Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. I really only had thoughts on two of the stories and probably way off on both, but here I come.
  2. Well, I was pretty sure it was Jason; and no matter what he says, he won't tell, unless they have a major blow up and it just slips out, you don't rat a sibling out to a parent. I do think that Samantha and Cameron had more going on, or maybe less, but there is a story there. I do hope that Ben doesn't get hurt, but then, that is part of growing up. I do hope the Samantha/Cameron deal doesn't hurt the musical any. Tim had to endure the meet the parent moment but without anything being acknowledged, and no one said or did anything stupid Nice chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  3. Well, a first brief physical encounter, the kisses while nice don't count in this area, and just a real promise of more to come and if Adam doesn't sleep downstairs sooner rather than later. Although with Kai's physical issues, although progressing nicely, not sure sleeping together would be the best thing. Does Adam move around a lot while sleeping? Will he bump Kai? Strange that neither had thought about the keys, although Kai really has not been there long. Adam being jealous was too funny, got himself all worked up over nothing. I would honestly think with a man as large as Kai, that another man would be best anyway. If he started to go down, would a woman be able to hold him up? I know women nurses that handle men fine, but in the shower with water and it being slick, just would worry about that. Kai appreciated that Adam let him drive, and I think Adam liked that Kai wanted to drive; plus arranging the shed and benches and table near the jetty will be something right up Kai's alley. You need to feel useful and that you are not a burden on someone else, that you are pulling your own weight.
  4. Unfortunately, and more often that most people want to realize, both men and women are equal opportunity abusers both sexually and otherwise. Isn't cash wonderful, makes everything easier, quicker, and more efficient; of course, the problem is not many have that just laying around, of course, a Major League pitcher would. Still wonder about the two days that Nick was in between his parent's place and where he ended up.
  5. What a delicious little tidbit this chapter was. Love how Heyward described his finding out about Verona and a few other things. He was upfront but the way someone from a certain background is, so polite and almost makes you feel guilty for every doubting their intentions, but won't you enjoy it if you take them up on it all My granny always said, don't defecate were you work, and I think that is still the best possible policy, but this might be a little wiggle room in it. Can't wait to see what happens, and I would love to see the finished product so to speak when Vaughn gets through with the hang at the manor.
  6. No bluff, I have suspicions on one or two but for the most part, totally lost... 🤪
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    What a great story. I loved Devon, he is one of the more interesting characters throughout this whole series of stories. He is smart and self aware, not always a combination you see in someone his age. The writing and pacing of this one were great. I really liked all of the characters, but Devon was just perfect. Loved the scene on boarding, it was just too funny and so well written. I sort of thought of @Mrsgnomie when reading this one, but as always, we will see.
  8. Some great stories, a clean sweep by @Mark Arbour in one category and almost another in two others. Woo Hoo...
  9. Well, since they were hidden in his room, either been or Jason perhaps? I would of thought his dad would have busted him outside, but well maybe, who knows. Really like Ben's idea of the backdrop for the musical, with the right images and or scenes, will really enhance the songs. Can't wait to see what happens next...
  10. Thanks for everyone that has helped make this a reality. I have truly enjoyed it, even if I have no idea on any of the authors. LOL
  11. So glad that Jill thought enough to call and try and keep them together, she was quick thinking. Sounds like CPS is way overburdened, but still in shock how lackadaisical that was. Here in Texas, they will have the kids literally sleeping in empty offices of the CPS to keep them out of the hands of anyone they consider undesirable, and I can assure you relative or not anyone gay is undesirable here in Texas. So glad that Brendan was willing to reach out to his brother Rich, and that he was able and willing to help with this situation. I am almost betting by Jill's reaction that there may well have been some type of sexual abuse; and the idiot parents seem to be the type that would punish Steve for his stuttering instead of trying to get him some help. Praying, while nice for those that believe, rarely fixes the problem. WOW, this is moving faster than I thought and just excellent so far.
  12. Oh, how lovely. I am so glad that Kai got to see Bea and catch up with Old Jack. What a lovely lazy Sunday that was. Glad that Kai knows not to push the walks too far yet, don't need Adam trying to get him home and hurting himself or having to call an ambulance. The visit with Jack was nice for Kai, sometimes going back to see people that you knew when you were young can be joyous, not always, but when it is just too nice. What a really special chapter.
  13. centexhairysub

