Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Happy Birthday, dugh! Hope you have an awesome day
  2. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    He quite possibly did I'm glad you liked it
  3. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Thanks so much The cocoa powder gives it a nice, rich flavor.
  4. It's a hard 'g' sound. Muh-ling-ger
  5. Oh, 804 is speaking to me...
  6. I managed to avoid hearing Baby Shark until my niece visited in October. Now I get to enjoy the earworm along with the rest of you BTW, my brother took her to the zoo and she got a little stuffed baby shark. Which I was promptly informed, complete with eyeroll, that it wasn't a baby shark, but a baby megalodon. Somehow, baby megalodon doo doo doo doo doo doesn't flow as smoothly as baby shark doo doo doo doo doo
  7. It's called YouTube.
  8. Valkyrie

    Chapter 1 Mired

    Great start! I can feel the pain of both men. I look forward to seeing what's in store for them.
  9. Arr matey, this be a perfect word for "Talk like a Pirate" Day. But since that be not till nine moons hence, I shall honor me fellow seafarin' swashbucklers now. And warn ye all to beware of the skullduggery of the devious Canadian @wildone, otherwise known as Scurvy Steve.
  10. Cool! I'm a total word nerd, so love stuff like this.
  11. I just asked my BFF. Her sisters were able to get back home as the fires have shifted. Things can change very rapidly though, so they're staying on guard.
  12. Poor Steve I hope he feels better soon.
  13. I'm relieved to hear from you and am so happy to hear things are on an upswing. Your strength and courage are commendable.
  14. Oh how awful! I'll have to get an update from my BFF about her sisters. They have to keep moving to stay away from the fires. I hope they're not with the people in the ocean. I wish I could send all the rain we've been getting here.
  15. For our upside down Tea Bat
  16. Yikes! Glad it wasn't a heavy branch
  17. Great interview! I didn't have a chance to read the story, but I'll add it to my list. It sounds hysterical. :)
  18. Have a great time! Happy New Year to you, mum, and Thistle
  19. Overall, I’d have to say 2019 was a pretty good year. Looking back, I’m amazed at everything I accomplished this year. I did a lot of work in my house, clearing out a lot of junk, organizing, and having some renovations take place. I got new windows, a new couch, had my bathroom gutted and completely remodeled (something that needed to be done for 10 years), and finished assembling 14 shelves for my model horse room, then unpacked my collection and finally have it displayed. All of this was done with lots of help from my mom and my BFF. I also accomplished a lot with my writing. I completed National Poetry Writing Month for the fourth consecutive year; wrote two anthology stories—Perseverance and Beyond the Binary; had two novellas published in Premium—A Leg to Stand On and Deal or No Deal; wrote a Halloween short—Zugrexamok; wrote a week’s worth of prompts with Cole Matthews; and wrote nine stories for Our Christmas Cookbook. I also did a lot of research and legwork for a new story. With so much work being done, I didn’t take a whole lot of time for myself, so my reward for working so hard was having my BFF come visit and help me put the finishing touches on the model horse room, and having Cole Matthews and his husband come visit for a week. Despite living in this area for the majority of my life, there are some places I’ve never done the whole “tourist” thing at. So showing them around, taking them to my favorite places, and doing the “tourist” thing was a real treat. We wrote a prompt together every day and posted them here, went to my favorite restaurants, and went on a few day excursions—including Niagara Falls and Syracuse. It was exactly what I needed after going without a break for so long. I had some lows among the highs. I was diagnosed with some chronic health problems, which motivated me to make some significant changes in my life. Those changes have resulted in positive outcomes, so I’m over the moon with that. Looking forward to next year, I plan on writing stories for both anthologies. One will be a collaboration. I also plan on participating in NaPoWriMo again. I have a full length novel plotted out and have started writing it. So while I may not end up posting a whole lot of stories next year, I will be working hard on the new story. I’m not planning on posting it until it’s complete. Fans of Igneous and A Very Wyvern Christmas will be happy with the new story. So I raise a toast to the New Year and wish all my GA friends, family, lurkers, and readers all the best 2020 has to offer!
×
×
  • Create New...