Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Walls - 22. March 2016

Spring break at George Mason Law School, Sidwell Friends School, and School Without Walls High School fell on different weeks in March. It meant CJ would not be taking any long trips with his boyfriend or brother this year. The law school’s vacation was first and Owen ended up spending a lot of time with Brett.

“Thanks for inviting me, Captain.” Owen retrieved the ticket Brett handed him before they left Georgetown and held it out for the Verizon Center’s attendant to scan.

“My pleasure, dude. It’s kinda fun to play hooky on a Tuesday afternoon.” The two men were at the sports arena for the opening round of the Atlantic Coast Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament.

“How come you and César bought tickets for this? Neither one of the schools you guys went to is playing.”

“We like to do different things. The concerts and plays are okay but I’d rather watch a sporting match anytime. We enjoy supporting events like this. They’re good for the DC economy if nothing else. And since CJ’s a fan of the University of Miamieven if he’s decided against going therewe thought he’d enjoy watching them play live.”

“I still can’t believe he’s going to stay in town and go to the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown. I was sure he’d want to study architecture. He kept talking of UM or Yale as possibilities.”

Brett pointed towards one of the concession stands. “It’s a little early, but let’s get a beer before we go find our seats. César and I were a bit surprised too. But hell if we aren’t happy with him staying in town. So thank you!”

“You’re welcome. But I’m not sure I know what you’re thanking me for.”

“He’s staying in Washington because of you. You and Ritchie. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to and we would have supported him. But he chose Georgetown so he wouldn’t have to be away from the two of you.”

“Well, maybe I had a little to do with it. But I don’t think he wanted to leave you and César either.”

“What about you, Ozzie? What do you want to do next year after you graduate? I know it’s a long way off, but you haven’t talked much about what you’d like to do.”

Owen looked at the floor before replying. He was hesitant since he had not discussed his thoughts with anyone else yet. “I… I need to talk to my parents sometime soon. But I’m considering staying in school another year.”

“So you wouldn’t graduate until what? Twenty-eighteen?”

“No, no, I’d still graduate next year. But then I’d do a year of post-doctoral studies. After last year’s part-time summer internship at the Nature Conservancy, they invited me back for this year. I’ll be working full-time as soon as classes are over. I’d love to end up with them after graduation.”

“Sounds to me like you’re on your way. I mean, if they asked you back it means they like you.”

“But I’m not an American citizen. If I want to stay in the US after I’m done with school, I need a different visa. The easiest way would be for an employer to sponsor me.”

“Have you talked to anyone at the Conservancy? Would they do something like that?”

Owen glanced around the arena while sipping his beer. Players for Florida State University and Boston College were on the court warming up but over half the seats were empty. “I don’t think there’s going to be a big crowd in here today. Anyway, I haven’t talked to anyone yet. I need to get my parents’ approval to stay in school for another year and then I’ll start thinking about a job.”

“After you discuss it with your parents, talk to us. We know enough people we may be able to help. Hell, you don’t even need us. Your boyfriend has enough movers and shakers wrapped around his finger. If he can’t find one to help you, nobody can.”

“I know, right?” Owen’s soft chuckles matched Brett’s. “It’s so disconcerting to watch him on TV the times he’s been interviewed as a Clinton supporter. My sister told me she wasn’t surprised when we e-mailed back and forth. She claims she knew when she spent time with us last year. According to Liz, the way CJ deals with people, no matter the age or anything else, makes him a perfect candidate for office.”

“Don’t you start with that shit too! He has enough people telling him he can run for office already. And it scares the crap out of me.”

“Why? I’d think you’d be proud of him.”

“I am. We are. But César and I worry. We have a feeling his appearances on TV and elsewhere will increase as the presidential campaign heats up. And that’s scary. What if some nut decides to go after him for being gay? Or for being Hispanic. I mean, the rhetoric hasn’t been friendly towards those who are different than the majority the past few months. Last year, César was mugged after someone stalked us and decided he'd be an easy target. That’s fresh enough on our minds. And we worry about CJ being caught up in a similar situation.”

“CJ can defend himself, Captain. Don’t forget that. And if you asked him to back off, he would. Maybe you can suggest he not to do any more TV?”

