Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Walls - 25. June 2016

The buzzer on the alarm clock, the text chime on the phone, and the soft knock on the bedroom door came in quick succession. They were followed by a moan from Owen lying in bed next to him and a bark from outside the room. Looking down to ensure the sheet covered their nakedness, CJ slammed the snooze button on the bedside clock. “Come in!”

“Morning, CJ! Happy graduation day. Morning, Ozzie! I brought you guys coffee.” Ritchie raised his arms to help balance the mugs he held as Wingnut pushed past him and ran to CJ’s side of the bed.

“Bloody hell! What’s wrong with this family? Can’t any of you sleep past sunrise?” Owen’s grumpy demeanor in the mornings was something CJ was accustomed to. The Aussie would be fine after a cup of coffee or tea and CJ suspected his complaining was mostly for show.

With an evil grin and winking at Ritchie, CJ reached for his phone with one hand while patting the small space between him and Owen. “Up, boy! Come up!”

Wingnut was on the bed before Owen could hide and avoid the dog’s long, wet tongue licking his face. Sputtering, he sought protection by shoving a pillow over his head. “You’re so dead, mate. I don’t care if you’re supposed to graduate from school tonight. By the time I get done with you, college may not be in your future.” Owen pushed at the dog, trying to dislodge him from his body. “Down, mutt! Get off my damn bed.”

“Come on, Wingnut, leave the big grouch alone.” A giggling Ritchie approached CJ’s side of the bed, handed him one of the mugs then walked around and placed Owen’s on his nightstand. “You know, Ozzie, it’s your own fault. He’s used to you petting him and giving him treats all the time.”

“Fine. From now on I’m being mean to him.” The Aussie stared at the dog who tilted his head and stared. “Let’s see who goes play with you when you come running at me with a Frisbee in your mouth.” Owen’s threat rang hollow; everyone knew how much he loved the dog.

“Hey, guys, I need you to keep the noise down for a few minutes. The text was from Brian Sims. I need to call him back. Thanks for the coffee, Ritchie.”

“Who’s that, CJ?” It wasn’t the first time Ritchie asked when a name he was not familiar with came up in conversation. Something which happened with increasing frequency since CJ had become more active in the 2016 presidential campaign.

“He’s a State Representative from Philadelphia, bro. He’s a friend of Dragon’s from college and I met him right after I moved to DC. Big, football-player guy who also happens to be gay.”

“Yuck! Another politician.”

CJ didn’t miss the fact his brother complained about Sims being in politics, not about the man being gay. He thought the future was bright if kids his age didn’t give a rat’s ass about anyone’s sexual orientation.

“Good morning, Representative Sims.” CJ turned on the TV but muted the sound as soon as his call was answered. He stared at the crawl strip at the bottom of the screen displaying the morning’s headlines, wondering what outrageous tweet from a candidate he’d missed overnight. “You wanted me to call you, sir?”

“CJ!” Brian Sims enthusiastic greeting made CJ smile. “Representative Sims? Sir? Wake up, and stop the BS. It’s Brian.”

“I’m just trying to be respectful of my elders…”

“I’ll give you elders next time I see you, you little blockhead.” The deep rumble of the man’s chuckles made CJ grin again. “Hey, I wanted to call and wish you good luck in the election today. And to congratulate you on your graduation. Are you excited?”

“Thanks, Brian.” CJ had the call on speaker and covered his mouth when Owen rolled his eyes, folded an index finger against his thumb to form a miniature hole, and kissed it. “Please ignore any screaming you hear. I’m about to kill my boyfriend.”

“No you won’t. Say hello to Owen for me. Tell him I’m looking forward to seeing him when you guys come to Philadelphia next month.”

“Ummm, Brian… Don’t you think you’re jumping the gun?”

“There you go being silly again, CJ. Secretary Clinton will win the DC primary today. You’ll be one of the elected delegates and you’ll be at the convention in my hometown next month. How does it feel to win your first election?”

“I haven’t won it yet. And it doesn’t mean much since my name’s not on the ballot. People won’t know I’ll be going to Philly on their behalf when they vote for Hillary.”

“The public may not know, CJ. But enough people will. And the ones who do are the ones who can help you further your political career.”

“I’m not sure I want a political career! My family may commit me if they have to deal with me running for office. How about I concentrate on college for the next four years instead?”

“Sure, you do that. But I think you’ll either be running the school by the time you graduate, or you’ll be Washington’s youngest mayor in history. Georgetown University’s lucky to have you. Although sometimes I wish you’d applied to Wharton like we talked about last year. What are your plans for today?”

“I’m still in bed drinking coffee. But as soon as we finish, I’m jumping in the shower and then going for a jog. I’ll go vote while I’m out. Later on, a few of my friends and I are having lunch together and then I want a nap. We’re having a big party here tonight after graduation and I’m going to need my energy. You were invited, you know? I sent you an e-mail.”

“Right! Like there’s a chance of you falling asleep on a day like today. And I know I was invited. Just couldn’t get away. Have fun but try not to do anything too crazy. The last thing we need is you making front page news for the wrong reason. Remember, you’re now a national figure.”

“Ugggh, don’t remind me. The dads give me enough crap about all the interviews. They keep telling me they’ll kick my butt if I let the media attention go to my head.”

“Better get used to it, my friend. I have a gut feeling you’ll be the darling of the media for a long time to come.”

CJ looked up at the clouds with concern. The temperature was in the low 70s and there was no rain on the forecast, but he was worried about the lack of clear skies and hoped the day would remain dry. Oh well, the weather was something he had no control over. Placing both hands against the side wall of the house, he leaned forward and stretched out his calves.

“You ready, gay boy?”

“Fuck you, Red! Damn breeders…” CJ’s quick retort made Brad chuckle as he stood next to his friend and began stretching. “Can you believe we’re graduating from high school today?”

Brad avoided making eye contact with CJ. He stared at the ground and almost sounded meek when he replied. “I’m not sure I would have without you.” The redhead paused and stared at his friend and neighbor. “You tutored me. You forced me to face the drinking bullshit. You stood by me when I was being an ass and others were ready to give up on me. I’ll never forget that, CJ. For as long as I live, I’ll never forget you’re more than a friend. You’re my brother.”

