Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,875
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Jake recognizes something in Danny, how closely he is right, he probably isn't sure of yet. Nate honestly did not mean anything by his comment, but you have to wonder how he would really react. I think he would be shocked at first, but unlike the other two, I think in the end, he would stand by Danny. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  2. centexhairysub

    Ups and Downs

    Well, if Kathy spends the rest of her life in that state, who will be responsible for her care? Could the state take the house or Abel's money to reimburse that cost? Abel has some money for the kid's education, that is good, I guess; but what the hell, why would he even ask to see the kids after all of this? Glad the kids had a semi normal Christmas, and Skylar seems to still be around. Steven has gotten better with his stuttering, but that may never fully go away, but we can hope. Hate that the kid's are having to relive all of this for the trial, but I guess if they want to get the guilty verdict, that is what it will take.
  3. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Well, sounds like Marc has gotten his ducks in a row, with a little help from the family. Not enough that anyone could call foul, but sometimes it is nice to be family. Marc showed why he should be more interested in these meetings by how he handled the situation with the idiot that thought because he was younger, that his input would not be concise, accurate, and to the point. Marc seems to have a few people that he truly relies on, glad to see that he has people he can truly trust.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 6

    I do worry a little about the meeting with the Baronets, not that I think any would immediately challenge Greg, but I would see trouble coming. Everyone needs to be out to do this type of renovation, no one should ever have to live through something like that. At least this group understands what they don't understand and are willing to seek help; that puts them up over a lot of people in their positions. Can't wait to see what happens next, hope the meeting with the Baronets doesn't turn into a free for all.
  5. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Well, if Alex did not file a missing person report on Eric, and he obviously did not, who did? His work, his family, a friend; Alex better have one hell of a story or the law is going to eat him alive. Failure to report someone missing that went off a boat in the middle of the ocean would be a major no no. Logan is obviously attracted to Eric, and Eric might well be attracted to Logan, but Logan saved his life and anything he is feeling right now would be all messed up with how he feels about the whole situation. They certainly do not need to do anything until they have all figured out how they feel about what has happened and what the ramifications of these events are. Amanda is awesome. She also appears to have excellent taste. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  6. This was truly delicious. I hate to see it, but you sort of felt that the issue with the Manor and mothballing it was coming down the pike. At least the hang will be viewed and maybe this will be the start of something new for Vaughn. Of course, with Dante moving in, Vaughn may have all the new he can handle. I certainly hope that both Vaughn's mother and Dante's grandmother both come, would love to be there to see their faces during the preview. The visit with Heyward and Tim was interesting for as much of what wasn't said as what was. Amanda and Bill are just a delight as always. Martin and Bart are both reprobates, but lovable ones. I sense the end of this coming, and that makes me said, as I have come to view all of the characters in this story as almost amusing acquaintances that I will miss tremendously.
  7. What a great start, can't wait to see where @Mark Ponyboy Peters takes this one. The description of the guy's sort of reminded me of the group from Stand By Me, just a few years older. And you have to wonder why the old fuddy duddy's think he is gay? What did he do to get that label after just a few days in town?
  8. centexhairysub

    Godzilla

    So glad that Jays had the good sense to know that he needed professional help. He does seem to realize that he has driven everyone to the breaking point with him. Sad that the two people that he seems to care about are Jacinta, although she has always cared about him and not just as her boss, and Dave. Love how Jays went after Jim, have to wonder what all the other executives and Rich had to think about all of this. Jim was never the same after his parents died, he went off the rails, of course, his sleeping with his niece was before that, but still it got worse when he lost both his parents. Does Rich realize that Jays his is brother, I seem to remember he was sleeping with his cousin as well, or did I dream that? I do hope that Jays decides to listen to Kris, of course, he may have to get on new medication to get to that point. Kris does care about him, and I do think Jays cares about Kris, but they may need a few days apart. Sebastian is such an ass. I am glad that Claire has made a decision, and I really believe that it is the only one that she could have made. Jack was an idiot, and there just is no coming back from this. Not sure that I see her and Luke being a long-term thing, but stranger things have happened in this saga. Claire makes sense for someone that Jays would turn to, she was really there for him after the incident in Oslo. And she is levelheaded enough to make the hard decisions that might have to be made over this situation. @Mark Arbour, yes, enjoy your time away, but be back refreshed and ready to continue this story as well as George Granger; maybe the sea will inspire you...
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Honestly, probably not a good thing to piss Marc off, he can easily make sure you are not welcome on any of the stations that his family have sway over or with. Sounds like someone that thought he could have his cake and eat it too. Glad that Tom and Marc got back out, and Rachel seem like a nice addition. Jessica is interesting to me, she needs more story time. LOL.
  10. centexhairysub

    Prologue

    Nice start to the second book, looks as if Marc has been busy. Nice to see that Janek and Hugo are giving it a go.
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    WOW, sounds like Logan and Eric both had some real winners in their life. How the hell is Alex going to explain that Logan just vanished, don't you think the others on the boat or in Logan's life are going to ask questions? Eric strikes me as the kind of man that is rather easy going until crossed and then he plays to win; of course, early yet so that opinion might change. Really interesting start to this story...
  12. Really enjoyable first book in what I hope will be a long and fruitful series. The characters are what drew me into this story and what held onto me throughout. The story is interesting, sort of a western meets outer space feel, but it actually works better than you might think. I do think a some of the chapters need to be edited, not for content as much as for flow issues; and the author has a forum page, and somethings are discussed there that need to find a way into the story to help those readers that like reading the stories but will never take the time to visit the forum and get the information there. If you are a fan of this style of sci-fi, you will find this a truly enjoyable read. I feel the promise is strong with this story, that the subsequent ones will be even better.
      • 3
      • Love
  13. centexhairysub

