Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,872
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. I truly doubt that Zorro's wish will come true. Smith is already currying favor with those in power, and I could see him being at the tournament. Death by fire is truly a horrible way to die. A crowd can be easily led into idiocy, just look around us today.
  2. Have no doubt that a dash for power by any surviving members of Congress would be going on. Most people don't realize how much of the military structure is out of Washington. And I can promise you they are watching everyone; the militaries first thought was probably that it was from outside not something we managed to do to ourselves. Glad that someone was willing to help get some supplies to the survivors, and when Best Western gets blasted during the interview, they will have wished it was them. Have no doubt that people are total pigs. The property isn't theirs, so they expect someone else to pick up after them. If they can't clean up after themselves, then let them live in their own filth. You would have thought that watching what happened would have made anyone think twice before trying to bioengineer something with a virus, but never underestimate the stupidity of the average human. And I swear the higher up in authority they are, the less common sense they seem to have.
  3. centexhairysub

    Wedding

    This is what anyone with a lick of sense would hope their wedding day would be like. Would save a ton of money and be much less stressful all the way around. Love everyone's reaction to the paintings, a bit surprised by Val and Marina and their thoughts of perhaps getting one done. Everything went off without a hitch, no last-minute snafus and no tears and tribulations. A good mix of people and a good time had by all. Now, on to the honeymoon.
  4. Mezenga is dying or at least very ill. And he is trying to either stay alive or rejuvenate himself by the use of black magic or forbidden magic. Luka loves Devin but is terrified that if he acts on it and something happens, Devin will not be there when it is over. He would rather have Devin in his life platonically and never risk anything; then risk taking him to bed and loving him because of the fear of losing him from his life. There is a very old movie called " The Legacy " with Katherine Ross and Sam Elliot. it was from the late 70"s. I so get the similar vibe from this story as I did from that movie.
  5. Tony and Aaron seem to be moving back into each other's orbits. Honestly, sort of surprised that there have been no one else for either of them during the time they were apart. At their age, that seems to signal the depth of their feelings for each other. I still how the house/property will end up playing a pivotal role at some point. What a sad story, the woman, obviously a recluse, died and no one in her life cared enough to check on her. Then the next owner just disappeared. If there is no proof of his death, then getting a clear title form his relatives could prove more than tricky,
  6. Etienne found true comfort with Tom aboard ship, and Tom maybe more so in him. I doubt they will ever meet again, too much difference in position, and hate to say it, but the life expectancy of a English sailor of that time was not great. Henry thought his position gave him cover, but he found it did not. But I am sure that Henry knows and blames Etienne, and he will always be his enemy.
  7. Okay, we need a little background on the players here and what the war was or is about. Zorro seems torn, not sure which way to move or how to act. Let's hope he picks the right direction. Dominance is not always about size, depending on the situation, many things can determine who the dominate individual is.
  8. Woo Hoo, another seven for seven on the words for the week. Want to take a moment to hope that anyone that hasn't read the 2025 Poetry Anthology take a little bit and do so: some truly remarkable offerings from some talented writers.
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 40

    Why would this corporation risk everything to go after an entity that they know has superior resources. Unless, of course, they are being back or encouraged by a group that they believe will prove to have equal resources. Marc will do what is needed to protect Adam, the children, the House, and the family. All hell is literally about to break out.
  10. A daring start to the story, will be interesting to see what comes next.
  11. Whenever one begins to talk about them and us with such surety; and then goes on to indicate that they are just following orders, my stomach turns.
  12. Well, at least Mary Louise isn't a totally lost cause. She knew she could not take care of Larry and had enough decency to take him to where he would be safe. I am guessing that Larry must have had some type of cancer to survive. Glad that somehow the mountains blocked the pathogen from spreading west but seems like the east coast and southern states were decimated. We still don't know how long the pathogen will stay active where it spread, that will give an idea of how long the areas that are decimated will be generally uninhabitable. If the pathogen is still active and someone with cancer came into the area, would they be healed?
  13. centexhairysub