“Nah, we could never do that. We’ve encouraged him to stand up for what he believes in. To speak out and take action on behalf of others. To work for the common good. How would it look if we now told him to be scared? To back off? Bastard would probably laugh at us!” Brett’s head shaking reflected his conflict.

“I think you’re right. We talked about his interviews. He wanted to know how I felt about it. And how I felt about the fact sooner or later my name would come up.”

“That has to be a concern. I mean, if you’re identified as his boyfriend it means you’re out for good.”

“That doesn’t bother me. I told him so. Maybe it would have at one point. But, after spending time with all of you, I’d be fine if the world finds out I’m gay. He needs to do what he thinks is right and forget about what anybody else thinks. His attitude is one of the things I love about him. And it’s why I’m so proud of him when he takes a stand.”

Tank turned around when CJ tapped him on the shoulder. “Owen! CJ! Damn, it’s good to see you guys.” He placed his beer on the bar top and hugged his friends.

“Stop feeling up my boyfriend, mate. I’m the jealous type.” Owen slapped the muscular rugger on the back while trying to look serious.

“Hey! Maybe I like him feeling me up, you know?” CJ took a step back while smirking and glanced around the room. Although he tried to attend as many of the Washington Scandals Rugby Football Club’s matches as he could, it was rare for him to socialize with the guys away from the pitch. Most of their gatherings were at bars and with CJ being underage, he’d begged off in the past when invited to go out drinking with them.

“Bro, you’re such a fucking tease. I know how the two of you are about each other. And I know my chances of bedding either one of you are nil to none. So skip it. Let me buy you guys a drink. What do you want?” Tank motioned for the bartender and then pointed at the new arrivals.

“Bacardi and coke for me. What about you, CJ?” Owen had dragged his boyfriend out this evening, reminding him the ID Sean had procured for him had passed muster in Chicago. He added he thought the same would happen at Uproarthe bar the Scandals were gathering at for a meet and greet.

“Dos Equis Amber for me.”

Owen lowered his voice so only CJ and Tank could hear him. “Mate, I think it’s funny you’re ordering what your dad always does. And I go and ask for what your grandfather drinks all the time.”

“Speaking of your dads...” Tank reached in his pocket and withdrew several bills he handed the server. “This round’s on me. One of you can get the next one. So, have you asked about May?”

“Thanks, Tank.” Owen grinned. “Maybe we’ll get CJ drunk tonight.”

“Ummm, I haven’t brought it up yet. We have time.” CJ raised his bottle to clink with Tank’s and Owen’s cocktail glass before taking a big gulp. “I wanna make sure I do it when they’re both in a good mood. And, Ozzie, if you get me drunk you may not get any tonight.”

Owen’s chuckling attracted the attention of some of the other guys who stared at the threesome for a moment. “Mate, really? No way you’ll hold out on me. And how can you even think the dads would say no?”

“Yeah, CJ. From the short time I’ve spent with them, I don’t think they’d give you a hard time. You’re old enough anyway. You’re an adult.” Tank rested his elbows against the edge of the bar and leaned back against it.

“Yeah, I might be an adult and all that, but I still live at home. I’m pretty sure it’ll be okay. But it’s still taking days off from school right before the end of the semester. Plus, I’d have to let the campaign know I won’t be available during that time.”

“Why bother? Robbie Mook thinks you walk on water. He’ll be fine with whatever you want to do. And the damn candidate thinks so much of you she sends you a birthday present. What do you think he’ll say if you tell him you’re not available for a few days?” Owen finished his drink and motioned for another round.

“Easy with the booze, Ozzie. I really don’t need to get drunk.” CJ raised his bottle, looked at what was left, and chugged it.

“And why not? You’ve been so wound up you could use a good drunk to help you relax.”

“I know, I know. Sorry. It’s just that between school, the Gay Straight Alliance, the dojo, and all the reading I’ve been doing for the campaign, there’s not enough hours in the day. At least not to have a lot of goof-off time.”

Tank winked at Owen and saluted his drinking companions with the new beer bottle. “Sounds to me as if you’re trying to please everybody except yourself, buddy. Why can’t you do what you do here over there?”

“You mean for the political stuff? Yeah… I guess… Maybe if they need me that week they could set up a remote. See, Tank, the problem’s I told them I didn’t want to do a lot before graduation because of school. If I tell them I’m blowing off a week to go fuck around with the two of you

“So tell those people you’re taking time off from school and you’ll be able to do something for them if they want. Just not from Washington. You’d be more available during a time when they wouldn’t be thinking you’d have the time.”

