-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
I enjoyed your beginning; there is good stuff here on which to build. Looking forward to another chapter.
-
Garden Variety Dawn sun, two chairs, table lupines, iris, lilies, coffee, fruit, scones: garden breakfast with you. Four flats, big begonias; springtime border planting; dappled shade: we laugh, companions digging. Darkness, distant thunder; stillness changes, wind whips, trees change from spring green to silver: downpour. Outside our bedroom panes stems bent by driving rain; while we embrace together, deep planted.
- 14 comments
-
- 10
-
-
A great big change for Jason, and his ability to turn Marco down proves that. Corey has no idea about how that experience must have been for Jason. But the reconnection between them is a lovey thing, and you paint that beautifully. That Jason is humming happily understates the very real changes that have happened in his so heart. How can he show that to Corey? Jason may have to re-injure himself just to see Corey again.
-
Week Fifteen Thursday, December 11, 2014: I Can’t Be Gay
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Fifteen Thursday, December 11, 2014: I Can’t Be Gay
Alex's intense mom would freak out a stronger man than David. Then again, David is very likely going to freak Alex out on Monday. But this chapter moved so much in David's universe that his next few days will be emotionally fraught. How much danger is Twoey in? Mike can help us to know, but current evidence says he's still pretty safe. Danny is right, it's David who is in turmoil and danger now. Great chapter, SD. Will be checking for new chapters hourly, save us the trouble and pits the next chapter now. -
Prompt 504 You’re giving me a headache!
Parker Owens commented on Timothy M.'s story chapter in Prompt 504 You’re giving me a headache!
You do such a good job of making the prompt come naturally to the interaction and characterization. Thank you for sharing these glimpses into their lives and into your imagination. -
Such a sweet homecoming. Now the real recovery starts....my heart is warmer now.
-
How lucky Ryan is that he has a friend who will listen and then ask intelligent questions. And Ryan finally calmed down enough to answer them for himself, honestly. So good to see them back on track, and now let them grow together.
-
I am sorry for having had to take a break. But this chapter really puts Ryan in the spot. You painted Clayton's nervousness and anguish very well. Ryan feels compared, manipulated and found wanting all at once. Tough to take that, especially after his emotional high. But if he leaves, where will he find the connection he's had with Clayton? Gotta catch up on the next chapter, but this one is winner.
-
Although I know I'm awfully late, to Rob my wishes I'd relate for happy, blessed days this year, and birthday wishes full of cheer. Happy Birthday.
-
In a way, this chapter confirms the way things have been going. Twoey seems moderately content to let Erik take the lead in everything, and he still sees Erik's desire to control their movements, communications dating and sex as terribly romantic. While the others see this as smothering (a little 'off,' but not downright harmful), Twoey sees nothing but sunny skies with but a few wispy clouds. Nothing to worry about. Just as ominous is David's conclusion that someone unknown offed the dangerously crazy religious fanatics who attacked him, along with his mother and her lover, the PPF. Gary's strong hint that it doesn't pay to ask questions is additionally ominous. There are too many unanswered questions to take all those mysterious deaths at face value. Why aren't the other women who enjoyed PPF's pastoral visits dying like flies or skipping town, too? Unlike Twoey, I see towering black thunder clouds building on the horizon. Something evil is afoot. David should listen to Danny. Perhaps Danny can come up with something concrete and less cryptic in his next communication. Great chapter, Skinny. More now, please?
-
A glowing and gentle chapter to fill everyone with some contentment, radiance, and comfort. And perhaps enough to see Toph actually happy. He hasn't seen life that way in forever, so this chapter is a grand embrace, a memorable hug. Thank you for this chapter.
-
Poems For Evan and Hugh
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in Poems For Evan and Hugh
The four of these trace a tragic arc, yearning, fulfillment, dashed hopes. I feel particularly drawn to numbers two and three; the whisper that it's only love is a magnificent end to three. But I also respond to number two...a love sweet and fair to run strong fingers through my hair...utterly sensuous and evocative. The set of four is a wonderful grouping, and melancholy, too. Bravo, bravissimo, Tim! -
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment today. They are an engaging pair. There is more, but the next chapter has some very rough edges,,,,now where is that sandpaper?
-
Thank you, Tim. I am so very happy you like Fletcher and Tomas. They are both so nervous about this, so unsure. Fletcher at least is doing something in his own field, something he can share. Tomas gets the joy of discovery. Thanks for your encouraging words. now to get the next chap done.
-
I am glad they made you smile. Reading the real Thomas Aquinas is a trial for anyone; I couldn't help trying a bit of parody, if only to help Tomas through his jitters. I fear that I write so slowly that you will forget about these two; they are real to me, too, and so I must imagine them so. And that seems difficult, for some reason. Thank you for spending time with them today, even if you didn't' have to get up before dawn to do so.
-
To be called a sly fox made me smile. Tomas must have taught a course on scholasticism, and has probably read eye Aquinas than any of us will ever want or need to. But yes, it was kind of fun playing on that....thank you so much for reading this and for taking a moment to comment.
-
It was a bit of a shock to Fletcher, I'm sure. But still, he managed to call Tomas, and their friendship wasn't torn as he thought. We often imagine far worse than reality, I think. Many thanks for reading these, and for your kind thoughts.
-
I am so glad, seeing as you've made me smile so many times in the past year. Happier still you thought this delightful. You have made my Day...thank you
-
Tomas is used to scholasticism; I bet he teaches a course on it. But you seem to be right...Tomas is certainly apprehensive about what has happened and what this might lead to...Thank you for a lovely and swift review!
-
Was this a date? I asked myself this question for the thousandth time as I watched the landscape pass by in a fifty-mile-per-hour blur through the window. If so, I was on my first actual date in decades. With a man, no less. The early morning half-light tinged everything in grey. Even Fletcher's face and hands, partly illuminated by the panel lights, took on the early blue-grey cast of dawn. What was I doing here? How did this happen? Less than twelve hours ago, I'd been having a perfectly
- 24 comments
-
- 36
-
-
-
Fireflies are common at that time of year in the place where Eric is wandering. And he is truly wandering now. He almost blundered into Houghton, and truly got lucky to get a lawnmowing job and to find a kid who wouldn't ask too many questions. Eric is truly a nice kid when he doesn't feel threatened.
-
Poor Eric; the Brethren might have taken him in and cared for him. However,in the end, he would have been turned over to the police, or the courts, and a new hell would have begun, I suspect. Thank you for writing a review and leaving your comments. They are thoughtful and reflective.
-
Day 20: Is It That Easy?
Parker Owens commented on Emi GS's story chapter in Day 20: Is It That Easy?
This is a fine example of the call and response that poetry is so good at. You say it succinctly and cogently...artfully written, Emi -
Day 19: My Embarrass Filled Self Control
Parker Owens commented on Emi GS's story chapter in Day 19: My Embarrass Filled Self Control
You certainly made me understand and live with what you were feeling. What a great job you did. -
Oh, my...you've done a grand job of raising then green eyed monster...