    Hospital

    While it has never been the popular choice, Jeremy/JJ has always been my favorite of his generation. Only Wade and Matt have ever come close to him in my estimation. I can enjoy Will and the others, but they have never resonated with me like Jeremy has. I have argued and fought Sharon, @sat8997, and that damn yellow bus she seems to love to drive to uphold Jeremy in front of all. Jeremy is the strongest of his generation; only perhaps Wade can say they have survived anything close to what Jeremy has gone through. The fact that with counseling and medication Jeremy is even alive and functional is a testament to his strength of will. And when you look at what he has accomplished in both the athletic arena and now in fashion and how far he seems destined to go there, that core reserve of nerves, perseverance, and will is damn near unmatched. Yes, he has family money and family support, to a degree, but his internal strength is what got him through this intact, no one no matter the level of external support survives if they aren't strong enough to do so on their own in the end. Much like Ginger Rogers, who did everything that Fred Astaire did only better, backwards, and in high heels; Jeremy will never be able to measure up to Will, Darius, Matt, or Wade. The family views Jeremy as fragile, temperamental, and bitchy to some extent because he doesn't meet their idea of manliness. Now, don't get me wrong, Jeremy can be a diva and bitchy; but sing it Miss Gloria, if you survive all that he has; you get to be both and proudly. In reality, many that have not gone through as much as Jeremy don't survive, both drugs, alcohol, or suicide take far too many. But Jeremy has survived and long may his fabulousness reign.
  14. I can honestly say that I have never been an angel, being naughty was always too much fun; that said, I have never understood anyone that did something with a child. I honestly don't think killing someone is as bad as the destruction on innocence that occurs when a child is abuse, in any way really but especially sexually. I am glad that Dustin senses the spark that is still within Kellen. If it is there, perhaps it can be nurtured and made to grow. Exceedingly well written and flowed beautifully, although the horror is just on the edges, it permeates every line.
  15. centexhairysub

    Chapter 39

    Marc and Adam have so much love to give, and it grows as their family does. With both families so large, I understand the desire to manage the visits. Marc will find a way the help the Havenites. Someone trying to play God, well they better hope there is one when Marc finds out who was behind this atrocity. Well, we know what the triad was up to, can't wait for them to have kids, Excellent chapter.
  16. centexhairysub

    Date Night

    Well, Gray's plan for Vince and Peter has started out with a bang, and let's hope it ends up going gangbusters. Freddie got the surprise of his young life, but while a little shocked seems to be handling this rather well. Maybe he will talk to Gray more on their night out with Matt, hope they all get along and enjoy the music and scene. Peter seems a good match for Vince, can't wait to see where it leads.
  17. centexhairysub

    Hospital

    I can't see Travis's mother doing this at all, I think that Travis is the one that Miranda actually cares about the most. Not sure that Big would be willing to take on the Crampton/Schulter clans, especially with his reduced funds to go toe to toe with them. Taylor might be willing to do something like this; but would she honestly know how to arrange it? And does she have the resources to fund something like this that was so open ended seemingly? I think the culprit will not be one of these three, but of course, I could be wrong, I just don't think so.
  18. centexhairysub

    Hospital

    Well, I think that Jeremy has changed, not that I ever thought he was all in the wrong in the first place. I think Jeremy has always cared about Will and those that he truly cared about; but I think that after Robbie and Jeanine died on 9/11, Jeremy got a harder shell, and it made it harder for him to care about others for fear of being hurt again. Glad that Thor and Finn had a connection, and maybe not just physical. Thor may turn out to truly be one of the good guys, I hope so. Will is willing to do whatever to protect Will, even make sure what Brad and Jake are up to is not going to cause more issues. I love how Jake and Brad seem to occasionally think that they can silence or even put something over on Will. Have to wonder who is behind the Serbian mob being after Travis. You know someone paid them, but was it to get Travis or could it be to distract the family while something else is going on; wouldn't be the first time that someone has come at the Crampton/Schulter clans via someone else. Jeremy will make sure the condo is secure and comfortable for Travis and that he will have everything that he could need. Wonderful story and amazed as always how much this family truly cares about each other when the chips are down.
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Not of Generation X but found the first poem very relatable. Poem two is just amazing. The sense of pad and despondency giving way to possibilities was just so powerful.
  20. Simply beautifully written and so timely and true. If you label something, even incorrectly, you can put it in a box and praise or demonize it you your hearts content.
  21. Well, let's hope there is no roving pack of rottweilers protecting the property. LOL. Tony will have to deal with Mike and more importantly at the moment, Jess. I hope none of this causes any issues with Aaron. Tony needs to tell him where he is going and at least some of what is going on, don't want Aaron to feel that Tony is running off again. I wonder if anyone will be at the house? Who owns it, and what is their connection to someone in the group? Or will Tony end up owning it? So many delicious ways to start the next chapter.
  22. Thank you.
  23. Well, like a bad penny, I suspect that Mary-Louise will show up again. How far has the pathogen spread, will it continue too multiple, can it transverse an ocean? Dr. Allen seems more than a little full of himself. And I mean, why worry about them going to the authorities, how many of them are actually left? How long do those from the CDC in the hazmat suits have to stay in them? What is the life expectancy of the pathogen? So many questions.
  24. Can't wait to get to these.
×
×
  • Create New...