CJ disliked the path the conversation had taken. He tried to accept compliments with grace but it did not come to him with ease. Helping a friend out was something he did without much thought, not to earn gratitude or praise. Brad was his friend and CJ had seen a problem; not one to just talk, he had taken action when he thought it was warranted. “And you’re mine, Brad. Now, let’s stop talking and start running. I have to go vote for myself.” He grinned, slapped his friend on the back, and took off towards the polling place.

The Georgetown Community Library wasn’t too far away and by the time they reached it the guys had barely started sweating. There was a short line and Brad decided to wait with CJ. “I still can’t believe you’re supporting Clinton. And if that wasn’t enough, that you’re going to be a delegate for her at the Democratic National Convention.”

“And I can’t believe you’re supporting Trump!” CJ wanted to call the presumptive Republican presidential nominee The Cheeto but he remembered the admonitions he had received about being careful what he said in public. One never knew who might be a reporter or who would repeat his words. He’d tried to keep his personal feelings about the real estate mogul quiet during the interviews he had been involved in. If asked a direct question he would answer it honestly; there was no way he would lie. But he also remembered César’s frequent comments about dealing with the Internal Revenue Service: “Be honest when answering questions but do so in as few words as possible. There is never a need to volunteer information.”

“Trump’s the one who can beat the towel heads and camel jockeys, bud. Obama’s been a pussy and Clinton would be more of the same.”

CJ shook his head in disbelief. Looked around to ensure nobody was close enough to hear and lowered his voice to a whisper. “Racist much, Brad? Towel heads? Camel jockeys? Why don’t you throw in wok heads? And let’s not forget the wetbacks, okay? Sometimes I wonder about you, man. Mark my words: If Trump wins the election and becomes our next President, we’re going to be in a heap of trouble.”

Buenos días, Aba.” It was as if a switch had been flipped in CJ’s head when he saw on the caller ID it was his grandmother. Wishing her a good day in Spanish was an automatic reaction.

“Hi, CJ. I wasn’t sure what your plans were today. I hope I didn’t call too early. I didn’t wake you up, did I?”

“Aba! It’s past eight o’clock. I’ve been up since six when my alarm went off and Ritchie brought me coffee. I had something to eat and then went for a run and to vote. You should know I’m not a late sleeper.”

“You woke up so early! Won’t you be tired tonight? Aren’t you having a party after your graduation?”

“I’ll be fine. I’m having lunch with some friends later but I have nothing planned in the afternoon. Prolly take a nap. So, how are you and Abo doing?” CJ was in the kitchen, munching on a power bar and chasing it down with Gatorade. As soon as he finished cooling off, he’d go shower again and then planned on checking the backlog of Twitter and Facebook posts he had ignored since the previous night.

“We’re fine. We like this place and the people are friendly, but it’s still a nursing home. Even if we’re in the independent living part of the complex. It gets depressing some times. All the wheelchairs and oxygen tanks… At least I can get in the car and run errands when I want to since there’s people to look after your grandfather when I do.”

“That was the purpose of you guys moving, Aba. So you wouldn’t have to be tied down all the time. Plus, it’s better for Abo anyway. It’s easier on you and he gets the care he needs.”

“When are you coming to visit? I miss you. And your grandfather’s not getting any better. He’s really quiet most of the time. I think he’s forgetting how to talk.”

CJ’s chest tightened. He put the bottle he was drinking from on the counter and grabbed the edge to steady himself. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and forced himself to smile. Aba couldn’t see him but he didn’t want her to hear consternation in his voice. “I’m taking Ritchie down to Miami for a few days. Before he leaves for summer camp. Since I don’t have that much to do after today, I plan on making reservations tomorrow. I’ll call you and let you know when we’ll be down there.”

“Good. Are you staying at your other grandparents?”

“Ummm, I’m not sure yet. I’ll talk to Dad about it before I make any plans.”

“Okay, call me when you know. And congratulations on your graduation. We’re both very proud of you and the man you’re becoming.”

“Thanks, Aba. Love you guys.”

CJ placed the phone on the counter after the conversation ended. He still held on to the edge while staring across the long room at the windows fronting the street. Lost in thought, his eyes didn’t focus on anything. Alzheimer’s was a nasty, evil, illness. Abo’s regression gave him chills. He knew it was a genetic condition and swore he would never allow himself to lose his mind the way his grandfather was. The knock on the back door shook him out of his introspection. “It’s open!”

“Hi, CJ!”

“Hey, Paddy, What’s going on, buddy?” CJ watched as Brad’s younger brother walked towards him and gave him a hug before sitting on one of the stools around the breakfast bar. He smiled realizing the kid had grown and filled out over the past two years since moving to Washington. Patrick also appeared and sounded much more relaxed and confident since he had come out to CJ a couple of months before.

“Not much. I saw Brad coming home and he said you’d be here. I wanted to ask you a question.”

“Ask away, my man.” CJ sipped from his drink and sat on one of the other stools.

“I… Why do you make such a big deal about being gay? You tell everyone almost as soon as you meet them.”

CJ tilted his head and regarded Patrick while trying to formulate a coherent response. “Ummm… I think it’s a reaction to what happened with my stepfather. He freaked out when he found out and I don’t want to go through something like that ever again.”

“What do you mean?”

“Look, Paddy, Richmy stepfatherwasn’t real affectionate. I think part of it was because Dad fought him when he tried to adopt me. But it was also his personality. He was nothing like Dad and Papa, but he never abused me physically or demeaned me. That changed. He went nuts when he found out I was gay. And the next couple of days were hell.

“It took me a while to figure things out. I realized being gay was a big deal to some people and I didn’t want to go through that shit ever again. I didn’t want to make friends and then lose them when they found out. Being honest about who I am became important. I figured out it was easier to let people know as soon as I met them.” CJ paused and thought about how to phrase what he wanted to say.

“Look, it’s different for everybody. But for me, it’s important to be honest. Not to hide who I am. It somehow feels like lying if I don’t say anything. If people know I’m gay from the get go, they can’t freak out later. The ones who have a problem with me being gay will never get close enough. And that way I won’t get hurt when they find out later on and then reject me. Why are you asking?”

