Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,872
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. What a wonderful chapter, so full of laughter and love, and a little bit of teasing... Coy and Boone are sure in their relationship and Mitch and Will are as well. In a way, it is good they bought the land next to each other, as this will give cover for them all plus keep nosy parkers on the outside. The attention to details and the small tidbits of what is going on makes this story so much more enjoyable. I love the how you are able to pull nature into the story; but not just that, the description of what is the meal was spot on, could almost smell and taste it myself. Amazing as always, just so well written...
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 56

    Beyond thrilled to get an update on Granger. His relationship with the Countess was very much one of a mentor. While there is true affection there, nothing more could really come of it. Pavel was a little different, they are more on the same level and I thing a deep friendship was established. Now, George was truly in love with the Czar, I am not sure that it is the sun burning so bright kind of love, but it was true love. Am glad that Granger and Daventry are on their way home finally. I do think that George will tell Caroline and after a little discussion, they will move forward with their life without to much disruption. Granger may have a harder time dealing with the Admiralty than his wife. Is it strange that as I was reading this chapter, I wondered about how the Russians we are leaving will have families and eventually those families will face the revolution in the future. None of these characters will be there for that; but I have to hope that Granger's family will still do what they can for those in that time frame.
  3. We all understand about life; just take care of yourself and we will be here waiting on pics and needles... Thanks for letting us know...
  4. centexhairysub

    Meetings

    Great chapter, well written and flowed wonderfully. I love how so much of this chapter was the small things that happen on a daily basis around the weyr. The cleaning, the gossip, the preparations for meeting up and spending time together; even if that got put off. It is so often the little things that can add so much to a story, gives it a sense of authenticity and realism. Can't wait to see how the last chapter goes and then find out what the next story in the saga is going to deal with...
  5. WOW, how apropos with today's situation.
  6. What a truly delightful chapter; filled with looking back and looking ahead. Mitch was right, they were not ready for each other fully back then, but because of what they have gone through and realized since then, they are now. You can meet the right person but at the wrong time in your life; often it will not work, but returning to them later, you find the problems of the past have smoothed themselves out and all is good. I could smell the sage and the spruce boughs. I love the fact that your writing has such a sensory element to it. Few writers are able to use this to such a wonderful extent and in such a way to impact a story. Just so well done.
  7. centexhairysub

    Turn's End

    As a current wingsecond, why would D'gar not be in on at least the peripheral of the discussions? I realize he would not be in the forefront; but the wingseconds are the second tier of the leadership in the weyr. I found this chapter really hard to read. It took me a good twenty minutes to stop crying and sniveling to write this review. You knew D'gar would keep his word to Valli and now he had S'brin to honor as well. I am glad that he let J'rud come with him. I don't think he needed to be alone at that moment. The emotions that this chapter evoked were wide ranging and truly heartfelt. I was caught off guard when you said only two chapters remained. This story has been one of your best, I truly believe that. I do hope that you plan on continuing with your saga in the future. You are one of the few that have used the Pern tales in an effective manner when trying to create your own take on this wonderful world. Bravo...
  8. The imagery and the evocative nature of this poem was pure magic. It said all that could be said about remembering and reliving those feelings of love for someone no longer there for whatever reason... Just Beautiful.
  9. Loved this chapter; thought about it all day while traveling. I am so happy that Mitch has come to realize that he can be truly happy here in Larkspur. I hope that he and Will are able to make a life for themselves here and find out what they truly have in each other. I cannot imagine what Mitch felt like; going from believing his time was short to realizing that he still had a lot of life in him and maybe had the person he always loved to live it with him. Bravo....
  10. centexhairysub

    Speculation

    Well, any dream that everyone was being killed by thread because there were not enough or anyone to fight it would have to be terrifying; especially given they have all come through a particularly bad turn. Sometimes the way dragons don't supply information; unless directly asked can be down right annoying. This was a truly excellent chapter. It flowed from anticipation, to melancholy, to maybe even a little hopefulness right at the end. Just beautifully done, can't wait to see what happens next.
  11. WOW, how haunting...
  12. Halleluiah!!!!
  13. centexhairysub

