

ROFL!!!!!!!! That scene made me laugh out loud!

"Now I know why my brother likes you so much," I heard Derek say as he walked up beside me. "You've got a cute ass."

That one made me laugh out loud, too! :great:

Then, the roller coaster took a turn, and we got to the serious stuff: Connor having to see his rapist again. That anticipatory stress would rattle anyone, badly, even in just photos (and Connor thought it would be face-to-face).

I'm usually a bit unforgiving when it comes to people flying off the handle, but I could certainly understand Connor doing so at Ryan under those circumstances!!! The ADD crack was a bit low, but given what Connor has just been through, totally understandable even if Ryan hadn't dumped him.

I liked the way Connor made a beeline for Ben's bed. No, not for the usual reasons, but because it certainly shows just how much he has changed since Chapter 1, especially in self-confidence. I also liked the "no commitments" part, VERY appropriate under the circumstances.

I also liked the way LB skipped over the sex scene, leaving it to the reader's imagination.

"Holy shit!" Toby gasped, appearing scandalized. "You turned Ben gay? And you're together now?"

That was so funny!!!

"Good God almighty," Toby sighed, shaking his head. "This is really getting interesting."

Now that I agree with! What a turn of events!!!

Ryan's actions continue to mystify me... And I can't wait to see what happens in 24!

Great chapter, and my thanks to LB and Kitty!!

Ok, here's why I'm pissed off with Connor......

He's being a jerk off about Maggie. I mean, what exactly did she do to make him so angry??? Is it the fact that she gave him a home?? Maybe it's the car she fixed up for him, or the fact that she let him date and sleep with her son. maybe it was the medication she gave him for his panic attacks that pissed him off. Of course, it could be all of the Christmas gifts that she gave him. Oh wait, no, I think it was the birthday party she threw for him after she was there for him after he was sold by his own mother to a rapist :angry::angry::angry:

Here's why I want to kiss Connor.....

He's going for it with Ben, moving on and finally letting his abusive ex boyfriend in on the truth. I mean, Ryan had it coming, even if it was a misunderstanding that led to Connor thinking he went on a breeder date. As far as i'm concerned, the only thing Connor shouldn't have done was confess to Toby that it was him who kicked in Ryans door.....he should have said Ryan did it out of anger, then Ryan would've been grounded for lying and for breaking his door down :devil::devil::devil:

I think we're starting to see the begining of Connor's breakdown and the end of Ryan's breakdown

He's being a jerk off about Maggie. I mean, what exactly did she do to make him so angry??? Is it the fact that she gave him a home?? Maybe it's the car she fixed up for him, or the fact that she let him date and sleep with her son. maybe it was the medication she gave him for his panic attacks that pissed him off. Of course, it could be all of the Christmas gifts that she gave him. Oh wait, no, I think it was the birthday party she threw for him after she was there for him after he was sold by his own mother to a rapist :angry::angry::angry:

Here's why I want to kiss Connor.....

He's going for it with Ben, moving on and finally letting his abusive ex boyfriend in on the truth. I mean, Ryan had it coming, even if it was a misunderstanding that led to Connor thinking he went on a breeder date. As far as i'm concerned, the only thing Connor shouldn't have done was confess to Toby that it was him who kicked in Ryans door.....he should have said Ryan did it out of anger, then Ryan would've been grounded for lying and for breaking his door down :devil::devil::devil:

I think we're starting to see the begining of Connor's breakdown and the end of Ryan's breakdown

Nicholas, you intrest me because you see things so openly. You are right. Connor really does not have a thing to be pissed off about Maggie. I like your point of view, it is refreshing. How can you be so young and insightful too. You must have an IQ of at least 200!!!

Why you like Connor, I agree with you 100% you are definetly on track with that. Connor is in for a breakdown. I can personally attest to that. Even if LB does not write about it, it is true to life. I have and if you have read my post you will understand. I am fine but Connor is not. He has only begun his journey on that issue. When he reads about it in the paper, or see's it on TV, or the internet, it will all come flooding back to him, believe me I know. Connor is not ready for what is about to happen to him. I wasn't! I thought I had it handled, but I didn't. I am miles ahead of Connor so, he has a tough road ahead of him. I have Mike, my partner, who does Connor have??? LB, that is up to you!!

Nicholas, thank you for what you have posted. It really means a lot to me and I can honestly say that I am glad I am your friend because you can see past all the other stuff.

Hugs,

Boxerdude

I also liked the way LB skipped over the sex scene, leaving it to the reader's imagination.

Who had sex?! :blink:

Oops! OK, I should have said:"leaving it to the reader's over-active imagination. :lmao:

"Connor, I know I want to be more than just friends," Ben said softly, running his fingers through my hair. "How about we try it out, but no serious commitments? Would that be okay?"