“I, ahhh… You know I took your advice after we talked over spring break. I asked Thiago to put me in touch with the priest you mentioned had helped him. I’ve talked to Father Chance a couple of times and I’ve started going to an Episcopal church. It’s so similar to a Catholic one and yet so different. I’m sorry, CJ. I know you don’t believe but

“Hey! You don’t have to apologize to me. We all have different values and beliefs. Just because I don’t believe in one almighty god doesn’t mean it’s wrong for you to do so.”

“Thanks… That’s kind of what I’ve been figuring out. It’s not necessary for me to give up my faith just because I’m gay. The new church’s much more accepting. Anyway, I’ve been thinking. So far you, Ozzie, and Thiago are the only ones who know. I’m going to come out to JP and Dad before I go away for the summer.” Patrick had lined up a position as a counselor at the same camp Ritchie would be attending this year.

“What about your brother?”

“I talked to Brad last night.”

“And?”

“And he said I was his brother, period. Then he hugged me and offered to be with me when I told the rents. I’ll be spending a little time in Boston before I return to DC in August. I’m going to come out to Mom and Mac when I do. And I think I want to be out at Walls next year.” Patrick smirked and looked into his friend’s eyes. “I mean, with you graduating we’re going to need another loudmouth to wave the rainbow flag.”

“Hey! Loudmouth, my ass. Watch it, buster.”

“Hey, Sean. You called?” CJ tossed the wet towel on the bathroom floor and walked into the bedroom naked. After Patrick left the house, he’d gone to the basement to clean up and get dressed. He was smiling when he returned the call he missed while under the water spray.

“What’s going on, CJ? I have a break in between clients and figured I’d call and harass you. You ready to get out of school?” Sean Owen Brody worked as a personal trainer at WOOFa gym in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York owned by Colton Mannand tended bar a couple of nights a week at PRIME. The club was a few blocks away from the fitness center and was owned by Colt’s partner, Antonio Martellini.

“Not much, man. Went running a little earlier and just got out of the shower.” CJ rummaged through his dresser trying to decide what to wear before settling on his old standbys: a t-shirt and a pair of Levi’s 501s. “And no, I’m not ready to get out of school yet. I’ll miss Walls but this is just a short break. I’m looking forward to Georgetown in the fall.”

“Damn! You better not turn into one of those over-educated snobs. If you do, I may have to kick your ass.”

“Sure… I’d love to see you try. You may have more muscles but I bet I can still flip you and have you on your ass in no time.”

Sean’s hearty chuckles made CJ smile. “It’s on, punk. Next time you’re in the City, I’m taking you down. Speaking of which, when are you coming up?”

CJ placed the phone atop the dresser, turned on the speaker, and leaned against the furniture as he pulled on a pair of socks and his jeans. “Not sure yet. The first trip this summer is to Miami with my brother. Going down to see our grandparents. But I’m sure I’ll be in New York more than once. What with me volunteering for Clinton’s campaign and their headquarters being in Brooklyn.”

“Hey, I told my bosses about your involvement. They’d like to talk to you whenever you’re in town again. Tony wants to do a couple of fundraisers for her at the bar. Maybe he can schedule them when you’re here and you can speak on her behalf?”

“Ummm, I’ll mention it to her campaign manager next time I talk to him. I’m sure they’d go for it. Clinton’s making a big push to get the GLBT vote. That’s real cool they wanna do this.”

“They’re nice guys, CJ. And they like you. They asked me to convey their congratulations on finishing school.” There was a momentary pause. “This is between you and me, okay? Tony’s family has connections. He’s the one who put me in touch with the guy who made the ID I gave you for your birthday. Next time you see him you should thank him. Just do it discreetly.”

“I will. You think Damn!”

“What the hell’s that noise?”

“That’s The Beach Boys’ ‘I Get Around’ on the house sound system. Full blast! It means Papa’s home and I’m wondering why. He said he would be at his office today.”

“Go deal with your father, CJ. Tell Brett and César I send my regards. Congratulations again and let me know when you’re coming up.”

CJ didn’t bother to put on a shirt when he ran up the stairs shaking his head at how loud the music was. He was glad one side of the house abutted the Exorcist Stairs and the other faced Tom and JP’s; it was daytime but even so the noise was loud enough he was certain any other neighbors would have complained.

When he reached the top of the stairs his eyes shot wide open and his jaw dropped. “What the fuck?” Brett and Harley were at opposite ends of the wide open space, dancing in a way anyone seeing them through the floor-to-ceiling windows facing the street might think they were having seizures.

His father was the first one to notice him. “CJ!” Brett shouted while waving his son over.

CJ smiled, shook his head again, and walked towards the controls to lower the volume. “What the hell are you two doing?”

“Bruh!” Harley rushed over to his friend’s side and raised his fist to bump. “I know I’m early but Cap called and asked me to come over. Hope it’s okay.”

“Of course it is, Harley. You know I never mind having you around. Nice necklace. Is it new?” CJ pointed at the silver-toned motorcycle hanging around his friend’s neck from a black silk cord before turning his gaze towards his father. “What are you doing here, Papa? I thought you had work to do today.”

Harley reached towards his throat and pulled the pendant away from his body to look at it. “Thanks! It’s a graduation present from Kim.”

“Kim? Kim Hoang? My co-chair at the Gay Student Alliance? She gave you jewelry as a graduation present?”

“Harley! You sly dog.” Brett’s slap to the kid’s back was friendly but hard enough to jostle the lanky teen. “You have a girlfriend?”

“Nah…” Harley looked a little embarrassed, his constant smile fading a smidgen. “She’s not my girlfriend. Back in December she asked me to go with her to an event. We had a good time and we’ve had lunch together a few times since. And we’ve gone to the movies once or twice. But that’s it.”

“You still haven’t told me what you’re doing here at this time, Papa.” CJ was curious but he was also trying to take the spotlight away from his friend. He could tell Harley was uncomfortable and wanted to give him a break, but he would be talking to him before the day was over. He knew Harley and Kim had gone on a date back in December, but the lunches and movies were a surprise. He couldn’t believe Harley had been able to keep it quiet.

