Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,998 Words
  • 1,686 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Clarion - 12. Chapter 12

We were awakening with a loud pounding on the kitchen door. I quickly threw on a robe and headed to the kitchen. I looked at the clock as I passed and couldn’t believe that it was 10:30. I don’t ever remember sleeping that late. As I opened the door, there was a grinning Andy.

“I’m sorry if I woke you but you’re generally up by this time.”

“That’s ok Andy, come on in. Do you know how to make coffee?”

“Sure.”

“Good, you make coffee while I go and get dressed for the day and get sleepy head up.”

“Who’s sleepy head?”

“I gave Cody a quick kiss. Entertain our guest while I get ready.” When I came back into the kitchen, Cody handed me a cup of coffee while Andy handed me eggs, sausage and toast. I was really surprised. Cody took a plate and set down next to me, Andy also took a plate and sat beside Cody. “Andy, you aren’t trying to steal my boyfriend are you?”

Cody reached over and pulled Andy into a hug.”Only if I was 16 or you were 36, we would give that old man a run for his money.” Andy smiled and I winked at him. He knew I was kidding and smiled back at me cuddling even closer to Cody.

“Andy, do you want to go with us? We are going to Butler to buy Cody a truck.”

“May I call my mom and tell her where I’m going and with whom?”

I just handed him the phone as I put the dishes into the dishwasher. Andy came in with a big smile so I knew his mom said it was ok.

As we headed to Butler, “Andy, are you going to have a birthday party?”

“I have to share my birthday with my brother, so I have my birthday party the next day and Jeff has his party on the day of our birth.”

“How do you feel about that?”

“I think it’s great. That way Jeff and I have two parties, twice the amount of cake and ice cream.”

I just smiled as Cody shook his head. I reached over and ruffled Andy’s hair. If I told you Cody drove, who do you think was riding shotgun. Right it was Andy.

I watched as I walked behind Cody while Andy walked next to him. If you would saw how Andy looked at Cody there was definitely hero worship. I don’t blame Andy, Cody was a great guy. Cody and Andy looked over the trucks and settled on a Ford. I looked at the price tag, did a mental calculation. When the salesman approached us, I told him I was interested in the Ford pickup. He began to quote a price but I stopped him, “I’ll pay you, in cash, 350 dollars over dealer’s price. I’ll need to see the dealer’s price.”

The salesman looked a little shocked, “I’ll go and get the owner’s agreement.”

I waited about 15 minutes. The salesman came back and the owner said it’s a deal but he wants 500 instead of the 350. “You go back and tell him this is my final offer, if he doesn’t take it, I’ll leave and he can keep his truck and pay the interest on this vehicle to his bank. My offer now is 250 dollars over the dealer’s price.”

He was gone 10 minutes, returning he said the owner said no deal. I thanked him and we left. We were driving out of the parking lot, when the salesman came running after us. I looked at Cody and winked.

“Sir, the owner said he'll take the 350 over dealer’s price.”

I looked at Cody, “What do you think? Do you want to go and look at what other dealers have or buy this Ford?”

Cody is a smart man and decided to let this salesman sweat a little. He hemmed and hawed for a while and looked at Andy. “Andy, what do you think?”

“I liked the Ford but the owner shouldn’t have played you for a sucker. Maybe we should forgive him and get the Ford.”

“Ok Andy, if you think we should get the Ford then we’ll go and buy the Ford.” The salesman let out the breath he was holding.

After proof of dealer’s price, I phone my bank and had the money transferred to the dealer’s bank account. While I waited for the dealer to receive the agreed upon amount, I called my insurance company and added the Ford to my insurance policy. The salesman came out of the office and handed us the owner’s papers and a temporary license plate. Now the question was how where we going to get the truck home and who was riding with whom.

I started to laugh, Cody and Andy looked at me like I was crazy. There was no question who was going to drive the Ford and where Andy was going to ride.

Cody looked at me as I pointed to the truck, there was Andy sitting in it ready to go. “I’ll see you at home.”

I thought it was nice that Andy was bonding with Cody. He couldn’t pick a better person to be a mentor. Andy needed someone he could trust and would help him sort through his sexuality.

Arriving home, I pulled far enough into the garage to allow Cody to park behind me. Going into the kitchen, I took some chicken out of the freezer to thaw. I was planning on having a barbeque and eating on the patio. I prepared the potatoes and wrapped them in aluminum foil, made a salad but left off the dressing. While I was doing that I heard Cody dropping the garage door and fifteen minutes a young man and Cody entered the kitchen, talking a mile a minute. ”How was the ride home?”

“Mr. Bradley it was perfect. The truck rode so smooth and the motor purred.”

I looked at Cody, he mouthed, ‘president of the Cody fan club.’

“Dinner won’t be ready for some time, do you want a snack or a sandwich to hold you over?”

What a question to ask a teenager, sandwiches were selected in lieu of just light snacks. I let Cody handle that task while I concentrated on making the dessert for dinner. I watched Andy as he saw me make a blackberry pie, I’d swear his mouth was salivating. Cody took the plates with the sandwiches, told Andy to carry the drinks and led the way to the patio.