    The Party

    Sorry, this story may have completely lost me... So completely disappointed.
  14. Well, can't wait for the party and the next week or so; not sure if it is dread or excitement that is driving the desire to see what happens next. I do think that Mama is going to create some type of problems, I could see either and attempted kidnapping or an successful one; and a rescue; or well, who knows what. Can't wait to see what happens next. I am sure that this is Freyja but can't recall any Kaarel in any Norse mythology, will have to check when I have time. I do love how you are able to pull in different aspects of mythology from different cultures to enhance your stories.
  15. Nameer made me cry. I felt so many things reading his story; he seems to need to get away from the wife as much as Shivay needs to get away from his mother... I don't think that Shivay will willingly return to his mother's home, and it is clearly her home. That said, I have a feeling of dread not just about the upcoming party but about what actions she will take to force Shivay into her narrow worldview. Just so well done...
  16. I love all mythology, that said, Norse was never as nuanced nor as robust as some of the others; that said, the Norse mythology was interesting in that the Goddesses were often on an even keel with the Gods and often bested them. This was strange because of the the patriarchal society that the Norse mythology flowed from, Freyja was a very powerful Goddess that few wanted to met in battle, although she was more skilled with those that served her near, even one on one, she was fearsome. She often defied and opposed Odin, that is one reason that I find her helping Siku to be out of character for her. But as a Vanir, Freyja knows many things that even Odin and the other Gods are unaware of; but once again, the Vanir are more closely associated with the boar as an animal not the bear or even the cat.
  17. And so it begins; or ends? I am so excited to be at this point. We do know what is coming; but you know they say the trip is half the fun... LOL. As with anything unknown, a lot of gossip and conjecture. M'ta hit on it; and D'gar is one of the few to maybe fully understand. Glad that Zalna came to visit; surprised she did not know about S'brin, but I think she can help D'gar more than most. He realizes that she has gone through the same thing, or very nearly. Truly excellent chapter, flowed wonderfully.
  18. Freyja is the only Norse Goddess that I know associated with cats; her chariot is pulled by two of them. She uses them for other purposes as well. That said the animal she is most closely associated with is Hildisvini, a boar. She is the Norse goddess of love, sex, fertility, war, beauty, gold, and seidr, art of telling the future. Freyja takes half of all the slain warriors in battle; half go to Valhalla with Odin and half go with Freyja to Sessrumnir. She is considered the most feminine of all the Norse Goddess; but still is considered a Goddess of War and is known for her cunning. I would consider her a strange choice for being involved with Siku; but can't wait to find out why you have picked her... Loved how Siku handled everything about the first day on the ship. He showed his patience and willingness to work. He also understands how dangerous a job in that environment can be. Already don't like Gandira; a gossip and tattle tell. Wonder if he was send by Shivay's mother? I do think that Shivay is going to continue to have issues until he finally stands up to his mother and whole family, not sure how easy that will be on any level however. They are so sweet together... Can you have a cub and another person that is your mate? OMG, we need answers...
  19. centexhairysub

    Working Cat

    What a great job interview; and love that Charlie is going to be working on the ship as well. Sailors are more superstitious than most other people, glad they like cats... Rats can truly be a huge problem on ships, even today, so if Charlie is a mouser, then he really could help them out. Siku has such a soft heart. I loved his first date with Shivay; but like some others, I am not sure that Mama Tiger is through having her say at all. Can't wait for the party, but I do have to wonder if the reality of it will be harder for Shivay to deal with the idea of it... Great job as usual.
  20. The first three quarters of the story was hot hot hot... Loved the time on the beach, swimming nude is wonderful, although unless you are a tiger or a bear, the water in that area would be much too cold to do so, shrinkage you know... Loved how in sync Siku and Shivay are in many ways; I do not believe they are fated to stay together but Siku needs to help Shivay learn who he is and what that means. Shivay's mother may regret her actions. I have known several men from that culture, and this is much more prevalent than most realize, especially among the higher caste. Wonderful writing and flow as always...
  21. So many emotions just poured off this page while reading it; the writing and flow of it was just damn near perfect. Mitch is trying to protect Will; but also himself, not sure which is truly hurting more right now. Mitch believes he is dying, and maybe he is, after all we all are but just at different rates. I do think you should live every moment until you can't, but when others are involved, not always the easiest thing to do. I am so surprised that Coy managed to hold his tongue as long as he did. Boone seems to understand Mitch and his situation a little better; but I think that Coy is just a tad too romantic to fully see both sides.
  22. The scene in the bar when Siku went back was just too funny and oh so well done. This is what I see every time Shivay's mother opens her mouth...
  23. So does Colt think he is strictly a top? I have a feeling that Siku could give him a ride that he might not ever forget... Still don't think I really like Colt, but as long as Siku understands what he is getting into with him; maybe it will be okay. Shivay definitely needs to get a life away from his family/mother... But having said that; I have knows several men from the upper caste in India and other countries in that area, and that is just how it is. Often any attempt to break free can honestly turn into physical violence, imagine how much more damage a tiger could do rather than just a regular mother with a spoon... Excellent chapter, keep them coming...
  24. Just call it The City, even in San Diego or Los Angles; if you say it properly, everyone will know where you are talking about.
  25. Okay, first things first... San Francisco is never ever under any circumstances San Fran; it is is San Francisco or the City. No one that has ever lived there or even visited more than once would ever under any circumstances call it San Fran. Loved everything else about this chapter. The greeting with the group of five and then the bartender is just too funny and just fabulous. And the scene in the restroom was the funniest thing I have read in I just don't know when. Really like the almost encounter with Shivay, and spot on how many of the Indian families in the US still handle things; although my experience is with the human ones, would love to meet a weretiger. Of course, Charlie approved of Shivay quickly, and would make an interesting encounter. I am not sure that I like Colt; the fact he is a hustler isn't a big deal; we all have to make a living, but his attitude is just off. I wonder if he will be foolish enough to try and charge Siku.? Can't wait for Siku's next visit to this establishment. Just so well done...
×
×
  • Create New...