Brett stepped between the two younger guys and threw an arm around each of their shoulders. “César was supposed to be here too. We wanted to give you your graduation present before the day got too crazy. And since Harley and his parents were nice enough to let us hide it at their place until today, we asked him to meet us here.”

“Oh, really?” CJ tried hard to keep a neutral expression. Harley had slipped before and revealed the dads were giving him a motorcycle as his present. He expected to get a set of keys as a gift yet again. Keeping the charade going, he glanced around the room. “So, where is it?”

“Outside.” Brett kept his arms around the youngsters and steered them towards the front door. “Come on. I think you’re gonna like it.”

Knowing he was getting a motorcycle didn’t prepare CJ for seeing it parked on the side courtyard. “Fucking A! It’s gorgeous! What the fuck is it? It looks like an HD but more so.” He grabbed the keys and security fob Harley dangled in front of him and ran to sit on the blacked-out vehicle. Unlike with his fathers’ motorcycles, there were no shiny chrome parts to be seen anywhere. Mounting the bike, he started it and turned the throttle a couple of times. The roar from the V-Twin engine had him grinning like he had not done in a long time. “Oh, man. This is insane! Thank you, Papa. Thanks, Harley. Thank you!”

The smile on Brett’s face matched his son’s. “So, you now have your own bike. We weren’t sure if you’d be heading to Miami this weekend or next. But if you and Ritchie are around, César and I thought the four of us, Ozzie, and Harley could go away for an overnight trip. Interested?”

“Damn right! And when we do, I won’t have to ride bitch.” CJ turned off the engine but didn’t dismount; he ran a hand over the silky surface of the gas tank and turned to Harley. “Okay, bud. I know you were involved in this so wanna tell me what I got?”

“It’s a 2009 Fat Bob.” If possible, Harley looked even more excited than CJ. He started talking while retrieving a piece of paper from his back pocket and unfolding it. “That’s the base but it’s been souped-up big time. Get this, CJ, it was built by a guy named Winston Yeh. He owns a place called Rough Crafts in fricking Taiwan! Somebody bought the bike and had it shipped to the US! When I saw an ad for it, I knew it was perfect. Your dads had already asked me to keep an eye out for something that would be good for you.

“The engine’s stock: the Twin Cam 96. The frame’s had a few edits but it’s also original factory equipment. Just about everything else is new. It has Progressive shocks at the back matched to a Progressive lowering kit up front. The forks were coated in titanium black and upgraded with a set of Arlen Ness Hot Legs fork legs. The brakes are also Ness as are the wheels. Sixteen-inchers at both ends, wrapped in a pair of 5.00 Coker/Beck Cycle Blackwalls.”

Harley was a blur in motion while he talked. He moved around the motorcycle pointing out each modification made as he described it. Brett tried not to laugh but couldn’t stop grunting and CJ settled on standing still with his arms folded and listening. He would steal the spec sheet his friend was holding when he finished so he could read it on his own later. “Harley! Breathe, buddy, breathe.”

“Shut up, CJ! This is too fricking cool. Anyway, Mr. Yeh used a lot of parts from his own business. The handlebars, crafts risers, and grips are from the Rough Crafts collections as are most of the hand controls. Same with the foot controls, the air filter, the fuel tank and cap, the rocker arm cover, and the seat.

“The headlight’s a Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight unit, covered with a grill matching the tail light and turn signals. Rounding it all off is a pair of Rough Crafts Guerilla exhausts, and a Voodoo fender strut kit from Rocket Bobs.” The lanky teen stood, bouncing from one foot to the other while admiring the bike and looking satisfied with himself. “So what do you think?”

“I think I’m in love. And I think we need to take it out for a spin. You rode it over here, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Great! Let me go get my boots and my helmet. I’ll give you a ride home and we can come back with your bike. Damn, this is gonna be fun. It looks so slick. All black like a panther. Like a hunter in the jungle.”

“The guy who made it called it something else but I like your name better. Jungle Hunter…”

“That’s it! You’re a genius, Harley. That’s the bike’s name. Hunter!”

“Hey, Abuelo. How are you? Where are you guys?” CJ smiled hearing his grandfather’s voice when he answered the phone. He had dropped Harley off at his house and returned home to wait for his friend to finish packing an overnight back and return to the Prospect Street townhouse.

“Campeón! We’re doing great. Enjoying ourselves. I have you on the speaker and your grandmother’s sitting here with me.” Sebastián and Rosario Abelló were on a two-week cruise through the Mediterranean Sea, a trip CJ knew his grandparents had planned for over a year.

“Hi, CJ. How are you, baby? Did you get your graduation present from your fathers?” Abuela Abelló sounded a little strange to CJ, she even giggled when she asked her questions.

“You sound funny, Abuela. Are you okay?”

“She’s fine,” Sebastián replied in a dismissive tone. “Your grandmother’s developed a taste for fine wines and she may have had a glass or three this afternoon.”

CJ could barely contain his laughter. “Oh crap. Abuelo! You got her drunk?”

“I’m not drunk! I’m… I’m just in a real good mood. So did you get your present yet?” The slight hiccup at the end of her statement made CJ think otherwise. His grandmother was lit!

“Yes, I did! And I love it. I’ll take you for a ride next time you’re in Washington.”

“Never! I hated it when your dad bought a motorcycle and I wasn’t happy when he told me they were buying you one as a graduation present. They’re dangerous, CJ. Please be careful.”

“I will, Abuela, I will. And you have to remember I’ve been riding with the dads and Ozzie for a while. So, where are you guys?” CJ waved at Harley as he walked into the basement and mouthed ‘grandparents’ while pointing at the phone.

“We spent the day in Monte Carlo and will be in Marseille tomorrow. Then we fly back.” It was CJ’s grandfather speaking once again. “You should have seen your grandmother! She won over a thousand euros at the casino and had to celebrate by ordering a bottle of champagne. That’s why she’s in such a good mood.”

“What about you, Abuelo? Did you win?”

“Nope. Lost about a hundred and then quit. What are you doing? And how are Ozzie and Ritchie? We miss seeing you guys.”

