Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,872
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. For him to be able to control the wights; I do think that Rodney is now one with the bear god. This is not good but perhaps he can be brought back. Loved that Rieka got taken down, just not far enough yet. Loved the interaction with Axel and Apollo and Susie. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  2. OMFG, I can't believe a chapter that started with so much promise ended like this. I do think that Stefan knew this would enrage Vincent. And I do think his ally might be tied to Stuerm; but still don't understand who it is specifically. I do hope that Shaw's last message is noticed and understood by someone. HIs sacrifice should not be in vain.
  3. centexhairysub

    Fever Dreams

    This chapter just pissed me off. Not that it was not a good plot twist; but there is always someone around trying to twist the truth, felt like a political ad...
  4. I want Mitch to get to the doctor, from the symptoms it could be something fatal, and at the time and place likely is; but it could also be a few things that would not be fatal, but perhaps just debilitating or curable. Either way, a better doctor might be able to give a more definitive answer. So Mitch also looked for Will, not surprising, but nice to have it confirmed. I actually understand Mitch more than some of the others; I think his big issue is that he already put Will through worrying about his dying and sitting there watching it and doesn't want to do it again, since he believes he is now. Wonderful chapter, flowed a lovely at that mountain stream...
  5. Great update, wish Marcus could have asked Karhu how to combat the Tuath De, but that might have been too much. Rieka is going to move everything forward that she can, hope the others start toward the village quickly.
  6. So disappointed that the initial rush to judgement about Rodney and Marcus's actions. Great idea having them ask to go and putting the tracker on them. Battle scene was so well done; and full of unexpected issues, who would have thought about preparing for locust... Apollo and his people can't be asking multiple times for these people to surrender, he could have eliminated one of the enemy but doesn't seem to realize these are extremists and you can't just ask them to surrender. Why would the fire place have not been secured; you know these creature travel through mist and that would easily travel down the chimney.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 22

    OMG, what is it with this family and buying houses and cars for others they sometimes just barely know... Love it. I really do like how well and fast Will and Johnny have bonded over their past issues. Will is right about Johnny needing to get some therapy. He will never move past what he has dealt with fully without it. Getting Stef and JP to act as judges is a great call; they are both insightful and direct in their own ways. I really admire how Will has the support of those around him when he makes a decision they just back him up, they may ask questions later; but they give him the support he needs to move forward. Just wonderful....
  8. centexhairysub

    Need: 9.3

    Not a complaint at all; we all understand life happens. Just an honest admission of excitement that another chapter had posted...
  9. centexhairysub

    Need: 9.3

    So excited to get an update; truly do love this story. The flow with this chapter was just outstanding. I do think everyone is right to question Jackie; doesn't make her wrong, but with everything that has occurred they are right to question her motives and conclusions. Casper is really coming into his own. I think it is great how he is able to even out James some and keep him on a level keel. I do think that Charlie is still alive and I do believe that it will be James that will either save him or destroy him in the end.
  10. Great chapter, these just keep getting better and better. The writing and flow are both just first rate. Hate that it was Bill and not his Papa explaining things to Bernie but he has to know what is going on and be ready for it. Do hope that Axel and his crew show up before anything to dramatic happens; and can't wait for the comebacks that Susie will deliver when he opens his mouth... Bravo...
  11. centexhairysub

    Mating Flights

    Wonderful chapter, full of so much emotion and some great times, if only they could last. Very will written and this chapter just flowed beautifully. I would think that it was really hard to lose someone at the end of a turn; you just get to believing you and those you care about have survived; then it hits like a ton of rocks... A sneak peak of the future, both D'gar and Herebeth being with the weyerlings...
  12. Oh, all hell is about to break loose. Can't wait. OMG, did not see the Apollo and Susie situation coming at all, good one....
  13. What a wonderful chapter; and I am so happy that Cyrus/Thabo got to see his parents again and find out how they felt. Wonderful that his mother is the beta now in her clan. Let's hope the next few days prove easy breezy... Flowed wonderfully, can't wait to see what happens next...
  14. Well, through Will, we have learned a bit more about Mitch's backstory. We also know more about how they were in the past when they were together. Boone and Coy were right not to say what the situation with Mitch is; that is something he will have to decide to share or not. Perseverance can be it's own form of honesty. Will is going to have to work for his chance to share what he wants to say with Mitch; and it will not be easy. But we can hope that they both get a chance to heal their wounds from the past.
  15. I truly think if Bernie had refused to say her name that nothing would have truly happened. This was a dream state and I do not believe that what occurred there other than Bernie saying her name really happened. I doubt that Rieka will be the one to actually come for Bernie but she will send others to seize him. I hope that Gary and the others are ready with some plan. Will the wolves get involved now that a young wolf shifter is involved? Great chapter, was well written and the tension and fright were first rate.
  16. centexhairysub

