Trying to track down 2 stories

Dalmania

I can't track down two stories.

1. A high school victim of bullies has his jacket stolen/thrown out. He walks without a coat into a storm. A jock type pulls up and offers the guy a ride. They get stuck (in the snow) overnight in the jock's car.

2. In college, a guy loses both his parents. His room mate gets the orphan adopted into his own family. The guys become lovers. After a couple of years, the guy cheats on the "orphan" with a girl, gets married, has twins. wife dies. Guy wants to get back with orphan guy - and they will be parents together.

Please help out if you can.

For unfathomable reasons, it is driving me crazy!

Thanks

• Site Administrator

I don't know the first one, but the second one is Working it out by Don Hanratty, which is available here at GA.

Graeme

PS: It's also one of my all-time favourite stories :D

1. A high school victim of bullies has his jacket stolen/thrown out. He walks without a coat into a storm. A jock type pulls up and offers the guy a ride. They get stuck (in the snow) overnight in the jock's car.

http://www.crvboy.org/stories/cpl/wc1/c01.html

Carter's Army, by Christopher Patrick Lydon