“They’re both fine. Ozzie said he had to do a little shopping this morning and he took Ritchie with him. I got up early, went for a jog, rode my new bike some, and in a little while I’m meeting a couple of friends for lunch. Prolly take a nap this afternoon. Graduation starts at six but we have to be there around five. Afterwards, there’s a party here at home. The dads invited the entire graduating class and their parents. But there’s a few other get-togethers going on, so I’m sure not everyone will show up.”

“CJ? Your grandfather and I are very proud of you. Congratulations on your graduation. You’ll get our present when we see you next. Okay?”

“That’s fine, Abuela. I promised Aba I’d take care of reservations tomorrow. I’ll e-mail you the details. Love you guys! Thanks for calling.”

The Tombs and 1789the more glamorous restaurant above the pubwere scheduled to close in a couple of weeks for major repairs to the roof and kitchen. Suspecting he’d be away from Washington over the summer due to his commitments to the Clinton campaign, CJ wanted a final meal at the popular bar and grill with his friends. He didn’t think it would happen with the Georgetown institution, but more than one eatery had closed for renovations and never reopened.

“Is it just the two of us?” Chipper took the seat opposite CJ, surprised the rest of the Squad was missing.

“For now. Ozzie took my brother shopping. Last I saw them they were on my boyfriend’s motorcycle and Ritchie was looking thrilled to go for a ride. That boy has a need for speed kinda like Tom Cruise in that old movie. And I think he’s catching the Harley-Davidson bug. I left a note for them to join us if they get back in time. Thiago’s working ’til two. Tank will meet us at my house after lunch.”

“What about Ethan and Patrick?”

“Ethan said he had to take care of a couple things for tonight’s party. I think he was going to meet with the DJ. Paddy went with him. Harley forgot something at home so he borrowed the Jeep and went back there. Brad said he wanted to ride with him.”

“I can’t believe Harley passed up a free lunch!”

CJ joined in Chipper’s chuckling, thinking their friend had a well-earned reputation. “I’m sure his mom will feed them if they’re over there at lunch time. Is your sister in town?”

“Yeah, she called me when she got in. Dad’s paying for her to stay at the Georgetown Inn. I think they wanted to avoid an awkward situation if she stayed at Doc’s. They’ll both be at graduation and my sister will be at the party tonight. That should make Brad happy.” The head shaking and eyerolling told the story: Chipper often said he couldn’t figure out what was going on between those two.

“Oh, leave them alone. Your sister’s a smart cookie and Brad’s mellowed out since he stopped trying to drink anything alcoholic within reach. I still can’t believe you told your mom not to come up.”

“It made no sense, CJ. I’ll see her next week when I head to Buenos Aires. And then she’ll come back to the states with me when I return. We’ll fly to New York, spend a couple of days there, and then head down to Miami when the dorms open. We’re going to stay at your apartment in New York when we’re thereyour dads and Matt said it was okay. I need Mom to help me get ready for moving into my own place before school starts. I need to go shopping for a lot of things.”

“But you’re going to be in the dorms…”

“Yeah, but I still need to buy shit like towels, pillows, and sheets.”

“Oh, okay. I guess I didn’t think of that. What with being a commuter and all.”

“Yeah, right. Commuter! A whole block away from campus.”

Chipper ordered a burger and a glass of wine but was laughed at by the server. Being a regular at the popular restaurant meant most of the employees knew CJ and his group were not of legal drinking age. CJ chuckled at his friend’s pouting and asking for a soda instead; he ordered the same thing. “Okay, let’s talk about your dad. What’s going on?”

“Nothing. I had dinner with him last night. He’s coming to the graduation ceremony but I don’t know if he’ll show up at your house for the party.”

“How come?”

“He was all excited about seeing your dads and the rest of their old group, but I told him he might not be welcome.”

“Why did you tell him that?”

“Because he’s oblivious about what he did. I told him about Doc and Dash being a couple and living together and he looked surprised.”

“He didn’t know? You never mentioned it to him?”

“Nope. None of his business until now. And hell if I was going to gossip about Matt. I don’t think Dad even realizes how much he hurt Doc. He’s so fucking stupid. It still pisses me off. And I told him your dads might not be happy to see him. I bet you they’re still angry with him for implying to his assistant that he was having sex with César and Brett.”

CJ’s jaw dropped and he stared at his friend in disbelief. He’d heard bits and pieces of conversations which allowed him to figure out Chip had spread those rumors but he was surprised Chipper knew about it. “You know about that? How?”

Chipper snorted. “I guess your parents told Matt and I overheard him repeating the story to Dash after he moved in with us. They thought I’d fallen asleep while we were watching a movie.”

“You were eavesdropping?”

“Damn right I was!” Chipper smiled for the first time since the conversation about his father commenced. “It was accidental at first but then I played possum. I can tell you Matt may have put it all behind him but you can see it still hurts him. I don’t think it’s he misses Dad. More like he can’t believe someone would do that to him. You know how Doc is. He wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

“That sucks. How about you? How do you feel about it all?”

The conversation paused for a moment when their server brought their sodas and promised to return with the food. “I’m not sure, CJ. I’ve always been big on honesty. And being around you just made those beliefs stronger. You always preach about honesty and loyalty.” Chipper sipped his drink while CJ took a quick glance at his phone before turning the ringer off. “That’s why I went nutso when I found out Dad and Matt had split up because my father cheated.” Chipper looked up from the table and smirked at his friend. “Then I met you and the honesty shit kicked into high gear.”

“Hey! Don’t go blaming me for anything.”

“Bullshit! You’re more against lying than I ever was before I met you.”

“Yeah, well, you can blame my dad for that. He’s always saying, ‘Never tell a lie and you'll never have to remember the particulars of any story.' Between him and Papa, they drilled into me I could talk to them about anything as long as I was honest.”

“Don’t get me wrong, CJ. I love that attitude. Anyway, after the last two years I’ve mellowed out a bit. My dad’s not going to change. I guess I have to accept that. But he’s never abandoned me or Cristina. I’ll continue to show my displeasure, but I’ll give him a break and try to have some sort of relationship with him.”

