Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Andrew only says 'he sort of looks familiar', so doesn't definitely recognise him as someone local. Background details of the pic aren't specified, but there could be enough there to make him think it is Cliftonville, hence his reference to 'someone from the comprehensive'.
  2. Billy thought he'd solved his problem, but it seems another one has arisen. Appreciate the comments @chris191070 and @Daddydavek.
  3. Flowering Delayed A few months ago Billy would never have considered telling an adult of his problems. Until then adults had only existed in his mind as oppressors and jailers. Admittedly at the orphanage there had been a couple of the staff who had been reasonably good natured and kind – especially to the younger boys – but in general the place had been run on very authoritarian grounds. Not speaking unless spoken to and instant obedience to any instruction were what was requ
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Part 5

    Just contemplate the abbreviations for those two - pe & pp. Need I say more?😁
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Part 5

    It was going great until the fool turned up who'd misread the invitation and instead of the party poppers brought along the party poopers.😢
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Part 5

    When writing my last reply I did try 3 or 4 alternative fonts, but still had the same result. Maybe I just didn't find the right one...
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Part 5

    🙂 I was actually referring to an 'l' rather than an 'i', but unfortunately there is no difference in the way each appear, except when using lower case i. But, I'd not want to preclude you from anything DQ.
  8. I'd always heard them referred to as 'bazookas', but must admit torpedoes does have a more navel feel.🙂
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    At least we know it won't be some time in the past! 😁 Enjoyed the initial trip - so thanks for that.
  10. LOL! - very vernacular 🙂. Let's hope George can fix what Billy sees as a major problem.
  11. Indeed he has, so hopefully he will not do anything stupid.
  12. Sort of glad you can't remember 🙂 Billy's fear is that what he has discovered could be taken away from him and he be returned to the awful place he thought he'd successfully escaped from. Understandable, but hopefully Chris & George can calm him.
  13. Such a strange dimension to come up with. I'm confident you can tell us the reason for it. 🙂
  14. Thanks, Chris. Yes, it was all looking good for Billy. He thought his life had turned the corner due to his own efforts with help from Chris & George. But now?
  15. The Buds Are Showing Both Billy and Chris had been fast asleep when George had knocked on the door and entered the bedroom, switching on the light as he did so. They'd stirred as his words had entered their sleep befuddled brains and Billy, who was usually up before Chris in order to go and do his paper round before setting off for school, had automatically pulled away from Chris on hearing George's voice. Now, he rolled onto his back and as George closed the bedroom door behind him,
  16. Ah yes, wonderful thing progress - sometimes!🙂 Billy was delivering the daily national newspapers of which there were probably about 8 back then - not that most people had more than one. There were also a couple of daily evening papers that people could have delivered. As for the local paper, that was weekly and would have been included in Billy's deliveries on the relevant day, most probably Thursday. Couple of differences between paper boys in UK & USA. They didn't collect the money for the paper, that was paid to the newsagent. Also they delivered the paper through the letter box on the front door, not tossed onto the front step.
  17. Billy getting to trust Chris is understandable, although I'm sure he would have expected that Chris would want something in return for his friendship. He just hadn't allowed for Chris being so innocent in comparison to what he had experienced. He was evidently concerned about George's intentions, but I think figured Chris might well act as his protector. Plus, initially he had nothing to hold onto apart from Chris after their chance meting on the road. Thus he decided to accept George's offer of a bed on the basis that he'd still be with Chris. I agree two cats is better than one, but that usually only works well if they are siblings.
  18. It was definitely that. 🙂
  19. I'm reasonably confident in saying that daily papers are never published in the UK on Christmas Day, but that is the only day. I have known a newsagent who didn't open or deliver on the day after (Boxing Day) which is another public holiday even though papers were published. He just considered he was entitled to have that day off work also. I have stretched that later in the story to also apply to New Year's Day.
  20. Growing Strong Billy had been wondering how he might be able to move forward his relationship with Chris. He'd introduced him to various things, all of which Chris definitely appeared to enjoy and recently kissing and stroking had become normal for them when they were in bed. In some ways Billy wasn't even sure himself if he was ready for what he thought should be the next step and if he wasn't then it was surely dead certain Chris wouldn't be...and yet... What had happened to him
  21. I think you also have to remember the time in which this story is set. Stinky soaps and colognes were not things boys from their background would have. As for Lucky, she may well have taken herself outside when necessary
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Settling In

    Four or Five I'd say.
  23. Thanks Geron. I know you are a fan of Billy.
  24. I think a lot of people would prefer one cat 😸 to two teen boys! 🙂
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Settling In

    'E'd probably be willin' - just like Barkis was. 🙂
×
×
  • Create New...