Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    It was indeed fortunate for Troy that the dog walker came along. Yes, he does appear to be a very rough diamond, but hopefully justice can be achieved.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    “Troy, I’ll always love you. Surely you know that? I don’t think there is anything that could stop me loving you – not even if we were apart.” “Don’t say that!” he responded. “I can’t imagine being without you now, but…..” He tailed off and started to sob slightly once more. I ran my hands gently down his back, trying to soothe and calm him. The trouble was I was getting more and more concerned about what it was that he was so afraid to confide to me. A sudden thought flashed into my
  3. An excellent and enjoyable opening - at least I hope it's an opening? I tend to agree with @MichaelS36 about Adam lavishing everything on Rob as soon as he walks through the door, but then he has money to burn and a son who he never knew existed until a few weeks ago, so I guess it is understandable he'd tend to go overboard.
  4. They've got to get the garden reclaimed before they can get round to planting seeds CG But it seems some of the barriers Eric has built up over the years may be starting to crumble - perhaps more than just a little with vegetarian ravioli for lunch!
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Thanks for the comments, Glennish. You'll have to wait a few days to find out if this Diamond is flawed.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    "Where there's a will there's a way" goes the old saying. I've got a way to take the story forward, but whether I'll still be in your will afterwards, remains to be seen.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    I am, I am - honest! You're starting to sound like a brat
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Seems quite a few people are thinking that way, Mally. I wouldn't want to stress your frail heart, but........breathe steady until next week.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    You mean will he prove to be a rough Diamond???
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    I agree BA, whatever it is he needs to share. He's been there for Adam and now Adam needs to be there for him.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    You seem to be thinking along the same lines as Wesley Chris, so I can only give you the same answer.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    LOL - sorry about that blank section Droughtquake. Something to do with the formatting I think! Adam at that point wasn't being questioned. He'd just come into the station to hand over the 'phone. Rudigger was there and it was said that he'd have to come back to give a statement.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    I'm not sure what you are thinking Wesley, but hopefully you'll find out next week whether or not you are on the right track.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    “Yesssss!!!” I shouted as the first picture appeared on the cell phone screen, simultaneously punching the clenched fist made from my free hand into the air while jumping up and down with excitement. I looked up and down the track suddenly worried that someone might have seen or heard this mad boy behaving like an idiot, but I was totally alone apart from the frightened calls of some nearby birds who’d been suddenly scared by this outburst of noise. That first pic clearly showed Mike Daubn
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Vocal Quartet

    What! No Soul Music for 3+ months......... everything has suddenly gone flat I enjoyed eavesdropping on their dinner conversation though
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    I hadn't seen the Levi possibility, but I don't think you want an expose (can't do an accent) of what I am wearing while I write. Let's hope neither of the others apply, but I can't give any promises on either.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Hi Geemeedee. Let's see if I can try to satisfactorily deal with the problems you raised. 1. Tom is considered family, but he is not adopted, just fostered. I'd consider there is quite a difference between your own children having children as it continues your bloodline and those of an adopted child let alone a fostered one. I'm sure you'd still love such grandchildren but I reckon there would be a difference in how you view them. 2. There has been no indication that Mr C has ever spanked Troy. I thus looked on that scene as being an attempt by him to find a light hearted end to a very serious discussion. I rather doubt he could spank a 15 year old boy unless that boy either willingly submitted or was so terrified of his father (as Adam was of his real pa) that he would accept one. Adam's response that if that particular situation arose he'd take down his jeans, I thought showed Adam also looked on it as not being a serious threat. As for the swat, I'd suspect Adam hardly felt that over his jeans. Having said that, you may be right in that some kids would not respond in that way and be much more traumatised by the events which led to the running away. 3. I don't believe that at this point anyone knows for certain who attacked Troy, although they all have suspicions. It is possible the reason why Mr C was up so late may have been because he was regretting not having taken action sooner after the first attack even though the boys wanted nothing done then. Ivor
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Thanks, Glennish - glad you're enjoying. I think Adam has finally accepted that he is not the cause of the problems and that he has now found love and security with Troy and his parents. His talk with Mr C convinced him of that and then he discovered even Troy's extended family, in terms of a member of the older generation, welcomed him and his relationship with her grandson.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Thanks FOTW. As you have seen, I love them too - in my own stories!!
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Geron - just make sure you book your appointment with the right person. I understand someone in that establishment offers Brazilians
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    I'm sure Adam will come to realize that leaving would have been a big mistake and that he needs to stand with Troy. Sorry about the wait, but it won't be too long.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Enjoy the wine, Mally - but just one glass. Cheers! Yep - there has to be some retribution, doesn't there??
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    'Fraid so Wesley. Hold on tight!
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Let's hope something develops
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Yeah - I hate 'em too, unless I'm writing them! More will be coming - and thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...