Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,201 Words
  • 2,555 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Clarion - 6. Chapter 6

As I entered the diner, I looked for Cody. I saw his truck outside so I knew he was here. As I began to move toward his table, my phone rang. It was my New York realtor. He said he has an offer on my apartment. We talked a bit about it, I made a counter offer. I told him if they took the apartment as is, I would accept their offer otherwise to make a counter offer between what I asked and what they offered.

Then I gave Cody a hug. “Quick, how long can you stay?"

Cody began to laugh. Just then an older man sat down at our table. "Alan, this is Ralph. I’m on vacation for the next two weeks and Ralph is going to take over the route."

"Does that mean you're going to start your vacation today?"

"Yep, how does that grab you?"

If we weren't in the diner I’d give him a kiss that would’ve blown his socks off. After eating, and much smiling, we unloaded the rig, putting the boxes in my car. The trunk was full, the back seat was full and Cody had to hold a box on his lap. As uncomfortable it may have been, we couldn't stop smiling.

As I drove around the bend, I pointed to the Clarion River and the house. "Holy hell, Alan, I had no idea. The house is beautiful. I'll marry you tomorrow if the inside is as beautiful as the outside. "

I just smiled that Cody was that impressed. If all goes well, this’ll be his home as well. Turning into the drive way, Cody kept stretching his neck one way then another. I pushed the button that opened the garage door. Cody's eyes opened wide, "Good god, there’s enough room in here for a truck as well as your car."

I just chucked as we entered the house through the garage. I showed Cody the master bedroom. "Holly hell Alan, my whole apartment could fit in here."

As we walked around upstairs, I could only imagine what he would say when we went downstairs. And true to my words, he was speechless. He just looked at the place, and then looked at me, back to a particular feature, then to me again. Never stop smiling. I open the doors to the patio and guided him out. "This is unbelievable. I've never seen a place like this. It's beautiful."

"Yes, it’s a dream of mine that has come true. I’m really glad that you like it. I hope you’ll think of this place as being your home."

He grabbed in a tight hug, there were tears in his eyes. Softly he whispered in my ears, "I knew I was falling in love with you, but offering me an opportunity to share your life here is beyond my expectations."

We unloaded the car, opening boxes, placing things in the appropriate area, stopping every once in a while for a kiss. “Once we get these boxes empty, we have to go shopping. There’s hardly any food here and as much as I wish it was possible, we can't live on love alone."

I asked Cody to make a shopping list, I would mention we needed laundry soap, Cody would add also dryer sheets. And that was how the grocery list was completed.

We headed to the only supermarket in town. I took a buggy, Cody took a buggy, splitting the list, we would meet at the checkout. I quickly came to the conclusion that we would need more than 2 carts. I hardly completed two aisles when my cart was almost full. I asked one of the stock boys where I could place my cart and keep shopping with another empty cart. He took the cart and placed it up front by an empty cashier’s station. I started to fill the second cart when I spotted Cody he had a full cart as well. We did a quick check and there were only a few things we needed to complete the list. Cody took my cart and I took his and headed to the check out.

A lot of it was items you only need to buy once a month, so I knew the next time, it’ll probably be third of this. I began to line up the carts, when the manager came over. He introduced himself as Don and told us he would check us out rather than tie up one of his other cashiers. That was fine with us. As he started ringing up the order, “Jeff, will you please pack this order and help them out to the car"

"Thanks Don, my name is Alan and this is my best friend Cody. We appreciate the service. I may need to take Jeff home with me to help carry all this into the house,"

Don looked at Jeff, "When does your shift end, Jeff?"

"Actually, I'm off now. I just hung around to help out once I saw this order. I could go with you to help unload all of these groceries."

"That’d be great. Do you have your own car?"

"I have a truck. Living in the country you need a truck. I live on a farm so a truck comes in handy."

I looked at Cody, "We may need a truck to get this home." Cody chuckled and nodded his head in agreement.

After everything was paid, Jeff and Cody started to move the buggies to the car, "That’s a lot of groceries. Did you just move here?"

