Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,511
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. And they lived happily ever after ... Very nice, Sir Wayne.
  2. Happy Wednesday! Just found out the dog is staying for another week until after his mom's doctor visit. We need to go over and get food for him later. That's fine. He's 13 and has so stiff joints and things but insists on jumping around. He hurts himself when he does that...we try to keep him calm. Crazy mutt. Anyway, have a good day, whatever you're doing. It's gonna be nice here today.. 40f and sunny.
  3. Happy Tuesday ... today, more dog sitting, a walk to the bank for an appointment to sign something, buying some eggs and then hopefully more writing and knitting. Have a good one, folks.
  4. Happy Monday... just looking after the hound, house, and husband.. haha an alliterative day! I've written one short story that may work for the oct antho. i hope to have something longer for that too, as well, i've started on a second part of the Scallopini'd Mayor, which some people asked me for. And the other thing is still being edited, it's me, not my editor. i suppose I should look at the rest of that too. So, all good so far. It's sunny but cold but that's why i have coats. Have a good one folks!!
  5. Happy Sunday and March 1. It's sunny here but icy cold, we are at our high of 18F. Our friend fell last night on her replaced knee and had to go to hospital. We have our fav dog here while she recovers a bit. She called and nothing is broken, just very sore. She's got food in and we'll keep the pup for a few days. Hope you are all doing okay. Happy Sunday.
  6. Baking. I love to bake. Bread is my favourite thing. Whole wheat sandwich, hamburger rolls, challah, and soon I'll be making some hot cross buns. I've made fruit cake, orange cake, chocolate, pineapple, apple spice. You name it. I bake gluten-free stuff for some family members when needed. I love fruit pie, spinach pie, pecan...whatever. Lemon squares, oatmeal bars, apple crisp, peach crisp. Much of this is low sugar and whole grain, as my husband is diabetic and loves dessert. Baking is one of my happy things to do, along with writing, and knitting.
  7. I notice he didn't have the courage to answer me. hahaha Yes, i've been Wayning for a good few years. I sorta don't want to get used to it.
  8. Why are you laughing @Wayne Gray huh? why?
  9. Aw, you guys are so good to me. lol
  10. tim considers how long he'd get for fraud.... lol 😇
  11. Ah, we have Rona here. There are Home Depots too. I've seen Lowes, but it closed.
  12. See... we're always here to provide help and support.
  13. The City of Toronto Animal Services will seize any 'livestock'.. i'd like to see them try!
  14. Yes, i can always count on you guys for help while my new killing machine is delivered. Luckily, i found this to help me...
  15. i dont know what that is.. but going by the name, they sell tractor supplies and i don't need a tractor. lol
  16. Have you seen the size of those things.. like a freaking freight train. hahaa.. MMB, yeah that's a good name, or maybe Proceeds of Divorce. hahaa
  17. Tomato soup and satisfying noises. A couple of people commented on them... Mac noticed the satisfying clunk, or snick. That was fun.
  18. Oh great, thank you. I'll run out and get some. I'm sure Costco has some..lol hahaha
  19. That's very generous, calling it a process. I suppose I'm just not too serious about it anymore. Sometimes I think I should be. I think being more 'normal' has affected my creativity in some ways. There's always something. But being alive is a more desirable outcome than the other option. Plus, my yak is being delivered today so that's exciting.
  20. Don't hit many potholes on foot.. lol. However, they are a problem, I know. As well as being Friday, it is also: I've managed to finish chapter two of my next story. I watched an interview with Stephen King and George RR Martin. Martin asked King how he writes so fast. King said, I make sure I write 6 pages per day. Martin said, "I've had a good 6 months and written three chapters." Needless to say, I am no Stephen King, George and I are similar...wondering if we have any talent or should we have been plumbers (i don't need a job, but you know what i mean). LOL. Mr. King is well-disciplined and write 6 pages no matter what. I look at the chapter and say, nah. Today i said, you will finish chapter 2. No shopping or looking at cute animals. Write. I did, and I set up an outline for chapter 3. I have no excuses. But i'm superb at making them. Eh, whatever, writing is not my job. Now, I have some shopping to do. Have a good Friday, all. 😁
  21. Orri Scarf, by Lee Meredith as knitted by me. I will make another in wool though i think...
  22. oh my aren't these just amazing.. Year of The Horse mittens by Arne & Carlos...
  23. i won't tell you how long it took me to figure out the why of this. sigh
×
×
  • Create New...