Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,251
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Hey, all! My mattress was delivered this morning, three days early. I had no help (it's 107 lbs) but I managed to get it inside, unboxed, and set up. It's 14.5 inches tall, so my bed is higher than it was, but the cashmere pillowtop is awesome. I hope I like it after a night's sleep. Have a great day, my friends.
  2. I read the first one and really enjoyed it. Something different and engaging.
  3. Definitely worth a few minutes of anyone's time. Very engaging and refreshing story. Cheers!
      • 6
      • Love
  4. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    Charming and different. I loved the concept, and could see it being fuel for another story. Whoever you are, you entertained me, and I thank you. Cheers!
  5. Not yet but I intend to.
  6. I ordered a new mattress. Yeah... boring, but it's all I got. I guess I could talk about my bird disappearing again.
  7. @Mancunian Thanks again, buddy. You're the best!
  8. Headstall

    Yoga

    I hope there is more of this series too, Craig. I think the feelings that came with the intimacy... heightened ones... took David by surprise. It's understandable, and he needed to let out what he was feeling. These men have learned to talk, and that should stand them in good stead for the future. Humor makes sex better... doesn't it? Glad to hear you found it a believable episode. Thanks and cheers, my friend.
  9. Headstall

    Light Lunch

    They needed this time to adapt and get used to the idea that they are allowed to have this new love. As we get older, we see the truth easier, and games are a waste of time. So yeah, it was about giving themselves permission. They are ready to choose each other now, with no regrets, but with all their prior memories still intact and always a part of them. I love these two, and I loved writing them. Thanks for bringing back to this, Craig, and finding the hope in it that I do.
  10. Hope is what this story was all about, Craig. I wrote about these older men because I wanted to. It didn't matter if the story didn't catch on (it did)... I just needed this for myself. It gave me a boost, and it's why I wrote two more "Watcher" installments. I agree, there are a tremendous amount of 'watchers' out there. We are not alone. Thanks, buddy.
  11. There were actually two reasons why this story was titled "Dirty Pool", and you touch on one of them with your question about Carl. Kelly played an innocent, helpful, well-intentioned dirty pool, but Carl played a dirty game period, with no concern for what Duncan wanted. He's lacking any kind of moral character, and it's clear he's used to lying. He kept Duncan off balance by using their friendship, but that betrayal was beyond the pale. Duncan never loved him in a romantic way and never would. Some just can't accept reality. Kelly and Martin did take a risk, after staying out of it until it became unbearable. It was affecting their son, Noah, and that made Kelly feel he had the right to do something. I've seen first hand how dedication to work can cause a relationship to implode. If you don't have balance in a relationship, it's damn hard to avoid resentment form happening. Yeah, I think they've learned all the lessons in that regard they need to, and Danny will keep them honest. I agree... I'm all about it being better to give than receive, and nowhere is that more rewarding than in a relationship. Thanks for the support and the kind words, my friend. I must admit this was probably the easiest story for me to write... it practically wrote itself. Cheers!
  12. Hey, all! Haven't seen Henry yet today.
  13. Thanks, Craig @Mancunian.
  14. It didn't fit the original rhythm.
  15. Thank you so much, Craig! I was such a newbie when I wrote this, and it was heart wrenching for me. I'm kind of amazed it stands the test of time. Your father was gone too soon, and I'm proud this stirs your memories and appreciation for him. Writing reveals much about the author.
  16. Fi phi fo fum... I smell the Drewth of a Mexican.
  17. Yeah, he's back. He's strutting his stuff in the yard as we speak.
  18. Hello, all! My bird has gone AWOL since I mowed the lawns.
×
×
  • Create New...