I could hear them talking but I could only make out a few words. I was glad for Andy, he was a nice kid and I trusted Cody. When the pie was finished, they came in from the patio. All I had to do now was bake it in the oven.

“Andy and I are going to go and gather up some nuts.” I looked at Cody and he winked at me. I knew it was all about driving the ATV. I gave Cody 2 bushels and the keys to the ATV. Andy came in with an ear to ear smile.

“Be careful and don’t take chances.” Since I was looking at Andy he knew that the message was meant for him. While they were gone, I took the opportunity to read the material Robert sent for review before the Board meeting. I read until the oven alarm indicated the pie was done. Placing the pie on a trivet to cool, I went back to reading the reports. It appeared from the financial report the new businesses were doing very well.

I was so intent on reading the reports, I didn’t hear the guys come back. Cody gave me a kiss on the cheek, I jumped, I heard Andy laughing. “How was the gathering?”

“Well, we couldn’t find any nuts. They must’ve all been picked or the animals must’ve have gotten them.”

“Well, that’s too bad. I guess we’ll just have to lock up the ATV since we won’t need it.” I looked at Andy as I said that, his expression was priceless. It was obvious that he’d want to ride again or should I say drive again.

“What time are you planning on dinner?”

“Are you both hungry?”

“Well, by the time everything is cooked, we will be.”

“OK, fire up the grill and I'll season the chicken. There are potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil in the refrigerator take them with you and put them in the grill while you’re bringing the grill to temperature.”

Taking the chicken, I brushed it with olive oil and seasoned it for grilling. I took plates and cutlery out to the patio, Andy took them and set them around the table. I noticed he placed his next to Cody and mine across from Cody.

I poured ice tea for us and soda for Andy. When the grill reached 350 degrees, Cody put the chicken on. It wasn’t long before you could smell the chicken cooking. Cody turned the temperature down to 300 degrees and let the chicken slowly grill. I placed the salad on the table, gave Andy some napkins to place at the settings. Going to the kitchen, I started making coffee to have with our dessert.

Picking up the reports, I continued to read. Again I lost the concept of time and soon heard Cody saying the chicken was done. I didn’t realize how much time had passed but when I went to the patio, the grill was off and a plate of chicken and potatoes was on the table. I sat down across from Cody and watched Andy look at me as he sat down next to Cody. Hero worship if I ever saw it. Cody was a role model for Andy, not too many gay kids have a gay role model, in that way Andy was very lucky. In my eyes, Cody could do no wrong. My trust in him was complete.

When dinner was over, I went and got the pie along with vanilla ice cream. Cody and Andy cleared off the table while I cut the pie and added a scoop of ice cream. I watched Andy’s eyes as he saw the dessert, I always wondered where they put all of their food. Cody took the plates and I brought the coffee. “Andy, do you want coffee or milk?”

“If it’s ok, I’d like a glass of milk with this dessert.” I poured him a cold glass of milk and took it out to him along with the coffees.

The pie and ice cream was a perfect topper for dinner. “Andy, what time do you have to be home?”

“If I ask my mom can I stay here?”

“Where, on the patio?”

Cody laughed and so Andy knew I was kidding. “Go and call.”

“Mr. Bradley, my mom wants to talk to you.”

“Hello Mary, how are you? …Yes, it’s no problem. I have a guest room on the ground floor and he can sleep there…. Absolutely we’ll see that he gets home in the morning…. No, it won’t be any problems. He’s a well behaved young man…. Yes, we’ll have to get together for dinner some night.”

“Andy, your mother said you had to sleep on the floor since she doesn’t want you to mess up my bed.”

He looked at me and didn’t know if I was serious or kidding. After a few seconds, “I’m kidding, I‘d never let you sleep on the floor. You’re too nice of a kid to do that, but we have to get you home in the morning, after breakfast.”

“Come on Andy, Alan has more reading to do so why don’t we walk down by the river. Maybe we’ll see some fish.”

I went back to my reading and they walked to the river holding hands. I knew tonight Cody would tell me what he and Andy talked about.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Could Andy be cutter ?

What did you have in mind? Hero worship. I think every young boy has someone they admire.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Interesting I think that Andy is going to be a permanent fixture in the house, awesome chapter

He's moving in that direction, but I don't think it will happen. His family cares about him. I'm sure he will spend time there, more than normal, at least for a while.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Andy is cute kid and he has found a role model in Corey.

Yes he has. Cody will help him. It might lead to some changes for Alan and Cody

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

If they buy the Lodge and Cody runs it I think I know who their first hire will be

Turning the roast on a spit in the fire place, right?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I'd bet that Andy would scrub the place with a toothbrush if it meant he could be near his hero, lol.

Probably, but I don't think Alan or Cody would want him to do that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Andy’s a good young man. Great chapter!

He is, someone to be around, always positive and he has a role model.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..