[Vlista] One Moment: Chaper 8

I feel for Matt, Hope Danny isn't dead somewhere. hopefully he'll be able to be at that same place.

I'm hoping the same, Drewbie. Danny's death would totally devastate Matt. That's why Vance would never do such a cruel, heartless, mean-spirited thing. Right, eh Vance?

Here's my happy ending. Yes, Danny joins Matt at the 'home' where they both make incredible progress, to the point where they can be 'released' into the community. Not wanting to separate the boys, Mark adopts them. Mark marries and has a beautiful family. The boys go off to uni and become social workers, dedicating their lives to helping young men escape the streets.

There you go, Vance. :music: Just fill in the details. :P

Conner

Three people come roaring down a dirt road up to the cabin in a Lexus in the still of the night in a quiet forest--The wheels of any vehicle on a dirt road breaking twigs and sticks are going to make a hell of a rumble, even beyond any engine noise. (Trust me, I've camped in the woods near dirt roads.) So Danny would have had plenty of time to hear of arriving "guests" which he could only assume meant impending capture, and he would have fled the cabin for his life if it was at all physically possible for him to do so, no matter how sick he was. Did Dr. Marshall, Mark, and Matt check to see if the bed was still warm? Or other Sherlockian evidence of recent occupancy? No. The best way of proceeding is for Mark and Matt to return to the cabin the next morning by the light of day. It would be a great trust-building exercise for the both of them. Park Mark's car down by the log (or even out closer to the main road). Walk in. Let Matt halloo for Danny as though he's returning alone. If Danny is there, Matt can then explain Mark's presence, work to get Danny's acquiesence, and allow Mark to "arrive" to help Danny. If Danny still isn't there, then there's the option of help from the police to find him.

Here's my happy ending. Yes, Danny joins Matt at the 'home' where they both make incredible progress, to the point where they can be 'released' into the community. Not wanting to separate the boys, Mark adopts them. Mark marries and has a beautiful family. The boys go off to uni and become social workers, dedicating their lives to helping young men escape the streets.

There you go, Vance. :music: Just fill in the details. :P

Conner

I'll second Conner's happy ending, which was running through my head earlier today, except that Mark and his male partner do the adopting.

--Rigel

I would love Rigels next chapter and conclusion. I suspect we may reach a similar conclusion but knowing Vance suspect a long period of further pain and angst before we get there. It is so amazing that Vance gets these chapters out so regularly but it sure is a long time before Friday at 1800 rolls around. Pax Steve