“Okay, enough already!” CJ chuckled, thinking Owen and Tank were not going to let up no matter how many barriers he erected. “I’ll e-mail Brooklyn tomorrow and I’ll ask the dads sometime soon.”

“You know something, guys?” Tank rested his beer on the bar and threw an arm around each of his friends. “I’m sure glad I hooked up with you. I mentioned you both to my parents and they couldn’t believe what I told them concerning CJ.”

CJ was confused. “What do you mean? What’d you tell them?”

“Oh, I called them after our weekend in New York. I mentioned how people knew you everywhere we went. About you slipping off to Brooklyn for a meeting at Clinton headquarters. About you knowing so many famous people I’ve heard about. Hell, you and your little brother are the only ones I know who’ve been to the White House. And about you being on the ballot here in DC in June. They wanted to know if you were going to be Washington’s next mayor!”

“Nah, mate. My boyfriend won’t be running for mayor. As soon as he’s old enough he’ll be running for President. And when he gets elected, we’ll invite you over to the White House.”

CJ shook his head and punched his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Shut it, Ozzie. Don’t be making plans for me. I have at least four years of college ahead of me first. That’s what I need to concentrate on.”

“With three candidates left in the Republican Party field, can anyone stop the Trump juggernaut? Our next panel will discuss the possibility when we return from our break.” The image on the monitor flashed the MSNBC logo and went to commercials. “CJ, are you still with us?”

“Yes, sir.” CJ was about to remove the earpiece when Thomas Roberts spoke.

“Cut the sir crap. It’s Thomas. When will you be in New York next?”

“I’m not sure. My boyfriend and I may go up mid-June after classes are over.”

“Perfect! By then my husband and I will have opened up the Fire Island house for the summer. I have your e-mail address. We’ll send you a message and let’s plan on getting together when you guys come up. If we do it right, maybe you and your boyfriend can come spend a day or two with us at our place in The Pines.”

After CJ was done speaking with the reporter, a technician helped him remove the microphone from his lapel and the transmitter attached to the back of his belt. CJ motioned for Patrick to follow him while he exited the microscopic stage in the network’s Nebraska Avenue studio in Washington. “Hey! What the hell are you doing?”

Patrick giggled while sliding the phone back into his pants’ pocket. “Oh, I just wanted a picture of you with all that make-up on. You look funny as shit.”

“Asshole! You better not be sharing that picture on social media, Kennedy. I hate this stuff whenever I have to wear it while doing interviews. Let me clean it off and we’ll head out. Okay?”

“Take your time. I don’t have anything planned today.” Patrick stared around the studio while CJ stood in front of a mirror cleaning his face.

Classes had ended on Friday and CJ had agreed to do some appearances on behalf of the Clinton campaign during spring break. With Owen and Ritchie in school, he’d asked Bradley and Patrick if they wanted to go with him to the network’s Washington studio on Monday morning. Bradley had lacrosse practice every morning but Patrick jumped at the chance of seeing what he called, “the magic of TV in action.”

“Since you have nothing else to do, you want to run some errands with me? Or would you like me to drop you off at home instead?” CJ had removed his silk necktie and stuck it inside a pocket, and unbuttoned his shirt’s collar before removing the makeup.

“I’ll hang with you, if that’s cool. Where are you headed to next?”

“Neiman Marcus. I need to buy some new clothes so I made an appointment with Yousef.” The two walked outside and climbed aboard the Jeep.

“You made an appointment to buy clothes?” Patrick’s surprise made CJ chuckle.

“I know. Weird, right? But I need stuff that requires a tailor so I wanted to make sure the guy I like was there when I went in.”

“Is this Yousef guy Mr. Rupple’s husband? I think I’ve met him before.” James Rupple was the Walls’ English teacher who also served as the faculty advisor for the school’s Gay Straight Alliance.

“Yeah, that’s him. Real nice guy.” CJ steered Defiant towards Wisconsin Avenue and turned north at the intersection; the Neiman Marcus store was a ten minute drive away.

“How come you shop here instead of Brooks Brothers? Isn’t that where Uncle César goes all the time?”

“It is. And I do have clothes from there too. But Brooks Brothers’ a bit too conservative at times. I like more modern stuff.”

