Jump to content

northie

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,782
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by northie

  1. northie

    The Web

    Excellent. Dark, threatening and gruesome without being . Thanks for this.
  2. northie

    The Tale

    Thanks, Reader! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  3. northie

    The Tale

    Yes. The sort of office where nobody cares much about anyone else. Or respects them. Was Kevin selected by chance, or because he's a loner?
  4. Wow! That's the sort of horror story I like. The one that leaves you wondering.
  5. I'm with you, Sasha. I enjoy writing scary stories, and I don't mind eating themed biscuits and such, but generally? Yeah, I don't get it either.
  6. northie

    Selfie

    I was being the tiniest bit facetious ...
  7. Great. Thanks! I'll interested to see what appears.
  8. northie

    The Tale

    Yes, indeed. You're left to ponder that. Maybe other people did complain ....
  9. northie

    The Tale

    Thanks, dugh. That's a great compliment. Who or what Claude is, I don't know. Hmm ... I'm sure that's lost me several brownie points in the horror writers' camp.
  10. northie

    The Tale

    Doesn't it just. What a strange coincidence, dugh. I spent some time editing this story earlier this evening. Weird ...
  11. northie

    The Tale

    Possibly, but as you say, nothing warrants becoming the mummy's next victim.
  12. northie

    The Tale

    The other head was apparently from a joke shop. But ...
  13. northie

    Selfie

    You are generous in your comments. Thank you. There are other horror-ish offerings in my oeuvre: Taken in hand, Young and tender. I find I have little time for standalone shorts currently.
  14. northie

    The Tale

    Thanks, Geron. I have such fun writing this kind of story. If you're interested, last year's Halloween offering is here. It's rather different ...
  15. northie

    The Tale

    Kevin O'Dowd got a shock when he arrived at the office one Monday morning. Opening the door to his shared workspace, a puke-green, mummified head sprang out in front of him, its lipless grimace making his stomach lurch. “Fucking hell!” He took a couple of steps back. The latex and plastic monstrosity retracted to the side wall, almost as if it had heard him. It remained there, bouncing ever so slightly, waiting for its next victim. “Morning, Kev.” Kevin's assistant, Julia, looked up
  16. northie

    Joining in

    Benji Usher thinks Halloween should last for a month. Not everyone wants to join in ...
  17. But Steve, who'd get the greater shock? You or me? 😱
  18. At first light has such a Shakespearean hue to it. More than usual, I can imagine an actor on stage, saying these lines. It's my favourite, though I like the others as well.
  19. northie

    A Walk in the Park

    Hmm.... Possibly not.
  20. I've just completed a month of responding to first line prompts elsewhere. None of them was a speech prompt. I wonder if @comicfan might consider an occasional variation?
  21. @Ivor Slipper Please don't forget to add your link to the appropriate topic here.
  22. northie

    A Walk in the Park

    We only met him once before, again in connection with Stuart. Both times he's been a messenger. Stuart is the character who'll be coming back. I don't somehow think he's going to be popular ...
  23. Geoff sat curled up on the sofa in Tony's house, his head turned to watch the street outside. It was Thursday morning, and instead of getting ready for work, he was watching all the other commuters start their day. It felt odd to be lounging around in his shorts and a tee. He wasn't sick, or on holiday – the only other occasions he usually missed work. At the moment, his life felt as though it was in limbo. In a place where he could neither to move back nor forwards. As he aimlessly stared at th
  24. Happy Birthday to the would-be Despot! Here's a do-it-yourself crown in place of the
  25. Thanks, @wildone and @Carlos Hazdayfor sending me in the direction of that story. It was great, as are his other shorts.
×
×
  • Create New...