"Yeah," I replied. "I think that would be a good idea."

Considering how Connor had been nibbling on Ben's neck, and that they were face-to-face in bed, I figured something must have happened... But, maybe I've just got a dirty mind... :devil:

Good points all, Nick! His attitude towards Maggie rankles me, too.

You must have an IQ of at least 200!!!
...haha!! I'm not so smart...i couldn't even make the principals list this year

Why you like Connor, I agree with you 100% you are definetly on track with that. Connor is in for a breakdown. I can personally attest to that. Even if LB does not write about it, it is true to life.

I think it's true because compared to how he normally acts, he's being a weirdo :blink: :wacko: :lol:

Nicholas, thank you for what you have posted. It really means a lot to me and I can honestly say that I am glad I am your friend because you can see past all the other stuff.

awww :wub::wub::wub: I'm glad we're friends too.

I am fine but Connor is not

I'm glad you're doing good, David. You're an awesome person and we're all lucky to have you here on the forums :)

Here comes the train wreck.

I don't feel bad for Ryan, he had no regard for Connors feelings for a whole month after he dumped Connor. He was in the drivers seat when he broke up with Connor. Even if he doesn't understand his own feelings, he pulled the plug, so live with the consequences.

Maybe this is a good lesson for them both about how to communicate with each other.

I just keep thinking what the hell did Ryan think was going to come of him breaking up with Connor, did he think that Connor was going to pine away, and wait for him while he got his feces coagulated..... Sorry chump you blew it.

I can see Ben's point about Connor being on the rebound. I can relate to Ben's confusion about what he may want in the future, kids, a family, or a gay relationship. Been there big time.

So I can only guess that Ch 24 will address, Ryan slipping into a deep catatonic depression now that he cant have the only person he ever truly loved back. Connor will be on a never ending guilt trip about Ryan's situation, but be torn apart with the happyness he feels about his new love, Ben.

Great job LB, thanks for all your work Kitty.

Ex.

Edited by ex52tech

I think Connor's new attitude toward Maggie is worthy of a little discussion ...

As Nicko pointed out, she did do a lot for Connor. So maybe he is a tad ungrateful. But has Maggie been dealing well with things recently? How does she rate as a mother, between how we (and Connor) see her at the beginning of the story and now? Where does Connor's problem with Maggie stem from?

I know Kitty has some interesting thoughts about Maggie ... perhaps she'll share those with us ... ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

P.S.- I'm glad everyone's enjoying the chapter so far. I've been working on Ch. 24 over the past few days. Before that comes out, though, y'all can read my Summer Anthology story, which should be coming out soon. I hear that Luigi has done a really awesome job with the formatting. :wub:

As Nicko pointed out, she did do a lot for Connor. So maybe he is a tad ungrateful. But has Maggie been dealing well with things recently? How does she rate as a mother, between how we (and Connor) see her at the beginning of the story and now? Where does Connor's problem with Maggie stem from?

My work schedule's a lot like Maggie's, so I can relate to her dilemma, but the truth of the matter is at a time when all 3 of her sons need her the most, she's buisy as hell with her work. I know she has bills to pay as a single mother and medicine doesn't pay nearly as well as it used to and as most people think it does, and I know that she has patients who depend on her. Still, she has a son undergoing horrendous treatment for leukemia and whose chance for survival is a hell of a lot poorer that it was before his relapse, she has a son who's in the midst of a breakdown and another about to begin one. As Viv so beautifull wrote in her most recent chapter of From Behind Those Eyes (read it if you haven't), nothing else matters. Maggie needs to take some time off to be with her sons. They need her now more than ever. Not that Connor will ever really trust her after what his own mother did to him.

Very angst-driven chapter. Most provocative. :fire:

What is lurking in the background is that Connor is completely spinning out of control. First, the very revealing moment a few chapters ago when he decides to give up performing.

Then the issues with Ryan, the surfacing of authority resentment (Maggie), confronting the arrest of his rapist, meeting the Asst. D.A./mother of "her", the imagined relationship between Ryan and the girl, an aggressiveness with Ben...whoa. Connor needs help. :unsure:

BTW, I loved the vision created when Cody appeared in his Speedo.

Best,

Jack B)

Great chapter LB,

I am so glad the rape has finally been dealt with.

Connors reaction to the news Ryan was dating a girl was totally understandable, though I'm still rooting for the great 'make up sex' scene! ... you know it makes sense ;)

The Ryan scene was perfect.

But Connors fling with Ben is a bad move. He's on the rebound, and after all what is a month?

Water park, speedo, Mmm!

Roll on 24!

Camy B)

I'm shocked...