    Chapter 21

    Well, Johnny Falco turned out to be much more than one dimensional; not that Mark has ever really done a truly one dimensional character. We now have Patrick's version, Johnny's version; and know that neither is 100% accurate or true; the truth usually lies somewhere in between. That said, I am going to believe that it is more in Johnny's favor than not. Plus, after spending time with him; we realize that Johnny has so many more issues going on right now as well. HIs grandmother's death and dealing with the fall out of who get's her house. How his family is treating him, as well as, how the world sees him and the way the fashion industry in general treats it's models unless you are truly among the elite. Not sure how Will is going to help, but you just know that he is going to try and do something to help Johnny. He would not have gone into the details that he did unless he felt that there was more to Johnny than meets the eyes. Have to wonder if Stefan knew that Johnny Falco was going to be at Chanel's and sent Will with the note on purpose. Maybe he even but a bug in someone's ear about the tour... I love how Will described JJ and Zanie have taken on the personas of Edina and Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous. When the show was at it's zenith; I knew so many that tried to pull that off with almost no success; but I sort of bet that JJ and Zanie might give it a good go. Fabulous chapter darling, can't wait for the next one... LOL...
  17. Great chapter; and I am actually hoping that they stay apart for a while, build up some more tension. We need a little more back story from all the main characters as well, or at least the main two or three... Well written and the pacing and development have been first rate.
  18. centexhairysub

    Free Day

    Bernie may well summon the wights by thinking about them. Hate to see what is coming down in the next chapter; we can hope no one is going to be seriously hurt. I am not really sure that Bernie should ever be completely alone without any of the adult werebears around, at least within yelling distance.
  19. centexhairysub

    A Deadly Tithe

    Oh, losing the youngsters was truly a hard and bitter pill to swallow. You knew that the incompetence of that idiot would get someone killed; and since he dealt with the young ones that is who you worried about. M'nan should have never been given the responsibility of that job; it should have been more than obvious that he was not up for it. Glad that D'gar and Herebeth got back into action and preformed well. Each chapter seems to be like a death knell that we know is closing in; sometimes knowing the future makes it harder to live in the present... Truly well written...
  20. Glad that Bernie has made friends and has become comfortable enough with Gary to open up about his past and his Papa. I do think that something will happen to cause Bernie to summon Rieka before everyone is ready. At least Matthias knows what they are dealing with; if not exactly how to find them. I don't think anyone except Bernie could summon someone from the village and I doubt that Rieka would be the one to come after him when summoned. I don't know that I could blame Karhu for what has happened in the past. Throughout history we have gravitated toward religious beliefs and Gods that have called for sacrifice and bloodshed. It is easy to seek answers from others that we should find in ourselves. I think they need to get others involved. They will need someone from the wolves, panthers, and boars as well; know your enemy and how to fight them and who better than someone from there own species. Plus, get a stronger Alpha wolf than Rieka; make her submit... I hope that Bernie and the kids can be rescued; but I can foresee danger for all involved.
  21. Well, I was sure there was a past; but never even considered the thought that Will was once Mitch's deputy. Obviously, Mitch was Sheriff in a tough town at some point to get shot up that many times. Of course, Mitch must have been tough as hell to come back that many times from being shot up. Imagine that it was terrible for Will to sit by Mitch not knowing if he will survive or not; and then knowing that he would not walk away from the position. While the scenes with Coy and Boone were so sweet; the end of the chapter just made everything so sad. Mitch and Will find each other so many years later; but Mitch at the very least he is dying. I do want to see Mitch get to the doctor, but have to wonder if the fact Coy could not keep his mouth shut will make it harder to get Mitch there now...
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 55

    What a treat, truly loved this new chapter but it made me sad overall. I truly had thought that Chartley might be the ONE... I guess it truly is not to be; and I do admire the depth of feeling and loyalty that both Chartley and Batu have exhibited towards each other. Like several others, I think that India might in the end be place for them to go; or perhaps they could arrange something and end up in Tenedos. Well, we will have to see. I do think that Granger cares about the Tsar, more than even he admits to himself. But he would never be able to forsake his family for even someone like the Tsar; the bond of family and loyalty to Crown and Country is just too great. I do hope that Nelson chooses to listen to Granger, I would think that would not be any great thing or even unexpected because of their past ties. I do think the timeline that Granger is contemplating will be off, at least historically speaking. I am pretty sure that Nelson, not the fleet but Nelson, left Revel before the date that Granger plans on joining him. Wonderful chapter, can't wait to see what happens next. As always, Bravo Mark, Bravo...
  23. Well, at least Matthias knew what was causing the issues, the Wights. We can all hope that Bernie will share his dream and what is going on in them with Gary or someone else soon. They need to start preparing for what is coming. Glad that Bernie is making some friends.
  24. Talk about an entrance... Loved how Vincent realized the issue with Stacey and got her to the stadium another way. Hated what Cy did to Wagner, just as he was trying to better himself and apologize to those he had wronged. Hated the reference to Stefan; so much other stuff going on, we could almost forget about him...
  25. All the little moments of fun, joy, and just normalcy belies what is it coming. So enjoyed the visit to the mountain lake, the three of them seem to have finally make peace with each other. Makes it just that much harder...
×
×
  • Create New...