“So will you be okay if he shows up at the party tonight? We did invite all the graduates and their parents. What did he end up deciding?”

“I told him to talk to your dads at the actual graduation. I suggested he start by apologizing and then ask them if it’s cool for him to show up.”

“What’s going on, Robbie? What’s with the cryptic message?” Returning home after lunch, CJ found a FedEx package on the steps to the front door. Addressed to him, he was surprised to see a message printed with a thick black marker on the side of the box. It said to call before opening and was signed Mook.

“CJ! My friend! Good luck and congratulations.” Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager’s teasing tone was hard to miss.

Shaking his head and grinning, CJ let himself in the house, took a look around the empty first floor, andcarrying the boxheaded downstairs to the basement. “Now you’re playing with me, dude. I think I can figure out what the congratulations are for. What’s up with the good luck wishes? Did you like book me on FOX or something?”

“Nah, not yet. I can’t believe you forgot already! You’re on the ballot today. I was wishing you good luck in the election.”

“Thanks, Robbie, but I don’t think I need it. Everyone tells me Secretary Clinton’s going to be the nominee and everything I’ve seen or read predicts she’ll be carrying the District.”

“True, but still…”

“I know, I know it’s a pretty big deal. But I’m trying not to let it go to my head. If I do and start acting cocky, the dads will ground me for the rest of the year.”

CJ had to pull the phone away from his ear to minimize the loud laughter emanating from it. “What’s in the box, anyway?”

“Oh, that. A while back, I mentioned to the Secretary you were graduating from high school today and she asked me to send you a gift on behalf of her and President Clinton.”

“Really?” CJ was pleasantly surprised. He’d placed the box atop his desk and rummaged through the top drawer searching for a knife or letter opener.

“Don’t sound so surprised. I’m certain by now you’ve figured out she’s not the cold fish many people make her out to be. I remembered the tour you gave me of your house the day we met. And the wall full of books outside your fathers’ bedroom. You said many of them were first editions and or autographed by the author.”

“Yeah, most of them belonged to Papa’s parents and he inherited them when Mr. and Mrs. Davenport died.”

“Right! I remembered that too. I thought you should start your own collection. Inside the box there are autographed first editions of President Clinton’s autobiography, My Life and Mrs. Clinton’s memoir about her time as Secretary of State, Hard Choices.

“Oh, wow! That’s awesome! Thank you, Robbie. Thank you so much. This is so cool. I know what’s next on my reading list. Hey, I’ll e-mail you tomorrow. It may be in the afternoon since I think I’m going to be up late tonight.

“I’ll be going down to Miami for a few days. To visit my grandparents. But I want to figure out what, when, and where you think you’ll need me. And since you’re so sure about me being a delegate, I want some idea of what you’ll want from me during the convention in Philly next month.”

• • •

CJ removed the books from the box, paged through them after reading the dedications, and then placed them atop the desk. He sliced the packing tape on the bottom and flattened the box. “Hey, Wingnut!” The pooch had nudged the bedroom door when he walked in and sat looking at CJ. “If you’re staring at me with that face I’m going to assume you and I are alone in the house. Come on. Let’s go upstairs. I’ll throw this in the recycling and then I’ll give you a treat.”

Climbing the stairs, CJ heard what sounded like an argument coming from outside the kitchen door. He recognized Owen’s voice but missed who he was talking to. Stepping outside, he found Owen confronting Ethan and Tank. And CJ’s boyfriend didn’t look happy. “Hey, guys.” When his greeting was ignored, CJ repeated it a lot louder. “HEY! What the heck’s going on?”

The three men turned to look at him at the same time and while Owen averted his gaze and stared at the ground, Ethan strode towards CJ with a determined look. “Your boyfriend’s what’s going on. He’s being a temperamental, obstinate, and jealous bitch.”

“Jealous? Of whom? Ozzie?” CJ looked at the tall blonde with a gentle smile. If he’d done anything to make the man jealous he’d have to apologize, and if that was the case he wanted to do it as soon as possible.

“I’m not being jealous, mate. I just… I just don’t like the idea of anyone feeling you up.”

“What? Why would anyone be feeling me up? And just out of curiosity, who would be feeling me up?” The smirk CJ flashed showed he might be puzzled but he was going to have some fun with whatever was being planned.

“That would be me.” Tank raised his hand and walked towards CJ. “Here.” He handed CJ a card and hugged him. “Congratulations, buddy!”

“Thanks... I think.” CJ chuckled and crossed his arms across his chest. “Now, would one of you tell me what this is all about?”

Before anyone could answer him, Ritchie ran out of JP and Tom’s back door with Patrick following close in his footsteps. Wingnut abandoned CJ’s side and rushed to Ritchie. “Hey, pup. I was just coming to get you. Wanna go throw a ball around with me and Patrick?” At the word ball, the golden retriever began jumping and running in circles around his true master. “I have my phone if you need me, CJ. We’ll be back in an hour or so.” Ritchie walked inside, returned with a leash and a couple of tennis balls, and then led the dog and his neighbor away.

“Okay, once again. What’s going on?” CJ did not sound happy anymore. He stared at his boyfriend although Owen wouldn’t meet his gaze.

“Oh, it’s real simple.” Ethan threw an arm around CJ and pointed at Tank. “He decided to give the four of you graduating today a gift. A one hour massage. And heEthan pointed at Owen“doesn’t want you naked on a massage table. In a candlelit room with soft music playing in the background. He’s scared Tank will take advantage of you.”

“I’m not bloody scared of shit!” Owen almost shouted his response. “It’s just that…”

CJ’s expression softened as he walked towards Owen and lifted the Aussie’s chin with his thumb. “It’s just what, Ozzie? Have you ever had a professional massage?”

“No. Have you?”

“Yep. Once. And it’s been a long time. Before I moved to Washington, Dad used to take me someplace different every year during spring break. One time we flew to Aruba. During the vacation, we fished, dived, and worked out at the hotel’s gym. I pulled a muscle in my back and Dad arranged for us to have massages. What is it that’s bothering you so much? All these guys have seen me naked before. Hell, they’ve seen you without clothes too. And we’ve seen them the same way.”

