What are you good at?

I have found that when you write poetry, you tend to be able to put certain things into it. Some people are good at weaving imagery into their poetry, while others are good at conveying a certain situation. It all depends on your style and your purpose. Certain people use poetry for an outlet for their feelings; others tend to write about personal experiances. Poetry is is very personal, and as such, every persons style is slightly different. This creates a wealth of poetry, something for everyone.

One thing that you can see throughout my poetry is the emotion I put into it. Poetry is my outlet to help me to get a better picture of what is really going on. I try my best to show people what certain situations can be like by guiding them through with their feelings. This is one of the reasons my poetry is so mooving.

What are you good at putting into your poetry. How do you do it? I believe by understanding these two points, you gain a deeper grasp of your true purpose.

Silven

I also use poetry as an emotional outlet, often I find it difficult to begin with that angle and start out with imagery that comes to mind and work from there. I tend to have a general idea of what for I want to squeeze or stretch the poem into, but I by no means use that idea as a set rule, often I'll change what I want form-wise as I go. I don't let a set rhyming scheme curb what I intend to say... then what would be the point? I guess what I'm saying is... forget all the junk you learned in English classes about how poetry has to fit this or that form and then its a sonnet or a haiku or something else. Just write from the heart and adjust the form as you please, to suit you the writer.