New author... New stories

I'm trying to get this story published and would like to get some input or reviews. If you give your permission, I'd like to use good reviews in my submission letter and of course I'll take constructive criticism as well... it just won't go in my letter ;)

Anyway I'm a new writer here and I hope you enjoy!!

I actually have 5 stories on here so please check them all out... unless you are underage for the ones with the mature audiences.

These are T rated..

Alleys and Broken Dreams

Main Characters: Don, Robert Caldwell, Old Joe, Christina and Sarah.

Don lives on the streets, he left home as a teenager after his mother died and things went to crap at home, he tries to help new arrivals get off the streets before it is too late. While Robert.. is a rich man who owns a financial consulting firm, helping the rich get richer, thier paths in life are very different... or are they?

From the Ashes

Characters: Saphyre Indahol, December Allen, Phoenix, and eventually Eleck oh! and two bit demons and other nastys... along with some secondary characters.

This story is based on an RPG character I developed. Saphyre Indahol is a firestarter who was raped and is struggling to find her place in the world and the strength to rebuild her life. She's a bit of a spaz but a real sweetheart, she hates mornings and has been known to fling alarm clocks into alternate realms.

Krymsyn Knights

Main Characters: Jonathan, Sebastian, Bethany... and a few others to be introduced later.

The prolouge tells of a love between Jonathan and Adrian, Adrian is suicidal upon learning of thedeath of his wife during child birth and the fact that he as a vampire cannot raise her.

But the true story is set 19 years in the future and about Adrian's daughter Bethany.

At the moment, Adrian and Jonathan's love story will be told in flashback to Bethany, if there is enough interest I might write thier story as a prequal.

ADULT ORIENTED STORIES:

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!! Do not read this is you are under legal age.

The Shower

Main Characters: Jay and Shawn

Rub a dub dub 2 men in a tub... there is a short storyline, but right now it is listed as completed I am thinking of continuing the story and deal with Shawn's religious parents and his eventual coming out. Shining a light on the intolerance of organized religion and making interesting points to bring up when confronted by uniformed bigoted close minded jerks. Sorry didn't mean to go off on a rant.

I'd appreciate the input on whether I should just end it the way it is... or continue on? Please advise!

The Seduction of Seth

Main Characters: Jacob and Seth

Seth accidentally catches a man enjoying himself emmensely, and comes face to face with him the next day. All is not as it seems with Jacob however and Seth finds himself the object of Jacob's desire. One problem... Seth is a straight man with a girlfriend and a curious mind as well as a "little friend" with a mind of its own. I think the story is entertaining, meant to make you laugh as well as keep you guessing if Seth will ever give in to Jacob, and what will happen with Clarissa if he does.

There is 1 session of straight sex between Seth and Clarissa, then it is on to Jacob's attempts to bed Seth.

COMING SOON:

The Unicorn and the Thief

A unicorn loses his virginity in a violent encounter.. now he's stuck in human form and bound to his rapist.

Hope you enjoy the stories and

Thank you very much for your time

~Kawanee

P.S.

Yes I am aware of all the S's and J's named characters... I like them! I'll try to work on it, and yes... I have accidentally called them the wrong names in the stories!

If you're looking to get your story published in some venue that has some editorial control -- not necessarily for money, small press things often pay in copies rather than cash -- then don't put reviews or blurbs or the nice things people say about you in the cover letter. They don't help, and probably hurt. (Not that having, say, Stephen King like your stuff is a bad thing, but unless he's going to do an actual introduction to an agent, editor, or publisher it's not gonna help) As Miss Snark says, "Write well". And "don't be a nitwit" but that one's harder.

Reading her blog is probably one of the more useful things you can do, actually. http://missnark.blogspot.com. I particularly liked the commentary on the two rounds of the crap-o-meter. They're worth reading for snarky, biting, useful comments on hooks and first pages.

Thank you very much!

I was thinking that by giving the reviews or comments on the story that it might show the target audience, and giving the number of hits the story had, might prove useful?

One of my stories has over 4000 hits and 100 reviews... in less than month, and that it would be an accomplishment to be listed in the authors bio?

I'll check the MissSnark site, thanks for recommendation.

One of my stories has over 4000 hits and 100 reviews... in less than month, and that it would be an accomplishment to be listed in the authors bio?

How do you know how many hits your story has? I would dearly love to know how many people have at least begun reading my stories - since two of my stories have one review and the other has none at all it is possible nobody has even read them - in which case I might as well not post them...

Sinbad

Reading her blog is probably one of the more useful things you can do, actually. http://missnark.blogspot.com. I particularly liked the commentary on the two rounds of the crap-o-meter. They're worth reading for snarky, biting, useful comments on hooks and first pages.

Helps to get the URL right, y'know? :Dhttp://misssnark.blogspot.com/ - hooray for Miss Snark!

Sorry sinbad... i wasn't talking about this site.. I am still too new to know how to do a view count here..

Maybe we can suggest it here? for the next upgrade?

Thanks Jalaki, I actually hadn't had time to check it out yet... I'm getting ready for a performance and things are crazy right now.

The Unicorn and the Thief

A unicorn loses his innocence in a case of mistaken identity and against his will, he is soul bound to his rapist. He cannot return home and is now stuck in his human form forever. He finds himself slave to cruel master until one day a thief sneaks into the house and frees him... but what can he do? If the soul bond is broken by death, the unicorn dies as well.

Main Characters:

Regan, Coren, Bedell, Arabeth... and eventually the thief!

A new story is up!! Check it out?