I really did like Connor and Ryan :wub: , now I only like Ryan :wub: . Whatever reason it is I don't think Connor should judge before getting the full story. Ryan has issues, I know, and he is acting like an ass but if Connor is in love with Ryan :wub: it isn't a good reaction to give. I think Ryan :wub: still really loves Connor, it was obvious that he was jealous.

Now it isn't Ryan :wub: anymore who is going crazy, it is connor and I hope he comes back to earth really soon. And he should really do something not to loose his temper... If he keeps doing this I'm certain Maggie won't let him stay. How much she loves Connor, if he can't control himself and kicks in a door :blink: he is a danger to himself and to others. I agree he has a bad past but a lot of people have a bad past but it isn't a right to act like that.

I also hope that Ryan can forgive Connor. I'm a person that believes in true love that will last a life time. Last week I thought Connor deserved better than Ryan now I certain that Connor doesn't deserve Ryan, and Ryan certainly deserves better then Connor. For christ sake if a mother says to you that a person is dating another, mothers aren't really the best source for this information, I don't think many people will go tell mommie their love life.

Sorry for the chaotic text and the mistakes (Kitty is free to change it if she is going in shock because I don't want the world to loose such a good editor.)

Keep up the good work LBTW you really did make my heart go crazy and normally I quite a down to earth person who isn't touched easy...

:worship: LBTW - Kitty :worship:

Edited by Max03

Well, I'll just come out and say it.

I think we should break up.. or, in this context, I didn't like the chapter. There, I said it. But, with all the build up between posts, the guessing and the suspense, anything would have a hard time living up to all that.

Mostly, I don't like it because Connor and Ryan are not patched up yet. I know, my own needs and wants.

But, the whole chapter seemed gratuitous, less deep than earlier chapters when it really needed to go even deeper.

The only thing I got special out of the water park scene, and no one else has mentioned - HELLO! Derek thinks he has a nice ass! At this rate I'm waiting for the only straight boy left to invite Connor over to work out. (Oh wait, he did that! ) :devil:

Ben and Connor? No way will Ben accept a relationship based on wanting to hurt Ryan, not in loving him. But you have to admire the frequency with which these guys can make a Connor sandwich! First he is cuddled between Ryan and Toby, now Ben and Derek. Time to show him tough love and cuddle him up, girls!

There is not a single person in this story who is NOT in crisis! ( Well, with the exception of the affore mentioned Delcondris. Hmmmm)

Many of us are looking through much more experienced eyes and emotions than a group of teenagers are. So far, other than Connor wanting to get even and make Ryan hurt too, I don't read this as having involved cruelty by anyone. Why should we dislike any of them for merely being human?

Loss and death permeate the whole story and no one is dealing with it. Maggie, Ryan, Toby, Cody, no one.

I am just looking forward to chapter 24, and most likely into chapter 25 when we see the first real act of open and total love, undertaken for all the right reasons. But who will be the first to feel and to open up the hearts of the rest???

:read:

Well, working on this chapter certainly was a cathartic experience. Brought back memories. Let's put it this way ... I didn't kick his door down, I threw a lot of things. He had several floor-to-ceiling bookcases full of books, and as I was yelling ( pretty much the same things Connor was yelling at Ryan), I swept all of the books off the shelves into big piles on the floor.

I am not a violent person, but getting that energy out physically felt really good, let me tell you.

He looked at me like I was going crazy, and I was thinking, oh, I'm just beginning to come to my senses.

Kitty :sword:

Yipes! Sorry you had to go through that, Kitty.

I think Connor's new attitude toward Maggie is worthy of a little discussion ...

A tad ungrateful? Cough-sputter-gasp! :blink::o

Understatement-of-the-century alert!

Let's see... Maggie has been absent a lot, true. But other than that, she tried to protect and help Connor right from the start, took care of him, gave him his first real christmas, and took him into her family when he needed a home. I can understand why Connor might not be overly trusting of "mother figures", and is aware of his problems with "parental figures", but I hope he opens his eyes a little, at least occasionally. Just my two cent's worth.

BTW, I loved the vision created when Cody appeared in his Speedo.
Water park, speedo, Mmm!

Definitely a VERY hot scene! :devil:

I didn't think anything could match the "Cody in a Loincloth" scene, but this did IMHO.

The Twins in Speedos was hot, too. :devil:

Well, I'll just come out and say it.

I think we should break up.. or, in this context, I didn't like the chapter. There, I said it. But, with all the build up between posts, the guessing and the suspense, anything would have a hard time living up to all that.

Mostly, I don't like it because Connor and Ryan are not patched up yet. I know, my own needs and wants.

But, the whole chapter seemed gratuitous, less deep than earlier chapters when it really needed to go even deeper.

My own feelings are that you do need some lighthearted and non-momentous scenes, otherwise all you have is angst and crisis. I loved this chapter for the balance at added, and I especially loved the water-park visit.

Just my opinion.

