centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,872 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
A truly unexpected conclusion but one that fits in ways as you look back. A new group to learn about and learn to appreciate Mithras, although not sure that I truly do myself. What does Mithras get out of the so-called deaths? Is there an energy release that benefits Mithras? The juxtaposition of the older couple coming together after all those years apart, and the younger couple just starting out is sticking. This is a story that I will have to think about for a while to decide how I truly feel about it. Well written and the character development was astounding.
-
So, the greed and corruption from the past has destroyed another ship and marooned another crew, but how will they handle the lottery?
-
Ah so even though the citizens of Earth grew and changed; the technology that they possess would damage or kill Mithas. Thad was chosen but only to be the one that acted as the instrument of Mithras, just as his grandfather was.
-
Thad's dreams and whatever it is that he is to find has to do with those that are coming ever closer...
-
Thad discovers that he isn't as alone or even the only one in his family that feels like he does. I feel that history may replay itself, and I will be honest, won't be happy if it does. I do worry about the other's that are coming.
-
I thought that Earth was destroyed but obviously some remained, took a long time to reach back out, wonder what they expect to find.
-
The community prospered and when those that came in from another that had turned their back, the numbers grew even larger. What will happen to bring it back down or will it? Life on this planet is truly like wheel, each few generations seem to pass through the same set of circumstances. What is to come.
-
Sounds like the Bennett's may be in a for a world of hurt; and this time it probably won't even be any fault of Christopher Bennett. Marc seems to be drawing closer to the twins than I expected him to, he knows his true mate is out there, does he think he can have his cake and eat it to?
-
I understand Nate's worry, but I think that Lachie is smart enough to have done something and kept it under wraps. I understand Danny's mother and he is wrong, being almost seventeen doesn't make you grown up. Small towns are horrible and great to grow up in clearly in different ways. You truly can't make a move without someone knowing, and I would not be surprised if someone saw Danny leave Jake's place early and that may well come out; but you did have that artificial feeling that because you knew everyone, you were safe and secure, not true obviously but still. Danny is moving way to fast, and, in all honesty, it is Jake that is going to have to put a stop to it. In that day and age there is just no way that they could run off together, Jake has to know that, and he needs to keep Danny grounded before he does something foolish. I do think that Nate will be okay when it comes out, there will be the initial shock, but not even sure how much of a shock it will be to him.
-
I am having a hard time understanding Ralph's fear. I mean I understand being in the closet, even though I never was, out and proud and seven or eight here. But unless you live in a totally reactionary country or I guess a total backwater in a more progressive country, the consequences for coming out just are not that extreme anymore. Yes, I know that some still get bashed, bullied, and horribly even killed; but that is rare and in Ralph's field of work, would not be a huge issue workwise. I have to believe this goes back to fear of his parent's reaction back when he was involved with Gordon. Well, I guess we will see. Nolan has been very patient, and I think will continue to be unless Ralph takes a major slide back. Love the twins, they appear to be super and love their attitude. Glad that Ralph ended up being honest with Marcus and Emil but he needs to be more honest with himself. Therapy maybe?
-
Let's hope they have many millenniums of true love and affection.
-
Can't wait.
-
September Signature Excerpt: One Hundred Forty-Five Candles by Aditus
centexhairysub commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
@Aditus always turns a good phrase and tale. -
Danny and Nate are both growing up and it sounds like maybe some of their friends just aren't yet; and honestly, nothing wrong with that. People mature at different rates and times. Danny went back to give Jake his "medicine" and check up on him. Hope he doesn't fall asleep and end up being there in the morning, that will cause issues for both of them. Jake knows that he is starting to have feelings for Danny that he probably should not, but Danny is in that heady spot of starting to understand himself and having someone that he thinks might be like him and that might like him. Very nice chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
-
Great chapter, and yes, even few schools had cameras outside in 2004; had a few in the hallways coming in and out of the school and maybe around the gym or offices or AV rooms but not outside, at least not in Texas. And a seventeen-year-old in Texas running away or disappearing a few days before their eighteenth birthday would not have raised flags unless there were obvious signs of foul play. Orion is a planner and Quinn stayed calmer than I would have expected him to. Glad the mother got arrested, served her right. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.
-
Let's hope that this drug cocktail works for Jeremy, and he is able to stabilize his moods. I am glad that he read the letter Jacinta brought and that he was willing to listen to Kris. More importantly, I am glad that he listened to Lawanda but maybe just as importantly it appears that Kris listened to Lawanda. Jeremy has to start dealing with his past and how he relates not just to his family, but others in his orbit or those in who's orbit he finds himself. And on a personal note; all you JJ/Jays/Jeremy haters can eat s&^t and die... And that was said with true love and devotion.
- 28 comments
-
- 19
-
-
-
-
-
Wonderful story with amazing characters and the writing is just so vivid and picturesque. You truly feel that you are in the places being written about and the emotions, smells, colors, all just leap from the page. Unique and interesting characters are always a hallmark of any story by @Robert Hugill, and this one has some doozies. From the money elite, to hanger-on's, to cultural visionaries, to just everyday people, this one truly had it all. They all stood on their own and yet blended splendidly. The story had a few subplots that all supported the main story and tied together in the most delicious ways. A real treat for anyone that takes a nice afternoon to enjoy some tea and crumpets and a excellent story.
-
An Exhibition and an epilogue
centexhairysub commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in An Exhibition and an epilogue
A wonderful story full of interesting characters. So many people and places that I would love to visit or visit with for an afternoon. Honestly, makes sense that Heyward just sort of went poof and was gone, no one the wiser or truly aware of what happened or why. Suki is one of those people that needs people to make her feel needed and useful, neither Vaughn nor Dante fit that description. I could see Paolo and Tony and even Ercole staying in Vaughn and Dante's orbit or they in theirs depending on how one wants to look at it. The group of friends that were there from the start plus Greg, Len, and that wonderful Donna McKee. Glad that the Estate seemed to make a go of it. Would like to have a little more about Mother and Gran but then maybe they are just happy with visits and chats. A real delight, but truly what have you done for me lately, @Robert Hugill... Bravo. -
I truly believe the greatest failing of humankind is our failure to remember the past but a close second is the greed that can never be far behind when any human is nearby.
-
Not sure that I have the faith necessary to take either part in that sacrifice, but do you ever really know if you do until that moment. Such wisdom passed from one old and wise, to one strong of heart.
-
Some was what was in the drink, but Peter truly believes, I think in some way he would have made the sacrifice without all the artifice. Ned can only see his duty and the emptiness to come, but will there be something else?
-
I don't much care for this or any God that demands a sacrifice of a life. But are they truly dead? The fact the bodies just disappear as they go over the cliff confuses the issue to me. I had to stop reading after the first couple of chapters but will try and make it through the rest. I don't know why, but this story has really bothered me. A testament to how well written it truly is.
-
Marc, Roman, and Camile are interesting together but not sure how serious any of them are about each other, I mean I know they care for each other but it doesn't seem quite locked in. I can't believe that Christopher was that idiotic, that said, it never hurts to be merciful ever so often. Surely Christopher's family took Marc at his word and would not have really asked Christopher to apologize in person, would they? Can't wait for Hugo, Janek, and Rory to be together again. And I can definitely see Marc hijacking the tablet to give a hint. Can't wait to see what happens next.
-
If only it were true...
-
Some great stories and great writers...
