omg! so good!

What was in the photo strip? Shall we find out in the next installment?

I still don't like Owen

Why didnt Travis and Dennis kiss again? Dennis obviously likes Travis- hes acting like a coy lovesick puppy and Travis is totally in love with Dennis.

I love Owen but this isn't about him an Aiden anymore. I am cheering for the D&T team right now. I hate to say this but this story is now my favorite. I hope Dom writes sequels for his other stories because they are all so good. I magine the possibilities a TOU sequel could bring. Or finding out what happens with the boys of DD. So good, so good. Keep up the good work and please dont make us wait long for another chapter.

I like Dennis's dad in this chapter, I don't know why, he just felt different.

I feel for Travis, but seeing as his letting Dennis in I hope those two can help each other out.

Its pretty cute what Dennis thinks about Owen's constant chatter though. And how he wasn't willing to share that with Travis.

Edited by Lychee

DAMN! :worship: I really like it this way! :devil: of all the people who were there went Travis went ballistic, only Dennis cared about Travis. I mean, all of the others are too preoccupied with trying to interrogate Travis, somehting that Dennis realize at once. He didn't wanna be near one...

Dennis was right, the little bits that Travis gave about his life were all voluntary. Kyle pretty much forced Travis to reveal about his past when Travis didn't want to.... I know Kyle meant well and all, but seriously he should know when to back out instead of keep pressuring until the glass break :thumbdown:

Soooo where do we go from here? Dennis is presently pretty much has a place in Travis' heart, if I may say that. Vice versa. To see that Travis actually asked Dennis when he was there -without anger- was very gratifying. But yea...the genie is out from the bottle so I expect to hear more about Allan in the coming chapters. Oh, & about Dennis & Travis too :wub:

cheers!

Rad

This chapter had quite a few humorous parts...like John Gordon and Travis' repartee, and Dennis' and Aiden's subtle 'showdown'... heheheh

And what's in the strip?

I imagine it's probably Travis and Allan as kids?? And I don't think Travis will be too happy when he finds out it's missing...

I wonder how D & T's 'kiss conversation' is gonna go :*) ...

Also, props to Travis! This is probably the first time Dennis has felt 'butterflies' :) .

P.S. I really hope Travis gets to sleep in the near future...

Wow.

Travis likes Dennis. And I think Dennis likes Travis too.

I wonder if Travis is going to see Allan?

Travis doesn't like his birthday at all, I can understand that. Sometimes a birthday is nothing more than a way to mark age, Especially if bad things happen on your birthday when you are young. It kinda ruins it for the rest of your life. Birthdays and Holidays, I don't like any of them.

That is all.

Hands down Traivs is now my favourite character in this story!

Wow.

Travis likes Dennis. And I think Dennis likes Travis too.

I wonder if Travis is going to see Allan?

I'm rooting TDITE all the way. Maybe Dennis has always had feelings for the same sex but because of how his family was he tried to deny himself. I mean he did used to mess around with Leo pre-Ben. And I think that Dennis helped get Ben beaten up because he was jealous, maybe he'd had feelings for Leo...

I don't think he goes to Allan because of that line in the prologue. Maybe he goes baack in the hopes of him turning up, although I have a strong feeling that we will get a visit from Allan in TLW town before the story is finished.

I don't know. I kinda think Denis was a part of Ben's beating because he was terrified and in awe of Lyle. But maybe that's just my personal hope. I'm liking him more and more these days. Still hoping for Owen and Denis but with the recent chapters I'm not opposed to Denis and Travis anymore.

Well, this chapter certainly did cement the TDITE inclinations I was already having. It definitely looks like there's going to be something there! I'm happy about this. PLUS, this way when Owen and Adien get back together they can all double date! :blink:

I like Dennis's dad in this chapter, I don't know why, he just felt different.

I think Dennis' dad poses one of the biggest challenges for both the reader (and I'm totally speculating here based on how I'd feel if I were writing him) and for Dom. John Gordon is supposed to be pretty reprehensible. He used to beat Dennis, and did all kinds of bad things to his pysche. He's not supposed to be a character that the readers "like". Yet, he is getting to be more and more of a sympathetic character, both based on how he interacts with Travis and based on the junk he's going through with his wife.