“You mean like t-shirts and shorts?” There was a hint of teasing in Patrick’s comment.

“Yeah, smart ass. I do prefer wearing tees and shorts but that won’t fly when I’m on TV. And from what Robbie Mook’s told me, I’ll be doing quite a few interviews and appearances this summer.”

“So you’re definitely supporting Clinton? You’re gonna be working on her campaign all summer? Brad says he likes Trump. Says he’ll kick Muslim ass if he gets elected.”

“Your brother’s a pain in my ass. You know that? I’m gonna spend the time between now and the election trying to educate him. And anyway, Secretary Clinton’s probably more of a hawk than The Donald. That woman has balls!”

The man was shorter than his two customers but the muscular body could be discerned beneath the tailored suit he wore. His salt and pepper hair was as usual cut close to the scalp and his face was freshly shaven―a different look from the scruff he sported while not at work.

“Good morning, Yousef. Are you ready for me?” CJ shook the proffered hand.

“Welcome back, CJ.” Yousef released CJ’s hand and turned to Patrick to shake his. “You look familiar. Are you one of my husband’s students also?”

“Not yet. I’m Patrick. I do go to Walls but I’m a sophomore. I know Mr. Rupple from the Gay Straight Alliance. I met you once before at a GSA function.”

“I knew I’d seen you before. So, what can we do for you guys today? You said you wanted to make sure Xanthos was working when you came in?”

“Xanthos’ the tailor I like.” CJ spoke to Patrick before returning his attention to Yousef. “I thought he did a great job when he fitted me before so I’d like him to do it again.”

“He’ll be happy to hear that. So what are you looking for today?”

“Ummm, I need at least one suit, a couple of sport coats, and a few new ties. I think I’m going to be doing a bunch of appearances for one of the presidential candidates this summer and I don’t want to wear the same stuff all the time. Some of them will be on TV so I can wear jeans and a blazer since all people will see is from the waist up.”

“We’ll get you set up so you look your best with no problem. Since it’s summer, how about we start with a light colored suit? Follow me, we have an Armani which should fit you very well.”

After trying on the jacket, CJ agreed the suit would look good on him and followed Yousef to the dressing room. “Hey, Xanthos. I’m not sure if you remember Mr. Abelló. He liked your work so much he asked to come in while you were here. I’m going to leave him in your capable hands while I pick out a few more items for him.”

The impeccably dressed, portly older man beamed at the praise. “I do remember you, young man. Thank you for the compliment. If I recall correctly, you were here with your brother when I met you before.”

“Hi, Xanthos. Yep, I brought Ritchie in before and I’m going to do so again real soon. He’s outgrown what we picked up last time. My dad bought him a suit for a wedding we had recently, but he needs some more dressy clothes.”

“We’ll be happy to take care of him when you do. Why don’t you step in the changing room and put on the trousers? I’m so happy you’re wearing dress shoes today. Most younger customers come in wearing athletic ones and I have to scramble when trying to measure them.”

Patrick stood in the background while the tailor chalked the pants and suggested smaller cuffs than the ones on the pants he’d worn in since the cut of the suit was more modern. When he tried on the jacket, CJ asked for an extra pocket on the inside.

“Do you mean here?” Xanthos indicated the lower, left-hand side of the coat. “To hold a pack of cigarettes?”

“No, I don’t smoke those. It’s for my phone. And I’d like the same thing on whatever sport coats I end up getting. I wanna be able to reach it with ease.”

“Why’s that, CJ? I’ve seen you looking at your phone a lot more than you used to.” Patrick’s question caught CJ by surprise.

“Really? It’s noticeable? Anyway, I’m still getting used to checking my Twitter feed and I want the phone in an easier spot to reach than my pants’ back pocket.”

“Twitter? Since when? You always claimed it was stupid!”

“Yeah, I know. But all the damn candidates are using it and I need to keep track of all the stupid things they say. The dads always tell me if something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right. So, if I’m going to be a surrogate for Clinton, I’m doing it right. And as much as I dislike it, that means following them all on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. In case I’m called upon to respond to whatever outrageous things they post.”

“So, is that all you’re going to do this summer? Work on the campaign?”

“Pretty much. I’ll go down to Miami at least once. To see my grandparents. But otherwise… What about you? Going back up to Maine?”

