Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,232
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Happy Saturday, all.
  2. Hey, all. I'm trying, but still not over Nov 5th. To all my LGBTQ+ friends... please be aware of the brazen hate spreading again, and watch your back. Love you all.
  3. Headstall

    Chapter 9

    I don't know what to think, or who they should trust. Lots of elements in this to stir thoughts for sure. I believe they are right to be leery of the woman in black. All they can do is trust their instincts, but more and more it seems it is their destiny to be involved. Well done, Albert. Cheers!
  4. I have spots such as this in my woods. Would that I had one to lie at my side on those chill nights. Wonderful poem, Parker.
  5. Superb offering from an accomplished and talented author. Jay's story is one everyone on this site should read. Maybe you'll learn something, but I guarantee you will feel something. I repeat... superb!
      • 3
      • Love
  6. Headstall

    Chapter 2

    Mesmerizing story. I learned so much from a gorgeous trans girl I became fast 'bar' friends with. Her story had some similarities to this one in how it began for her, so you had me picturing her as I read. She was actually a host on OUT TV for a while in the early days, and it was a real dilemma for her on whether to get the reassignment surgery. Her on-again off-again boyfriend was pressuring her to do it, but she was not so sure (I advised her to not do it "for him", but only for herself if she decided it was what she wanted). We lost touch as she became so busy, but I often wonder what happened to her. There'd been a lot of tragedy in her life, and it was heartbreaking to hear about. Anyway, enough rambling. This was a sensitive, beautiful portrayal of a real-life character. You did a masterful job, Cassie. While falling for Levi was a given, I fell for Jay too. I hope many read this and gain better understanding of the broad spectrum of gender, sexuality, and humanity. Cheers!
  7. Powerful poetry, and likely relatable for way too many of us. Definitely worth a few minutes of your time. Cheers!
      • 3
      • Love
  8. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    These touched a for-now-deadened nerve for me, but you're right, the black dog, even in slumber, keeps one eye opened, ready to pounce on its favored rabbit. I think we all have our tricks to stave off depression, but no matter our success, we understand it's only a matter of time before we hear those footfalls again. Thanks for sharing these potent poems, tim. Cheers.
  9. He's too young for mead.
  10. And in Canada. Hey, Drewbear.
  11. It's scary. I'm scared.
  12. Headstall

    Chapter 8

    Another lovely, descriptive chapter, Albert. A magical time in a magical place. The scarab has revealed an exciting secret, so I believe an adventure begins. Well done, sir. Cheers!
  13. Wouldn't surprise me.
  14. Patience, Grasshopper. I had a laptop battery replaced on warranty once, not realizing it would be an aftermarket one. It was useless. Wouldn't hold a charge, so I had to pay for a proper brand one.
  15. Hello there, fellow nutbars.
  16. Happy Monday to you too, Albert.
  17. You Aussies are weird. Hey, B.
  18. Thank you, friend! I loved writing the sheriff, and knew once he entered my mind there was a story there to explore if I chose to. Their conversation was very nuanced, but revealing at the same time. That storm was one of those immersive writing experiences, and I was fully in it at the time. Thankfully, the reception was rewarding. I just reread this chapter because of your commenting, and it still ranks as one of my favorites. Appreciate your reread and commenting. It made my morning. Cheers!
  19. I know what you mean, Albert. They are dark corridors, but remembering is what we need to do, for their sakes and ours. Thanks for reading this again.
×
×
  • Create New...