Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Of course. Power bottoms hold the power.
  2. Ain't going to happen.
  3. Hi, all! Happy Wednesday!
  4. Thank you, centex, and thank you for your kindness in leaving a review. Mendacity is an authentic offering if ever there was one. The world scares me... not for me... but for the generations to come. It also angers me, and the anger is uncomfortable. I'm so glad you felt it, and that it meant something to you. Cheers!
  5. Thanks, Parker. Breathless was my balance for Mendacity. Decisions, yeah. I suppose many of us play the game of 'what if?'. There is no going back, but there is no escaping those swirls of thought either. If only.... Thanks for taking the time to digest these little offerings. Cheers!
  6. Blessings on you too, T. There certainly is the taint of madness in the world, isn't there? What an apt comment. I always try to give hope in my prose, but poetry expresses much that can't have a bow put on it. What pours out can be about beauty and love, but there can also be fear. I've lived a long time, and I've never trusted our gains. In this instance, I hate being right. Thank you, friend, for giving and sharing thought for these offerings. Cheers! G.
  7. Thank you, Chris. I ended up writing a lot of poetry for this anthology. Cheers!
  8. Absolutely it is. I feel the bleakness of the times, and despair at the slide backwards to new and dangerous horizons. Lying, back then, wasn't as commonplace as it is now. Moral compasses have gone wacky and hatred flourishes. Thanks, James. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Cheers! G.
  9. Thanks, tim. Yeah... a lifetime and then some. Cheers!
  10. Ah, I see. Awesome! Happy to hear you did enjoy them. I like to re read stories. I find I get a lot more from them the second time. Been working on new stuff, but I've slowed down.
  11. You're going to hell.
  12. And my whole body is achy. Me first.
  13. Hey, all! In the midst of my fourth cold since October 22. Never would have believed it. My grandkids are petri dishes for germs.
  14. Oh, so you have read the other two? Sorry to hear you didn't connect with them, but that's the way it works. Just ignore my recommendation in a later post. I appreciate you delving into this one, though. You take care too, and thanks for steering me towards "Awakening Land". Cheers, and be well. Gary.
  15. Thanks for reading and supporting, mdm. So happy you enjoyed it. I would ask for you to leave a Story Like/Reaction, a Story Recommendation, and a Story Review on the front story page. It only takes a few seconds, and these things stir up new interest in the story, and that would make me happy. As far as a part 2, there could possibly be another one connected in some way to Bearpaw. I enjoyed reading along with you, friend. I recommend you check out "Sidewinder" next. Cheers! Gary.
  16. Leafs won!! Series tied!!
  17. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this journey you just took me on. I started out at nineteen, buying my own first 'green' horse, one who bucked me off plenty till I realized my reins were way too long. I had no one to help me--kept him at an old farm/boarding stable for those first years. He was a 2 year old Appaloosa gelding, but really a long yearling, very bulldoggy type, and was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. We learned together, and I had him till he was over thirty. Showed him for years, even after he fractured a coffin bone. I was told to put him down by two different vets, but I wouldn't give up on him. After two years of care (much of it stall rest and hand walking), he trotted out sound one day, and we never looked back. We were almost always high point performance horse at every show we went to. Miss him still, but he got me started. Losing a horse is something I never truly get over. I think Jubal is someone most of us who went through the wars can understand. Being cautious at the right time could save your life in my day, and I had quite the journey to self acceptance. It was hard, but if it hadn't been, I wouldn't have my kids, and they are my whole world now. Bearpaw is actually part of a trilogy. The first two books are "Sidewinder", and "Larkspur: A Sidewinder Tale". Bearpaw is connected to those two books, although the characters are different. I hope you will check the first two out. I like used book stores, and I will be searching out my own copies of "The Awakening Land". Since my first western ("Finding Refuge"), I've been kind of cautious of reading other westerns because I don't want any influence, but I think I am comfortable enough with my style that it won't happen. Loved the conversation, my friend. You've had an interesting life, one I can relate to. Be well, and enjoy what's coming. Cheers... Gary....
  18. Headstall

    Seasons

    Some excellent poetry here, but it left me a little raw. Some imagery was dark, and that's not a bad thing. Your writing is effective, and Columbine is astonishing so. Giving Tree wields power for sure. Thanks for sharing these. Cheers! G
  19. Headstall

    Into the Past

    Some fantastic imagery throughout this wonderful journey. Made me remember things... and feel them. Once again, well done, kbois. Cheers! I would say you are, without a doubt, a poet.
×
×
  • Create New...