“Yeah, but I’ve always been there with you. I don’t like the idea of you being naked around anyone when I’m not there.”

CJ moved even closer to Owen so fast he caught his boyfriend by surprise. He cradled the man’s face between his hands and stared into his blue orbs before bringing their mouths together. The torrid kiss elicited whistles from Ethan and Tank before CJ drew back. Not removing his hands, he was once again lost in the most beautiful eyes he’d ever seen. “Damn, but I love you, you big lug. When are you going to realize you have nothing to worry about with me? I have no interest in anyone. Hear that, Ozzie? I… don’t have… an interest… in anyone… but you!”

“I… I’m…” A flustered Owen sputtered the words but seemed unable to utter a complete sentence.

“Anyway, hell if I’m going to pass up a free massage.” CJ rubbed his hands together, smirking while he tried to comfort his man. “But I’ll offer a compromise. I know a massage’s supposed to relax the body and the mind and that’s why the low lights, music, and candles. It may not be the perfect way to do it, but you and Ethan can stay in the basement while Tank works me over.”

“What?” Owen’s furrowed brow and heavy-lidded eyes made CJ chuckle.

“I said you and Ethan can serve as chaperones. But you have to keep quiet if you’re going to stay in the room. Now, go run to your place and bring me back one of your budgie smugglers. I threw mine away ’cause they were real ratty. I’ll wear them while Tank does his magic and that way I won’t be naked.”

“You look good, Silas. What’s with the big smile?” The massage over, Owen, Ethan, and Tank left CJ alone so they could return to their homes and get ready for the evening events. CJ was about to jump in the shower again when the text message chime on his phone sounded. His cousin Randy wanted him to turn on his iPad so they could FaceTime. When he did, Randy & Ty’s foster kid, Silas was the first one to greet him.

“Hi, CJ! Congratulations!” Silas Washington was a fifteen-year-old black kid who’d been rejected by his family when they found out he was gay. Randy and his husband Tyler had become temporary foster parents a couple of months before and CJ had spoken to the teen before but they had yet to meet in person. “I’m excited! Randy and Ty promised to take me to Washington over Fourth of July! I can’t wait to meet you and your brother, and Rod!”

“That’s awesome, buddy. I can’t wait to meet you either. Hey, you’re not there alone, are you?”

“Nah….” Silas leaned back so his face didn’t fill the screen any longer and Randy and Tyler became visible sitting on either side of him.

“Hey, college man. Way to go!” Tyler gave him a wink and a thumbs up.

“Not yet, Ty. Not yet. Let me enjoy my summer vacation and then you can call me that. Hey, Randy.”

“What’s up, cuz? You ready for this?” Randy had a goofy grin and CJ couldn’t figure out why.

“Heck, yeah! I mean, not much’s going to change. I’m still going to live here. But I’ll tell you what: It’s going to be great not having to walk a few streets and then catch a bus every morning to go to school. Especially when the weather sucks. Once I start at Georgetown, my commute will be two blocks. “What’s with the silly grin?”

“Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.” Randy’s dismissive wave and tone convinced CJ something was definitely up. “When was the last time you talked to my brother?”

“I don’t know. A couple of days ago, I guess. I’ll see him and Taisha later today. Why?”

“No reason. Just wondering. He may have some news for you when you see him. Anyway, you gonna be around when we come to Washington?”

“I should be. I don’t know what my schedule’s going to be before the convention. I’m sure I’ll be busy after Secretary Clinton’s the official nominee. But since that’s after you guys plan on being here, I’ll make sure I’m in DC that weekend.” CJ looked at the kid between his cousins and smiled. “I’m really looking forward to meeting you in person, Silas.”

“Hey!” Ty must have grabbed the phone or tablet they were using since his face filled up the screen. “We need to go. We wanted to say hi but there’s this appointment we have to get to. Since we plan to take Silas out of town, we’re meeting with the social worker to make sure it’s not an issue.”

From somewhere off-camera, Randy shouted a final comment. “Congratulations again, CJ. Call us in the next couple of days. We wanna hear what you think about Rod’s news.”

CJ was left wondering what Rod’s announcement might be. He looked at the clock and realized it was time to get ready. Since Thiago was supposed to come over to the house so they could ride to Walls together, he texted his friend letting him know he was jumping in the shower and to let himself in the unlocked back door when he arrived.

“You shaved!” Thiago sat on the bed, fiddling with his phone, when CJ walked out of the bathroom through a steam cloud.

“When did you get here?” CJ smiled and rubbed his smooth face trying to make sure he had not missed a spot. “Yeah. I was gonna do it this summer anyway. The dads suggested I might want my face visible in pictures.”

“You’re wearing a suit?” Thiago asked, pointing at the clothes laid out on the bed next to where he sat. “Nobody’s going to notice under the gown. I thought you guys wanted to wear shorts and flip flops.”

“The dads again.” CJ grabbed the pair of Hugo Boss red boxer briefs he had set out, slipped them on, and sat on the bed to put on socks. “They asked me to wear it for the same reason. They think I’ll like looking at graduation pictures in the future and wish they didn’t look dated. Dad says he hates his hair in his own pics. And they said since all the guests would be wearing ties and coats it would look funny if I didn’t.”

“You’re not wearing that all night, are you?”

“Hell no! I’ll change when we get back.”

“Good, ’cause I brought stuff to change into before the party.”

“Is Nadine here?”

“Nope, just me.”

“She’s coming though, right?”

“Yeah, she’ll be there. But since you and I have to stop at Walls first, she thought I’d like time alone with you guys. She texted Ozzie and asked him to meet her outside the auditorium. She wants to sit with your family.”

CJ opened the top drawer of his dresser and stared at the neckties in it. Retrieving a navy and gray striped one, he held it up against his white shirt and looked in the mirror. “I knew I liked that woman! What do you think? Will this tie work?” CJ turned around so Thiago could see what he was talking about.

“Blue and gray are Georgetown’s colors, right? And is that the school’s G logo at the bottom? Appropriate. It’ll match the dark gray suit. And for the record, I like her too. A lot!

“How much is a lot?

“Enough to start thinking about the future. She might be the one.”

“Yeah? Is there a little Thiago in the picture?”