    Forty

    I truly love and appreciate any author that can present the minutia of the daily life of their characters and make it seem important. And @Robert Hugill is one of the best. I love that they are both becoming more open about their relationship. I do hope that the evening with Jaz and Dan prove productive. I always lament the fact that so often we segregate ourselves and tend to have gay friends or straight friends but never mix the two.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    It can happen and often does in the gay community that the person you are closest to isn't blood or marriage but that person that seems to complete you and you them in some way that can often remain unspoken or unexplained. The relationship between these two was one such as that, no matter the distance or time, they were there for each other. Often, we can look at someone that is so good looking or attractive and think what an easy life they have because of it, but that is rarely true. When someone has those kind of looks or personality and looks, the demands on them can be overwhelming. Loved this story...
  15. Very nice story, and the characters were really interesting, the writing was good, but the story seemed a little choppy in a couple of places though. I am really impressed with how many of these stories in the secret authors contest had a sci-fi bent. Really liked how the different parts of Bryce's life seemed to interconnect with each other; of course, part of that was because of his age and the fact that impacted some of his actions simply because it limited some of what he might have done otherwise. Did not really understand why the parents concealed his age when he started university, was there a reason for that? Would really enjoy having this one continued as well.
  16. Honestly, a large percentage of the kids that attend the Catholic schools in my area are not Catholic but attend as they tend to be academically rigorous. That said, they tend to be rather strict about certain issues as you would expect, although a few are quite liberal in areas that would surprise you. Sounds like the musical is coming along well, maybe better than expected, but of course, it isn't sports so doesn't get the financial support that the sports programs would, even if they had the extra money. So, we know that Tim's father is an ass, but how big of one is the real question.
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    Well, does Grandma run the corporation? Is she the head? I need more details on this. This family does seem to care about their workers; but that only makes good business sense. Sad that too few corporations on Earth at this time do the same thing. I guess maybe Grandma and the rest of the family are starting to realize that Marc truly has different plans for his future. While he may work hand in hand with the corporation, he has no desire to run it. That doesn't mean that he couldn't if some tragedy occurred but it just isn't what he wants for himself.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Loved this, a western with a sci-fi twist. This is one that I would love to see a continuation of the story. Interesting characters and the situation was truly unique.
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    There seems to be some essence of a Mafia like parallel to Dracul. Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and can't wait for the Prince's court. Some changes are coming, and I do think that when it comes out that there is a new Baron of Pittsburg, there will be even more surprises. Seems to me that Pittsburg is a bit large for a mere Baron.
  20. Oh, I found a couple of new ones that need to be checked out...
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 13

    My hope is that both of these boys, and yes, they are boys, will take this experience and learn from it and treasure it for how special it was. They may well be lifelong friends; but in the end they were never going to be more than that. They are both getting ready for the next steps in their lives, let's hope they do stay friends and are there for each other when they can and need to be.
  22. Well, being the child's uncle should mean something; but in my experience, CPS or whatever they are called in the individual state this is taking place in; rarely does what is best for the child. They either do what is expedient and cheap; or they do what is the so-called moral decision should be, and it is actually rarely based on moral grounds or reasoning. This is a story that probably needs to be told more often and by more people, but the characters and writing in this one are gripping.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    This was a really enjoyable story in a genre that I truly enjoy and find that many don't try enough to develop. The characters were truly interesting and well developed. The story flowed really well, and the writing was first rate. This might well be my wish for the world, that something like this was truly possible. That said, I think any little green men that came near Earth would spend about two hours viewing the mess we have made and run for their lives. Agree with @Bill W that this more than some of the others almost demands a follow up.
  24. Megan and Doc seem to be moving along rather quickly. Adam and Kai at least got to know each other through their letters first to some degree. Love that Adam seems to be loosening up some, but I still think he will be a hard nut to crack when it comes to sorting out the not only the physical side of a relationship with Kai but the logistics of one as well. Although Megan and Doc were like a summer storm, sudden and violent; Adam and Kai are more like a spring shower, something truly nourishing.
  25. Ercole sounds like a delicious friend with benefit kind of person. So much energy and knows all the right people and places. Maybe bring Gran with them to visit Milan. LOL. I love these little slices of daily life; that is what really makes an interesting story and relationship to me. Those mundane moments that really are more profound than most realize, but they happen so quietly that you some miss them all together.
×
×
  • Create New...