From Where I Stand by kanseiji

Recently completed, this story has been one that I've eagerly followed almost from the first chapter. But since his story wasn't anounced to the Gay Author's public, I fear it may have passed beneath everyone's radar.

To give people a little idea about the story, it's almost a standard coming of age story about the protagonist growing up, getting a boyfriend, and finding his place in the world. But where most stories focus on the first two aspects, Kanseiji chose the third. What really shows through, chapter after chapter, is how Chris adapts the way he has lived his life for the first seventeen years of it so he can now survive the rest of it.

So if you have a moment, check it out, either here, or here: From Where I Stand. It's well worth the time.

Edit: Here is a link to its location in the Efiction archive.

Edited by B1ue
Recently completed, this story has been one that I've eagerly followed almost from the first chapter. But since his story wasn't anounced to the Gay Author's public, I fear it may have passed beneath everyone's radar.

To give people a little idea about the story, it's almost a standard coming of age story about the protagonist growing up, getting a boyfriend, and finding his place in the world. But where most stories focus on the first two aspects, Kanseiji chose the third. What really shows through, chapter after chapter, is how Chris adapts the way he has lived his life for the first seventeen years of it so he can now survive the rest of it.

So if you have a moment, check it out, either here, or here: From Where I Stand. It's well worth the time.

From where I stand is an excellent story, though Ive only read about half of it when it first surfaced on Nifty some months ago. I strongly encourage everyone give it a read! :2thumbs:

Steve

You can probably tell from my signature that I'm doing what I can to promote the story. I was blown away by it. The character development is excellent and the story is far more than the "slice of life" Kan Seiji advertizes it to be. It can be a little slow in spots, but KS weaves a wonderful series of threads together in a way that is unique and that in some ways pushes the envelope for gay fiction - and I don't mean sexually. I would compare this to Dom Luka's wonderful stories, but even that comparison is inadequate. From where I Stand is real - nothing artificial added. I'll have a lot more to say about this story once more people have read it through.

thanks everyone for the kind words and support! i'm trying to get author status right now so i can do my own shameless advertising, but thanks for helping:D .

To get "author" status, you would need to PM Jsmith

Welcome to GA forums!