Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Bill W

Classic Author
  • Posts

    14,632
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bill W

  1. Would you be referring to George CoSTANZA from Seinfeld?
  2. Even limericks are written in witty stanzas.
  3. A well written and touching tale of an octogenarian who'd moved to new home, and then while out for a walk suddenly realized that he couldn't remember anything about his life. Of course, there are extenuating factors involved, but I won't tell you what they are because I don't want to ruin the story for you. However, it made it even more difficult for him, so what will happen now that he's lost in a big city?
      • 5
      • Like
      • Love
  4. Bill W

    Chapter 1

    This story scared the living crap out of me. I'm not to that point yet, but at 75 I wonder how long it will be until I find myself in that situation. I had an aunt, my mother's sister, who suffered from dementia, and she could barely recognize or remember the names of her own family. I pray I never get to that point, but thank you for this thoughtful and touching tale. Charlie was lucky that he ran into thoughtful and caring individuals who were willing to help him.
  5. Bill W

    Liam's story

    A biting critique of Ell's job as a moderator and a humorous. voyeuristic view into his love life. Thanks, Northie, for the for the lapses into the monotony of work and the laughter that can be created by a devious mind.
  6. If you like spooky tales, then this one's for you. It's chilling, creepy, and will make your spine tingle as you read each line, and the feeling of foreboding will engulf you as you peruse this well-written story.
  7. It's also a rifle, the Bushmaster brand, and it encompasses several different weapons, including the AR15.
  8. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Thanks, Danilo, and I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. They were smart enough to not all transition into bears at the same time, and I'm sure the shaman was thankful about that. And Pops was very fortunate that wasn't an experienced hunter shooting at him.
  9. It's sad to see a generation of men pass that have loomed so large in assisting the gay community by hosting story sites. All I can say is, R.I.P. Chuck and Mike, and thank you for all you've done for the gay community. I hope that we can find a way to continue your legacy.
  10. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Thank you, and we're not done yet. The excitement will continue.
  11. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    I totally agree, but it might lead to an interest conversation with the police if it looked like a hunter killed a naked man.
  12. Athletes often have deft footwork, and a good quarterback can throw deft passes to his receivers.
  13. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Since there are no longer any wolves on the reservation and they couldn't go very far or do very much, it wasn't as exciting. But I'm glad you enjoyed their outing as bears.
  14. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Since I've written the entire story, I can't exactly say where it's located, but they have or will be told that if a skinwalker is killed they will return to their original form. And hunters like to go to areas where other hunter might be found, so there's actually no such thing as a safe area, only a safer area.
  15. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    That's an interesting idea, that it's instinctive, and your piglets sound cute.
  16. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    I'm glad you are quttzik, and like I've always said, I decided to focus on skinwalkers and not only give you a different take on them, but on shifters as well. I'm glad you approve and are enjoy this story.
  17. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Thanks, Chris, I'm glad you found it bearable and enjoyed it.
  18. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    And as I told wienerdog, Mac is only eating what the others eat for now, so he is safe. Yes, Pops was very lucky it was a young hunter, not an experienced hunter, or things could have turned out differently. That's one of the risks they take when they transition into animals.
  19. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Not yet, because he has so much else to learn, but Mac is only eating the plants that the others eat for now, so he's safe. Thanks for worrying about him.
  20. Bill W

    Chapter 28 S1

    Thank you, Johnny. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  21. Chapter 28 – A Family of Bears I was even more antsy on Sunday morning, so the shaman had me chew on another button of peyote after breakfast, and luckily the effects had mostly worn off by the time I heard the SUV pull up outside. I wanted to bolt out of the hohrahn to greet them, but the shaman told me to wait until they came inside. Reluctantly, I did as he suggested, but I was more than ready to greet them energetically as they entered the hohrahn. Devin walked in first, so I r
  22. Chris, I was afraid of that. It's too bad that Chuck didn't arrange for someone to take over the site after him and operate it in his memory. Chuck will be deeply missed, but at least he is no longer suffering.
  23. If you like mysteries with interesting, yet flawed characters, this is a story you'll want to read. Krista sets up a compelling, yet heartbreaking, situation where everyone pulls the short straw, but it doesn't end there. She then takes you on a roller coaster ride as Jace, the main character, tries to run and hide, while at the same time trying to deal with what happened. Her descriptions of what's going on makes you feel as if you are going through it and experiencing everything for yourself. You'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't take time to read this evocative and riveting story.
      • 3
      • Love
  24. Bill W

    The Runner

    A compelling and riveting tale, but it screams for a follow up. Did Jace's mom get convicted or did enough people wake up and admit to what a bastard her husband was. I'm sure many of them felt his inhumanity and harsh superiority at one time or another, so maybe they broke and 'fessed up. What happened to Jace after Ty let him go? Did he end up getting lost in a cave or fall into a sinkhole, or did he escape the long arm of the law? And did Jace and Ty hook up again in the future, or did Ty get in trouble when Jace got caught later, after others saw the marks on Jace's wrists and knew he had been handcuffed at some point? You need to write a follow up and answer all of those questions. Now that you've taken my order, I want to go back and discuss something from the early part of the story. After Jace killed his dad, he went up to the bathroom vomited and washed his hands, and at one point he looked in the mirror and noticed his face was splattered with blood. His clothes must have been splattered with blood as well, after swinging the bloody bat around, but yet that's the way he ran away with his mother. Wasn't he thinking clearly enough to know that if someone had seen him that way they'd be curious about where all that blood came from? Wouldn't they have notified the police about what they saw and indicate they wondered what he might have done to get that bloody? That bugged me for a long time, at least until he took a shower in the ranger station and washed it off his body, but there were still the bloody clothes. Sorry, some things just stand out to me and I can't get them out of my head, but it was a terrific story and I couldn't stop reading. Thanks for sharing, Krista.
  25. My favorite nickname for a helicopter. It's also the title of a 2020 documentary and the name of a website.
×
×
  • Create New...