    Chapter 22

    A delightful chapter that tied a few things up and put a few more in motion for the second book. Really enjoy how well Marc seems to plan out everything, and he is much more observant than anyone his age has a right to be, no matter the training, there is just something truly special about him. Looking forward to the next book...
  14. I am so glad that Steve is getting some speech therapy on top of the regular therapy. Stuttering can be brought on by trauma and he certainly had his share of that. Glad that Steve was comfortable talking to Nick about that, not everyone his age would have been, and to keep it level keel was well done. Then you find out they locked a five-year-old up in tool shed, probably in the heat or cold. Ugh, I swear just when you think you have heard it all. Honestly impressed the Lanny's parents, especially the mother came and apologized. Sounds like this group is finding a real support system, hope it serves them well.
  15. Love this chapter, and love Morrie, everyone's favorite gay uncle... Great tie in to one of my favorite stories, that deserves a sequel or two or three. LOL Sometimes it is easier to be open with people that are relative strangers rather than those that are close or known to you. Plus, as he stated, Morrie was being open and just easy to slip into that mode.
  16. Well, so Granger's sexual liaisons or at least the idea of those liaisons are going to cause problems that keep England and France at war, and such is the role of sex in history... I love it. Addington and Hawkesbury need Granger and Daventry more than the opposite, always better to be in that position. While Daventry will have to deal with the political, Granger will have to deal with the true power and will find himself to be tested like he has few times in his life. Cavendish is a true friend to Granger, and always will be but Granger has stood by him when others, even his own father did not. Great chapter can't wait to see what happens next.
  17. So sad it is over; but I hope that we get to see some of what these guys are up to in the future, all of them. Oh My God, the first visit to a nude beach is always sort of anticlimactic. You think everyone is going to stop, stare, and point; but in reality, no one does. Well unless you are really special. LOL So enjoyed this story and as I said hope to see more of them all in the future. You know the next even year or two will bring tremendous changes, the first year or two after secondary school going toward work or university always does.
  18. As always, thanks for the update...
  19. OMG, surviving a renovation, even a small one, and not sure what they are talking about would be a small one would totally validate that they could make it in the long run. Heyward will end up like a puff of smoke, just disappearing into the ether. I really never got a handle on him, but doubt he will totally go under or collapse, more likely would be a major reshuffle. Love the lunch with the old friends, Dante seemingly fits in well with Amanda, Bill, and Mae. Glad to see that, not always easy to bridge longstanding friendships and new partnerships. Glad that Greg and Len seem to be doing well, and the exhibition tied to them seems to be moving forward as well. I worry that Heyward might sell the pictures of Greg in a way that causes issues, but I do hope that Vaughn and Dante stay friends and become better ones with Greg and Len both. Ercole had a reason for his visit with Vaughn and Dante but was he just passing information along, or stirring the pot? One is just never sure. I am so going to miss this one when it ends...
  20. Well, hope whatever Ben has planned works out well, but yikes, I hope he doesn't just surprise Samantha up there, or he might be the one surprised. Tim and Guy are just so cute together, but they need to be a little more careful or everything might just come out in unexpected ways, and always better to do that with a plan. Great chapter can't wait to see what happens next.
  21. Sounds a lot like Adam and Megan have new best friends, or at the least true friends. The writing in this chapter was just first rate and the flow was spot on and absolutely fabulous. LOL I do think Adam is right, sometimes you just know the answer and there really is no reason to just keep delaying the answer. And I think there are people that can meet and just know that the person they are with will be the one they will spend the rest of their lives with together. While I think every man should have some sensitivity, there is something to be said for the neanderthal part of some men. Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  22. Sigh, only knew three words... Ugh, I truly despise Christmas. Thanks for the reminder.
  23. Well, it could not have happened to nicer people. I honestly had been surprised that neither of them had been attached while in jail. Prisoners really do not like those that hurt children and unless they are in a special unit or protective custody, they usually suffer some type of attack or abuse. Of course, anything that happened to these two truly is karma. Jill and Steven are angry, but they are at least processing what is going on; Nick is in total denial, and the therapist is right, that is no good and is actually harmful in the long run. The problem is that there is so much to be disturbed about, that I don't know how far they can push him. Glad that even with everything going on that Nick was able to have a few kids over and celebrate his birthday. Some small sense of normalcy. Hate to say anything that might be construed as good about her, but Kathy seemed genuinely shocked about the body, could it be possible that she did not know it was there? I know, I know, evil incarnate but still. That poor father, I am sure he was still clinging to hope even though he had to know after this long it was probably futile. Excellent chapter, but really hard to read.
  24. Why are we all assuming it was skeletal remains of an infant or fetus; perhaps it was an older person? Oh Lord, I have to stop thinking about this...
  25. Maybe the father impregnated his sister, and it was that child.
×
×
  • Create New...