The only thing I got special out of the water park scene, and no one else has mentioned - HELLO! Derek thinks he has a nice ass! At this rate I'm waiting for the only straight boy left to invite Connor over to work out. (Oh wait, he did that! ) :devil:

My read on that scene was that Derek was just teasing Connor.

Sometimes I think Ryan's worse than Connors mom. He knows how Connor was abused, and the last memory Connor has of his mom is of her trying to whore him out, but he still beat him up when they broke up and made him feel worthless.

Ummmm, Nick, when exactly did Ryan beat up Connor? Oh, I think I remember now! It was between two of the many alien-invasion scenes in "What's the difference between you and me?" :P:P:P:P

Ummmm, Nick, when exactly did Ryan beat up Connor? Oh, I think I remember now! It was between two of the many alien-invasion scenes in "What's the difference between me and you?" :P:P:P:P

lol...no, it was when he tried to reach out for Ryans hand, and Ryan hit him repeatedly in the face. Oh, it's true, it's true :read::ph34r: :nuke:

I know Kitty has some interesting thoughts about Maggie ... perhaps she'll share those with us ... ;)

I think Connors problem with Maggie, other than a general resentment to any parent, is that Maggie hasn't set any boundries for Connor. Connor kicks in a door and he doesn't even know what Maggies reaction will be, or how much trouble he is in.

Maybre Connor is ungrateful because he doesn't respect Maggie, she is the authority in his life, but she has exercized little if any.

I rate Maggie as a lousy mother, when her work takes precedence over a child with a possible terminal illness, and another child completely becomming introverted because of the loss of a friend. I don't know about you guys, but my MA would have kicked the door down long before Connor did and would have stood on my chest until I opened up.

Bring on Ch24 will ya, I'm having an anxiety attack here.

Ex.

Sorry, I pretty much skipped over many posts here, so excuse me for me enjoying my only day off of the week. :devil:

I do sense Connor's distaste for Maggie, though it's said he's overreacting how she said to him in the last chapter. It could be just Connor's distaste for parental authority working through past his knowledge.

I dunno if Connor is getting on with Ben just to hit Ryan hard since there are no mention of his thinking intending to do that. All I read is that he just wants to find someone to comfort him, and Ben has been doing a lot of that to him lately...he was a perfect one for Connor to run to. And Connor did not jump into the serious relationship yet, but simply agreed to try it out...he did even tell Ben to forget what he has said during that embrace until Ben told him to knock it off. Perhaps Ben wants to try it out instead to make sure Connor is really giving him the love, not just to get Ryan back.

That is my understanding how the situation went through.

And Buddha's obsession with speedos is again noted. Oh god I need to buy one for myself for my boyfriend to gawk at. :D

lol...no, it was when he tried to reach out for Ryans hand, and Ryan hit him repeatedly in the face. Oh, it's true, it's true :read::ph34r: :nuke:

Sorry for the goof on the title of your story, Nick.

As for Ryan hitting Connor in the face, I thoguht I was the one with the over-active imagination? :P

I think Connors problem with Maggie, other than a general resentment to any parent, is that Maggie hasn't set any boundries for Connor. Connor kicks in a door and he doesn't even know what Maggies reaction will be, or how much trouble he is in.

Maybre Connor is ungrateful because he doesn't respect Maggie, she is the authority in his life, but she has exercized little if any.

I rate Maggie as a lousy mother, when her work takes precedence over a child with a possible terminal illness, and another child completely becomming introverted because of the loss of a friend. I don't know about you guys, but my MA would have kicked the door down long before Connor did and would have stood on my chest until I opened up.

Interesting points!

I think you may be on to something regarding Connor. I'm not sure I agree about Maggie, though, as she might not be as non-involved as it seems. The story is as seen through Connor's eyes, so if she's spending time with Toby, would we know?

I certainly hope there are some repercussions over that kicked-in door, though.

I dunno if Connor is getting on with Ben just to hit Ryan hard since there are no mention of his thinking intending to do that. All I read is that he just wants to find someone to comfort him, and Ben has been doing a lot of that to him lately...he was a perfect one for Connor to run to. And Connor did not jump into the serious relationship yet, but simply agreed to try it out...he did even tell Ben to forget what he has said during that embrace until Ben told him to knock it off. Perhaps Ben wants to try it out instead to make sure Connor is really giving him the love, not just to get Ryan back.

That is my understanding how the situation went through.

I tend to agree. My take on it was that Connor was ready to move on, and was tired of waiting. For a teenager, a month or two would IMHO seem like forever.

And Buddha's obsession with speedos is again noted. Oh god I need to buy one for myself for my boyfriend to gawk at. :D

Buddha's obsession with speedos is not only noted, but sincerely appreciated (and IMHO it needs to be encouraged!) :D