Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. *moves in stealthily*
  2. There is a wide range of stories on GA.
  3. I'm there for Stanger Things, but that's about it.
  4. I once laid down to take a late day nap as I wasn't feeling well. I had taken my glasses off and tucked them in next to my stomach. When I woke up, I reflexively put them on and then spent about 5 minutes searching for them. In my sleep addled state, I thought the reason I couldn't see was because I wasn't wearing my glasses and not because it was getting dark.
  5. Take it to the ballot box.
  6. I responded to @Albert1434 but then I thought I wasn't being clear with my thoughts, so I tried to go back and edit it, but it ended up as a response to the original comment, which I erased. Moral of the story is that Cassie was sleep deprived and shouldn't use technology while in that state.
  7. Seriously. I recently had to put down a project because I was getting burnt out. I put it aside to work on something else. I don't know if I would have been able to do that if people were hoping to see more of the original project. I love it when readers are invested, but it does put some pressure on me as a writer.
  8. Not gonna lie...kind of glad I don't have this problem.
  9. I'm the Queen and I approve.
  10. Of course. No one is crazier than I.
  11. I see I failed to list. Time to step up my game.
  12. I had a coworker who was 100% convinced Abe was gay. Apparently, in one of his letters to a friend of his, he mentioned his appreciation for his...thighs. Take that as you will.
  13. That laugh though...*shudders*
  14. Oof...that's a deep level of affection right there. I can't STAND Spongebob.
  15. A fun sounding word
  16. God. I can't even remember. That's sad. I do remember being a fan of EB White's books, but not much before that.
  17. CassieQ

    Catering

    Great article. Interestingly, I had a situation where I kinda caved to what readers wanted. I had written Murder in the Woods for one of the anthologies with a major cliffhanger for an ending. Readers were in an uproar and several asked for a sequel. So I wrote a type of sequel for the next anthology. It wasn't the original story that I wanted for that anthology and honestly, I didn't love it, but thought it was passable enough. The reception was lukewarm. My ride and dies were there to comment, but only 3 commenters from the first story commented on the second, and none of the ones who asked for a sequel did. I'm not sorry that I wrote Murder in the City, but consider it a lesson learned: If I don't love it, neither will my readers. I think it's fine to have a preference, as long as that doesn't mean you expect a writer to cater to that preference. Because if it's not what the writer wants to write, it's a safe bet the reader won't enjoy it either. It shows.
  18. My coworkers can be pretty cool sometimes. The receptionist found an old plastic spider and has been playing a kind of game where she will hide it in different spots (employees only) in the clinic. Two of my coworkers told her she needed to knock it off because I am arachnophobic. She is sulking now, but the evil bit of plastic is safely ensconced in her office.
  19. Waiting for you to unwrap your present?
  20. I had too many mimosas and wine today, am I a drunken sot? If so...awesome.
  21. CassieQ

    Venting Machine

    But don't come rudely knocking when you want a new chapter of something and act like I owe it to you! Are you kidding me? Now *YOU* fucking want something, so decide to speak up??? If you want to be a silent observer, then stay silent! Fuck off! Suddenly you want me to entertain you for free just because you asked me to pop up like a genie every time you rub the lamp? PREACH!
×
×
  • Create New...