Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drsawzall

Author
  • Posts

    16,459
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drsawzall

  1. Teddy bear and trumpeting elephants aside...something's cooking... “If you're hoping I'll take one for the team, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. I'm not playing for that team either.” I thought my verbal packaging was pretty good and risked a glance at Dust with hot cheeks. He snorted a laugh before grinning broadly, his eyes sparkling. “I like that.” His words were deliberately simple, unobtrusive, but the groupie in me shrieked again and was already decorating the bathroom with scented candles. I wanted to say something, something casual like “Good, glad that’s settled", or something like that, but the trumpeting of an elephant sounded, fortunately muffled.
  2. I'm wondering how the parents got together....and thanks for sharing this...
  3. drsawzall

    Chapter 9

    More about where they are and information on who to avoid, tho we all know our boys will run into all the baddies mentioned... They are off to find/see Sinjin, the reparier of watches. Will he be able to fix Stoker's??
  4. Must of had my @weinerdog glasses on, mistook busted for busts at first glance...what in the heck was I thinking???
  5. drsawzall

    Chapter 6

    This chapter was walking the high wire, greased in lard during a tempest....if anything, the tension is palpable and hopefully diminishes before it explodes... I loved the following... I do not need to know everything, not now. You speak carefully, and I understand why. There are things the world is not always ready to hear. But I want you to know, *I* am ready. I will never turn from you. Whatever you must carry, you do not carry it alone. It is a strange thing, to be the mother of a boy who is no longer a boy. You are taller in your boots than your father ever was, and yet when I close my eyes, I see the child who brought me dandelions with his fists full of roots. I loved that boy. And I love the man he is becoming, with a tenderness deeper than I knew my heart could hold. Hold fast to the parts of yourself that feel too much. They are not burdens. They are blessings, Though others may call them weakness, they are where your truest strength lies. You will find your way. And when you do, do not be surprised if it is not a straight line, but a long bend toward truth, made up of silences and aching and sudden, fierce joy.
  6. drsawzall

    Chapter 11

    There's more than one of these in this chapter...and what phase is the moon in???
  7. Well, we know they weren't rocket scientists...and if they were...too bad...
  8. Can two kids keep a secret, then can three kids keep a secret??? That porn vid is gonna get known!!
  9. drsawzall

    Chapter 15

    I'm of two minds here. Where was Noah over this holiday break? Not even a text? I have to keep remembering, 14 for me was way too many years ago to admit to, but memories of back then remain steadily in focus..I still manage to piss off friends of those days with pithy reminders...Very few of us were rational and not thinking with the little head down below... And then, the memory of that night with Noah still gnawed at me – the lubricant, the pressure. I knew he didn’t mean to make me feel unsafe. But he had. And I couldn’t shake it. More and more lately, I was questioning if that was the type of boyfriend I really wanted, but in the end, I couldn’t dismiss the way his kisses and hugs made me feel, and that he was still maturing and would hopefully get there soon, realizing how much of a dick he had been, and then finally things would start to go smoothly between us. We just needed to get on the same page. I was willing to try. I just hoped he was, too. All in all, I didn’t think Noah was a “bad boy,” I just thought he was a “good boy” who sometimes did bad things. Or maybe I just really was that naïve. Ya think???? Then Nick's mom put it in proper perspective... “And because I’m a mom, and it’s part of my job description to meddle,” she began, “if you’re trying to choose between Noah or Jack … pick the one that makes you feel treasured. You can’t go wrong.” I'm still surprised Nick hasn't held Noah accountable for letting it be known he had tapped Nick's backside...I may be wrong, but it is abundantly clear that all Noah wants is someone to get his end wet without investing any effort in developing a relationship... Then there's Jack...What was it that Nick's mother said??? “And because I’m a mom, and it’s part of my job description to meddle,” she began, “if you’re trying to choose between Noah or Jack … pick the one that makes you feel treasured. You can’t go wrong.”
  10. drsawzall

    Slav intrat

    Oh my...a good washing up, and in my case...a quick shave, and off to the races we go!! Rory...Slav is indeed a gentle giant, but go slow!!! Ya just cain't just stuff a ginormous log into a tiny opening....like a mailbox or some such aperture....
  11. drsawzall

    Chapter 17 S3

    Rookie baseball cards are the most valuable...signed and in good condition increases the value... A Honus Wagner card from pre-1910 recently sold for over 7 million dollars... honus wagner card worth wikipedia value - Search
  12. drsawzall

    Chapter 11

    They need to find a way to stop reacting and force the others back on their heels....
  13. drsawzall

    Chapter 4

    Well...we have a budding architect looking at fancy homes and vacant land nearby....
  14. drsawzall

    Chapter 4

    I think the vacant block of land will somehow make itself known again… On the northern side of the car park there was a vacant block of land and then a small collection of maybe half a dozen elegant beach houses.
  15. drsawzall

    Chapter 3

    One can assume the mystery man was a troglodyte and a first class a-hole…..
  16. drsawzall

    Chapter 8

    Well done and looking forward to more??? This concludes the McClavic series, unless ?????
  17. drsawzall

    Chapter 8

    You wonder what the insufferable prig was up to??? And...does he have a similar watch???
  18. Good point, what is driving these changes!!
  19. drsawzall

    Chapter 7

    Fingers crossed!!! Eddie and Charles stood on the cusp of uncharted territory—years of professional trust now infused with a raw, unspoken longing. And Harry, caught between the two of them, would soon step into the steam of his own truth, where all their secret lines of attraction might finally converge.
  20. drsawzall

    Chapter 16

    MMMM....Thanksgiving...such a wonderful day!!!
  21. drsawzall

    Chapter 14

    Don't ya just love it when a suddenly appearing goddess says they can't help you and then hands you a gift!!!
  22. drsawzall

    Chapter 10

  23. Many great offerings here and still some more to add to the reading list!!
  24. drsawzall

    Chapter 7

    If @Summerabbacat found out I'd use my handy excuse and tell him I meant rap music...yea that's it...
  25. drsawzall

    Chapter 10

    That thought also twigged in the deeper recesses of my cranial cavity and somehow stuck there...a very astute observation @Summerabbacat...One other thought that comes to mind, what if Mrs Cohen is actually buried somewhere out in the back 40???
×
×
  • Create New...