I could speculate that he had some kind of "minor conversion" after Dennis moved out, in which he realized the error of his ways (which would also account for his statement to Lyle), but while I definitely think that Dennis' departure, as well as the break up of his marriage, were certainly turning points for him. I suppose the real answer is just that, like everyone else, he has good and bad points, and he's a complicated individual.

In any case it's fascinating to see where Dom will take him next!

Its pretty cute what Dennis thinks about Owen's constant chatter though. And how he wasn't willing to share that with Travis.

It was pretty cute! :wub: However, on another note, I had a completely different thought when I read that section. In the previous section we see Aiden warming up to Travis and flirting with him. Then in this scene Owen's suggesting that Dennis bring him around so they can all "hang out". Does anyone else think this is a little suspicious given Aiden and Owen's argument about Travis in the last chapter? It looks to me like they're both playing games and using Travis as a sort of pawn in their war.

I don't know. I kinda think Denis was a part of Ben's beating because he was terrified and in awe of Lyle. But maybe that's just my personal hope. I'm liking him more and more these days.

Well, we never really found out just to what extent Dennis was involved. All we know is that he called Ben, had him come over so they could talk, and then Ben got jumped by Lyle. My interpretation is that Dennis did call Ben so they could work some stuff out, and Lyle just happened to show up with his friends and jump Ben. I don't really think Dennis was involved at all beyond just standing there froozen in fear/confusion/general mixed emotions. He probably still blames himself and feels quite guilty for not helping Ben, and arguably Ben and Leo are justified in treating Dennis the way they do for this reason, but personally I think Dennis' "crime" had to do with inaction not taking malicious action.

Just my thoughts,

Great chapter, Dom! I can't wait to read the next one!! :D

Have a fantastic day all and take care!

Kevin

I could speculate that he had some kind of "minor conversion" after Dennis moved out, in which he realized the error of his ways (which would also account for his statement to Lyle), but while I definitely think that Dennis' departure, as well as the break up of his marriage, were certainly turning points for him. I suppose the real answer is just that, like everyone else, he has good and bad points, and he's a complicated individual.

I wonder though, despite this "minor conversion", if TDITE happens, will John Gordon revert back to his old opinion of Dennis? Will it change to the worse? Or will this "minor conversion" actually be a big conversion?

Well, we never really found out just to what extent Dennis was involved. All we know is that he called Ben, had him come over so they could talk, and then Ben got jumped by Lyle. My interpretation is that Dennis did call Ben so they could work some stuff out, and Lyle just happened to show up with his friends and jump Ben. I don't really think Dennis was involved at all beyond just standing there froozen in fear/confusion/general mixed emotions. He probably still blames himself and feels quite guilty for not helping Ben, and arguably Ben and Leo are justified in treating Dennis the way they do for this reason, but personally I think Dennis' "crime" had to do with inaction not taking malicious action.

Just my thoughts,

Great chapter, Dom! I can't wait to read the next one!! :D

Have a fantastic day all and take care!

Kevin

"You did do something to Ben, didn't you?" Aiden suddenly said, and I snapped my attention towards Dennis, just in time to see the guarded look cross his face.

"Just get out of here." Dennis stated.

"What happened, Dennis?" Aiden said coldly. "Did you actually set him up? Or, maybe it just happened and you went along with it."

I watched as Dennis looked between Aiden and I nervously, his jaw twitching as if he was having trouble controlling himself at the moment. I had no doubt that if the circumstances were different, and Aiden wasn

Ok dumb thought here, but I might be on to something...

In the Prologue Kyle is tending to his fish... and recanting a tale that was fresh on his mind... a tale that he finally got the cliff notes on in Chapter 12.

In Chapter 12 Kyle even heads back to tend to his fish... almost like it was linking back to the beginning of the tale...

Could this mean that from this point on it's open season for anything? ie... Allen encounter?

Just a thought... don't know if it counts for anything though.

Loved the chapter though... great work Dom.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I am LOOVING The Travis and Dennis relationship. Dennis is beyond adorable, and we continue to go further and further into who he really is, chapter after chapter. And Travis and Dennis only get closer and open up with eachother more. It is CLEAR that they are going to be the next new couple that we will adore!