Patrick avoided looking at CJ when he replied. “I told the priest at Holy Trinity I wasn’t happy doing it last year. So I turned down the offer to go back.”

“You never said anything about not liking it. What happened?”

“Can we talk about it when we get done here?”

Xanthos promised to have everything ready by Friday and CJ agreed to return then. When they left the store, he carried a bag with several shirts and ties he threw in the back seat of Defiant. “Hey, I’m in the mood for crab cakes. Wanna drive over to Baltimore for lunch?”

A smiling Patrick buckled his seat belt and nodded. “Yeah! That sounds fun.”

“Wanna talk about the camp thing now? Last summer you raved about how much fun you had with the kids. I’m surprised you don’t want to do it again.”

“I loved working with the kids! They’re not the problem. The priest who runs the place and a few of the other counselors I didn’t like. That’s why I don’t want to go back.”

“What’s wrong with them?”

“Since the Church runs the place, there’s an hour of religious teaching every day. The priest and the other guys I didn’t like made it a point to talk bad about gay people. It seemed to happen every day. Although I’m sure it didn’t.”

“You can’t let that bother you, Patrick. You have any idea how many times I’ve heard shit from strangers when Ozzie and I hold hands in public? Haters are gonna hate no matter what. I mean, you grew up with a homophobic grandfather. I’m surprised this bothered you so much.”

Patrick didn’t reply right away. He stared out the window for a minute or two and then at his hands when he spoke again. “It’s a little different, CJ. Grandfather badmouthed gays in general and a father I didn’t know. Living with Dad and Pops and Ozzie, and with you and your dads right next door has changed me. I realize gay people aren’t the monsters Grandfather, the priest at camp, and other people say we are.”

CJ was stunned. He wasn’t certain he’d heard correctly. Without realizing he was doing it, he took pressure off the accelerator and the Jeep slowed down. “Did you just say we?”

“Yeah…” It was almost a whisper and was followed by a quiet sob. “I think I’ve known I’m gay for a long time. But I didn’t want to be. It’s why I fought back when those assholes in Boston said I was like my father. And it’s why I didn’t want anyone calling me Paddy. You… you’re the first person I've told.”

CJ reached for the bandana hanging from the rearview mirror and handed it to his friend. “Here, dry your eyes.” It was a delaying move while he tried to figure out what to say next.

“I’m sorry…”

“For what?”

“For being a cry baby. For bothering you. For not admitting it before.”

“Dude, don’t be an asshole. Do you have any idea how much I cried when Dickhead threw me out of my house in Miami and my fucking mother didn’t lift a finger to defend me? Talk about being a crybaby.

“And there’s no way you’re bothering me! You’re one of my best friends. I’m just glad you feel comfortable enough with me to talk about this.

“And as for not doing it before, that’s bullshit. I wish every gay person would come out. As soon as they figure it out. But each one of us has to do it when it’s right for us. I’m proud of you. For having the guts to accept who you are. You just took a giant step and I’ll do everything I can to make sure things go right for you from now on. Don’t forget you have an awesome support system at home and with our friends. Trust me on this. You’re going to be fine.”

CJ kept glancing at Patrick and gave him his best smile. “Sooo, can I start calling you Paddy now?”

div>
Thank you Mann Ramblings, Kitt, and Reader 1810 for your hard work.
It doesn't matter if you're reading this right after it's posted or sometime later in time, if you enjoyed it don't forget to like the chapter and/or leave a comment in the review section!
C. A. Hazday
  • Like 96
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Good to see that my guess about Patrick was right.  I had to do a bit of fighting myself in school because I'm gay as well.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Ans yet another wonderful chapter in the young life of the future President!!

 

Wonder what Ozzie wil do?  Return to us back home in Oz...or stay where he should be!!

 

Masterful work as always Carlos!!  You really deserve an award for your talent!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Good chapter.  I wasn't sure about Patrick - it could have gone either way - but I'm glad he finally felt it was time to come out and be himself.  I also enjoyed that this chapter seemed to be more about the conversations than actual action.  It was a mice change of pace.   I'm also curious about where Tank, Owen and CJ want to go in May.   See you in a week.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, jkeele777 said:

Of course, I loved it...I can't wait to find out what adventure they're cooking up for May.. 

