Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,875
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Mawgrim has created a truly wonderful story with this one in his Dragonriders of Pern series. I never even thought of this material when the series started. What happens to those that are left behind. They know something monumental has happened but not what. Do they work to find out or just accept what is? Zalna was one of my favorite characters from the couple of stories preceding this one and she did not disappoint in this one either. Was exceptionally well written and truly flowed wonderfully. What did Zalna discover? Read this wonderful addition to the story and find out...
      • 5
      • Love
      • Like
  2. A great final chapter and a great story. This one was truly well written and flowed beautifully. I hope that Zalna lived many more years in the sun at Ista and had many happy times. I sort of hope that at some point; someone does find her writings and realize what a heartbreak those that left behind went through.
  3. centexhairysub

    Conclusions

    What a wonderful chapter; and to end with the joy of a birth of a new Queen. I am glad that Zalna and T'san made the decision not to try another trip. All they can do is do what they can to make sure that the weyrs are ready for when they are needed the next time. Making sure that the records are kept and updated is an important first step.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 13

    A very interesting chapter, it flowed really well. Like several others; I do wonder how Sasha will handle finding out about what others think of him. I am glad that they kicked the one subscriber that had no history; you really do need to pay attention to who wants to watch your page. Can't wait to see what you do next with this story.
  5. centexhairysub

    The Tower

    A few interesting characters and situations already developing; can't wait to see what comes next.
  6. centexhairysub

    The Long Ride

    This was truly an outstanding chapter. The tension was palpable. I was so worried about their return. I do hope that they realize now that what has occurred and they must just accept it. Zalna was right, they are interring a long interval; although they will not be there to see it.
  7. Interesting story and excellent character development; I truly cared about these characters and wanted to know what was going on with them. Storyline was something that I have seen before but there was a few new twist with this one; and the pacing was good as well. A few individual chapters seemed a little choppy, but never enough to hurt the overall flow of the story. Will be interested in seeing where the author takes us in the next book.
      • 1
      • Love
  8. centexhairysub

    Going Ahead

    A great chapter, and can't wait for them to jump that far in advance. We do know that this will be a long interval and when they are jumping to; will not have the Red star bracketed in the sites. Will this confuse them and make them think they jump incorrectly? While I understand why they are doing this; I do questions whether it is the right thing to do. I fully understand why they want to go together however.
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 12

    It is hard work shoveling snow; and most people have someone that they use regularly and that they can depend on to show up when needed. Hard to break into an area like that if no one knows you. Sorry to hear about Leo, but still don't fully trust him; so would just as soon that he stay away from the twins and even Billy. Weird that they ran into Billy's father like that; wonder who the woman was? Maybe the job with the bookkeeping will turn into something more, their mother certainly needs a break. Keep them coming, the last few chapters have been excellent.
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 4

    Why is Dante automatically attacking this this essence that he senses??? Can't wait to see how Dante handles meeting Tani, and find out that this is who is trying to help his mother; and who he needs to get permission to view and tour the fortress.
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 11

    And so it begins... I do thing that Jake is right and they have to get the cooking channel growing and that will not only hide some of this from their mother, make Sammy happier, but also make more people aware of their other channel as well. I am sure she does know about the twins; how much she knows is an open question however Usually when you do the estimated bills, they fluctuate month to month but even out at the year, some months they add extra to your bill and other months take some away. Can't wait to see what happens next...
  12. Oh, I do so worry about Zalna and T'san trying this; not so much that anyone else will find out, but what will happen if they can't return themselves? Creline was as inscrutable as you could possible expect from a MasterHarper. Loving this story; but can't wait for the next one.
  13. centexhairysub

    Epilogue

    Nice tie up before moving into the next storyline. Need to find out more about Damian and what they have done to him; and why his father allowed Anna Festus to do so.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 10

    A strange, delicious, and possible dangerous world is about to open up for these two. Loved the Sweet and Spicy name but do hope that Sammy keeps up with his cooking videos as well.
  15. What a wonderful chapter, so full of mystery, questions, and yes; even answers. I have to admit that I never thought about something like that happening when they sent the others to the other two weyrs; but it does make perfect sense. I do hope that they go see the MasterHarper. I think the further you go from an event; the less that thigs can really affect the outcome, but with the whole survival or Pern at stake, you just can't take that chance.
  16. centexhairysub

    Chapter 9

    Well, I am not sure that I trust Leo. I know he was nice at the amusement park and maybe even here at the show, but he seems a little stalkerish... I do hope that they are able to help their mother, but would prefer they were not exploited, or they do not do anything to hurt themselves.
  17. centexhairysub

    Kieran Klein

    I truly hate Anna and the Colonel or whatever rank he is now. What they did to Damien is beyond unforgivable. They should spend eternity in pain and misery...
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 8

    Glad that the suspension was only for a few days; honestly surprised that it was not an outright ban. If Billy is so terrible, and he obviously wasn't very good, why was he playing instead of Jake? I sort of feel that we may see him again in the future...
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    Wonderful chapter flowed beautifully. So, we now know that someone with a great deal of power has decided to interfere with both Tani and Dante; but is this interference meant to keep them apart of drive them together. Such an intriguing book can't wait to see what all you do with this.
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 7

    I can't decide if I think Jake is trying to help Sammy or sabotage him? They had to realize there was no way that video was getting by the censors and truly it should not have.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Oh, what a delicious start to this new story. So many details revealed but so much unknown. Can't wait to see where this one goes.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Wonderful start to a new story; I do love anything dealing with history, hope we get more of the historical backstory about the betrayal as we go along. Writing and pacing good as always, can't wait to see where you take this one.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 57

    A true gift, an update on the goings on of our favorite protagonist George Granger. Mark, we all have to thank you not just for this but the many years of joy that you have given to us all in the form of both the Bridgemont series as well as CAP. This chapter finds Granger in unusual territory, maybe for the first time in his life, he finds that he misses someone more than he knows they miss him. Because of his rank, family, and position; Granger would never have been able to stay in Russia with Tsar Alexander I, but he finds that his feelings for the man makes him desire exactly that. His continued presence there would have caused trouble on so many levels; plus, he does realize that while the Tsar enjoyed his time with him, he viewed it as fun and a time to let himself go; Granger felt so much more. Glad that Granger was able to catch Nelson before his return home; but have to wonder if he will find a warm welcome when he returns. His family and friends will undoubtedly welcome him warmly, but will the Admiralty, after all he separated from his ship. although consistent with his orders from the government, not something the navy would have taken lightly. Thank you so much for this update, Mark; and truly hope that you and your family have a wonderful Holiday and may the New Year shower you with blessings.
  24. Well, have to admit that I was already sure that Damian was going to turn out to be one of those with mental abilities. Hate that for whatever reason, his own father let them experiment on him. There truly is a special place in hell for those like his father and Anna. This must truly be devastating to Kieran.
  25. So, the secret has now claimed a causality. N'rax was a good leader and even in this he proves to be again. He knows the secret must be kept, so that no one tries what the missing did. Since he realizes that he might spill the secret without knowing; he makes the only decision he can, to go between. Zalna will be there for Morna. But know she has a burden, knowing that N'rax choose to go between rather than betray the secret. So, she too has become bound up in this as well. I guess maybe because of the season, I just felt this chapter was truly sad. Very well written, and can't wait to see how you move forward with this.
×
×
  • Create New...