“Don’t be an ass! Of course not.”

“Damn! I was hoping you’d be the first one to give me a nephew or a niece.”

“You already have a couple of those. Your cousins have one and so does your doctor friend, Chatri.”

“Yeah, I guess. But I’m thinking of the Squad. Who’ll be the first one to marry? And who’ll be the first one with kids?”

“My money’s on you and Ozzie. The two of you might as well tie the knot right now. I mean, you already admitted you love him.”

CJ’s grin was infectious; Thiago matched him. “Yeah, well, shit happens. But you’re right. I do love the Aussie. Fuck it. Might as well admit it. I’m crazy mad in love with him.”

div>
Thank you Mann Ramblings, Kitt, and Reader 1810 for your hard work.
It doesn't matter if you're reading this right after it's posted or sometime later in time, if you enjoyed it don't forget to like the chapter and/or leave a comment in the review section!
C. A. Hazday
  • Like 85
  • Love 23
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Just now, JayT said:

so is that it??? no mas Walls???? 

 

One more coming this weekend. Graduation Day - The End

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

 

One more coming this weekend. Graduation Day - The End

woohoo :2thumbs:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, JayT said:

not allowed

 

Exactly why I'm going into hiding. I'm not good at following rules or obeying orders

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Talk about a full day...the ten hours this chapter covered were amazing.  No wonder CJ needed three showers!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

You pulled a whole lot of threads together, and did it artfully. How CJ managed to accept the massage and still placate Ozzie shows that he has a career in the diplomatic corps ahead of him. It's sad to see this era in CJ's life wind down, but I can't help thinking he and the thousands of his contemporaries have only begun to make their marks.

 

Thanks, Parker. I tried! This is the longest chapter EVER in the series and I still was unable to fit it all in. There'll be a surprise or two in the Epilogue. But I promise there won't be any cliffies or sappy romance. I don't do either! :no:

 

Alternating between phone and in-person scenes was fun, I've used a similar approach once or twice before and it gives me the opportunnity to cover a lot of ground and still keep a somewhat fast-paced chapter. The transitions were murder though. I had a list of what I wanted to cover and I had to juggle scenes around in order to have them flow properly. The Epilogue will cover the actual graduation and the party.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Daddydavek said:

Talk about a full day...the ten hours this chapter covered were amazing.  No wonder CJ needed three showers!

 

LOL- I'm impressed you caught that! I would have been exhausted halfway through! And he still has the ceremony and the celebration to go.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Another great chapter, it appears that CJ will be busy during the summer, with taking Ritchie to see their grandparents in Miami, going to New York, and working with the Clinton campaign. I really like that Ceaser and Brett getting the motorcycle for CJ for his graduation gift from them and Harley. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Thank You Papi Carlos! 
This was a chapter closing up loose ends. 
I hope you decide to keep CJ and Aussie together. Nice to see that sort of love and respect. I'm on pins and needles over Rod's news. 
Last... Certainly not least. You know how to turn a guy on with motorcycle talk. Harley explaining the bike reved this motor... 
Look forward to the last chapter. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

You made my day with this chapter, so much to read that I couldn't finish it during  my lunch break :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Yay graduation day! Owen my man I don't blame you no one would be near my naked man either if I weren't there!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Crazy mad in love, I knew CJ had good taste :)

 

You know how impressionable 18yos can be. A pretty face, some muscles and a bouncing booty and they think they're in love. I'm still holding out for him meeting a nice Cuban man... :D

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

I know this chapter was about CJ but I can't help butthe two youngsters, Ritchie and Paddy. Both have absorbed alot being around CJ and the Squad. Both are far more mature than many their age. They're comfortable in themselves and know they are loved unconditionally by a group of pretty impressive people.

Not sure I'm ready for the change that's coming. The Squad is going in so many directions and life will be different for all of them. The closing with CJ and Thiago talking about weddings and children emphasizes how life evolves ...

I know we're not quite at the end but this has been an incredible ride ... thanks!

 

We can all benefit from having someone to look up to. CJ has Brett and Cesar and Ritchie and Patrick have CJ. Brett once said he hoped CJ would give him lots of grandchildren because they would be great growing up with the kid as their father. I thin the jarhead may be on to something there. Of course, with CJ being 18, children won't be in the picture for a long time.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, avidreadr said:

A nice surprise.   You've given us a lot of info about a lot of the characters and what their futures might entail.  There is so much coming to look forward to.   I was going to say the next few chapters should be good, but I realized they'v e all been good.  Thank you.  

 

Thanks, Avid! I wanted everyone to have a cameo but ended up leaving a couple of scenes on the edit floor. It was too much! LOL But we did get a few questions answered and hopefully I didn't open any new plot threads. I'm so glad you've enjoyed the ride.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, tabaqui said:

You made my day with this chapter, so much to read that I couldn't finish it during  my lunch break :)

 

I'm hoping that's a good thing! If my time zone awareness is correct, you'll be home from work any time now and you can sit back with a cocktail and read the entire thing. :P

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

 

Thanks JP.

 

CJ's become addicted to travel and there will be lots of it in the future. He has almost three months before starting school again and he'll be on the road for a good chunk of it. Don't forget if Clinton wins the DC primary, CJ will be in Philadelphia too. That part is written but I may go back and add a scene where he meets @TetRefine at the Bike Bar in Philly. You can ask Matt what type of bar that is! :D

 

If you need details for this, let me know. I have pics and stuff...😏

  • Like 5
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yay graduation day! Owen my man I don't blame you no one would be near my naked man either if I weren't there!

 

Owen's facing a conundrum: he has a hot bf but gets jealous when the bf attracts too much attention. Poor Aussie doesn't realize those Latin boys are dangerous! Oh, wait. I'm projecting again. Never mind....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, TetRefine said:

 

If you need details for this, let me know. I have pics and stuff...😏

 

LMAO! I hope you realize you'd be dealing with an 18yo hot Latino wise beyond his years. I have a picture of you wearing tight jeans and a tank top and tapping him on the shoulder when you see him scouting out the bar. GRINDR must have been busy during the convention! (CJ has a fake ID provided by 'connected' people so it'll pass muster.)

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..