 

LOL-

 

They want to go someplace new. I wanted CJ to travel a lot but he seems to be stuck in a triangle between Miami, DC, and New York. Time to explore new grounds. More details next week.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

 

Thank you. I get my award every week when readers like a chapter and comment on it. Ozzie has several options we'll explore in future chapters. The qustion is also what will CJ do when his boyfriend graduates from law school. I could use a couple of weeks in Australia exploring and researching in case he decided to move to Sydney! Sorry, @Bucket1 but I don't think Perth would be the right place for him :P

That's right, Carlos...the Hunter Valley has better wineries than Margaret River!!!!   (East coast sledge...hehehehe)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, avidreadr said:

Good chapter.  I wasn't sure about Patrick - it could have gone either way - but I'm glad he finally felt it was time to come out and be himself.  I also enjoyed that this chapter seemed to be more about the conversations than actual action.  It was a mice change of pace.   I'm also curious about where Tank, Owen and CJ want to go in May.   See you in a week.

 

It took me about half-a-million words to get Patrick to come out and I wanted the actual revelation to dominate the chapter without getting all angsty. I try to balance out high drama with everyday events and I'm glad you liked this chapter. I wanted to show different sides of CJ and how he keeps growin and maturing. Using a TV appearance and his attire concerns gave me the chance to show he's not the t-shirt and flip flops kid we met two years before. He can still act the part of a kid but his life experiences help define his actions.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, gazza456 said:

That's right, Carlos...the Hunter Valley has better wineries than Margaret River!!!!   (East coast sledge...hehehehe)

 

LMAO! I could always send them to Melbourne! I'm pretty sure that's where the Nature Conservancy has their headquarters in Australia! Good wine regions in Victoria!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

 

LMAO! I could always send them to Melbourne! I'm pretty sure that's where the Nature Conservancy has their headquarters in Australia! Good wine regions in Victoria!

Still on the EAST coast!!  LOL

  • Like 4
Link to comment

And the excellence continues!  I like the development of Ozzie, his developing closeness to the dads, and his relationship with CJ.  Patrick is maturing and his support by the larger family has allowed him to take this major step.  Would that all kids in his situation had that support, as noted by CJ.  Your balance of high drama and privacy is well done.  Now, till next Friday!

Tony

  • Like 5
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I think it's interesting that Owen still calls Brett "Capitan" after being told he's family. I know it's a matter of respect but it seems so formal.

Watching CJ during the campaign will be interesting. I don't recall him ever being on the losing side. I don't be tossed to the curb by Lourdes. That was something he didn't get to make a concious decision on

Glad CJ had alone time with Patrick. Brad's a great brother but at times a bit dense ... Trump? Really? I get Patrick's feelings. I grew up being told by someone I loved that being gay was wrong. By the time I was able to say "I'm gay" a lot had changed. The timing here isn't surprising. Patrick needed CJ's love and compassion in order to come out. He'll be okay now.

I liked this chapter immensely. Thanks.

 

Considering how I sometimes rush things, for some reason I'm not ready for Brett to be called Brett. Cesar usually says Jarhead and Harley and Ritchie refer to him as Cap. Ozzie I think uses Captain almost the same way.

 

After two years having the older guys around, Patrick will be alone at Walls for the next two. The timing seemed right for him to come out since he has to fly solo after his 'brothers' graduate. I mentioned in a status update this week how my niece has already signed up for the Gay Straight alliance even before she starts her freshman year in college. I'm certain her decision was partially based on having an openly gy uncle but it's also a sign of how things have changed since you and I were that age. Further proof the more of us who take a stand and come out the more things improve for the GLBT community!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, pvtguy said:

And the excellence continues!  I like the development of Ozzie, his developing closeness to the dads, and his relationship with CJ.  Patrick is maturing and his support by the larger family has allowed him to take this major step.  Would that all kids in his situation had that support, as noted by CJ.  Your balance of high drama and privacy is well done.  Now, till next Friday!

Tony

 

Thanks, Tony.

 

CJ was precocious from the moment I introduced him, I think Ozzie provides a nice balance and the fact he's a few years older has a lot to do with it. Having grown up in the 'country' instead of a big city may also be a factor. He's a good foil for his boyfriend who can be a bit pushy at times LOL

 

Hang in there, bud. Two more months before the season finale in June!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..