"Yes, I just built my home on the Clarion River. We just arrived yesterday and I need to stock the basics as well as a few weeks of food."

"Paul tells me that’s some house you built."

"Thanks, but if you are out that way drop in for a cup of coffee or to do some fishing."

Waving I left as Cody started to blow the horn. Jeff followed us to the house. "I wish I was riding with Jeff just to see his expression when he sees the house."

"Cody, pull the car all the way in and lets see if there is enough room for a truck." Cody did and there was enough room for the truck, just barely.

When Jeff got out of the truck he had a big smile on his face, "This place is fucking amazing." I guess he realized what he said and blushed. I patted him on the back and said it was ok, once!

It didn't take us long to bring the food to the kitchen. The pantry really came in handy; all of the can goods were placed on the shelves along with the fresh vegetables. With all the food put away, Cody asked if we were going to eat lunch or starve until dinner time. I gave him a ha-ha look and asked Jeff if he wanted to stay for lunch. Want to guess what his answer was. Noah hadn't delivered the dining room furniture yet, so we ate standing up at the counter.

After lunch we took a walk down to the river. Cody and Jeff, ‘definitely fishing tomorrow'.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 18
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

'e don't 'alf muck around innit!?!?

Also, are they not fishing tomorrow or am I missing something?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Buz said:

'e don't 'alf muck around innit!?!?

Also, are they not fishing tomorrow or am I missing something?

???

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Buz said:

'e don't 'alf muck around innit!?!?

Also, are they not fishing tomorrow or am I missing something?

I am not sure about fishing tomorrow. I think Cody needs his fishing gear.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

What don't you understand? The cockney speaking Buz? 

 

👍 You lost me there. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Tonyr said:

👍 You lost me there. 

You respond with question marks, I thought there was a question as to what Buz had said in the previous comment.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tonyr said:

???

"He doesn't half muck around eh?"

They have moved quite quickly as a couple :)

Unless you meant my comment about the fishing? People asked about it and the last sentence was, '...Cody and Jeff, ‘definitely fishing tomorrow'.

 

Edited by Buz
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, so they finally get moved in bar the dining room table set, interesting chapter ahead with the fishing

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Buz said:

"He doesn't half muck around eh?"

They have moved quite quickly as a couple :)

Unless you meant my comment about the fishing? People asked about it and the last sentence was, '...Cody and Jeff, ‘definitely fishing tomorrow'.

 

Yep you got that right

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, so they finally get moved in bar the dining room table set, interesting chapter ahead with the fishing

And some surprises

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Looks like they picked up a friend in Jeff.Well for me I've come across a new term I Haden't in this context before.The word Buggy was used to what I assume means shopping cart.It sounded British to me or is that a term used in Pennsylvania?I remember growing up a few years in Massachusetts they had words for things nobody else had.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, so they finally get moved in bar the dining room table set, interesting chapter ahead with the fishing

Yep, first Cody has to go an get a rod, or maybe Jeff can loan him one.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I'd be buying a plane ticket to join them if it wasn't for trump, lol 😂

I can drive you there,. oh wait, I forgot I don't have a drivers license anymore. 🙂

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Looks like they picked up a friend in Jeff.Well for me I've come across a new term I Haden't in this context before.The word Buggy was used to what I assume means shopping cart.It sounded British to me or is that a term used in Pennsylvania?I remember growing up a few years in Massachusetts they had words for things nobody else had.

Yep, you sure got it. No sure whey I used buggy. Hmm I have traveled a lot, must have used it in the past somewhere. You're right I should have used shopping cart.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, crazyd said:

Buggy is used in the south also. I hope Jeff's not going to become a problem for them later on. 

That is where I heard that term. I lived in the south for 16 years. I knew the term was used somewhere. Thanks for clarifying that and making me feel; better about using that term.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Mancunian said:

I'd be buying a plane ticket to join them if it wasn't for trump, lol 😂

Be cautious

As for CLJobe, another great chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Be cautious

As for CLJobe, another great chapter!

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying this story. It's meant to be a story of love. I hope it measures up.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..