Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 811 Words
  • 1,640 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Boy with No Name - 3. Chapter 3

I was just about to leave when Jesse sat right next to me on the couch.
“Sup, Jamie. So how do you like Montana?” he asked.
“Um, yeah, I guess. I haven’t really seen much of it. I was asleep in the car when we got here.”
“Oh, well, I’m sure you’ll like it. I love it here.” said Jesse.
I felt a big knot in my throat. I tried to swallow it, but it wouldn’t go away. I was so nervous that I didn’t know what to do with myself.
“I’m sure I will too. I guess I have to since I’ll be living here for a while.” I said.
“Boys! Dinner!” hollered my grandma. Saved by the third meal of the day!
I was scared because he looked even hotter clean than he did all sweaty. Then again, the hot and sweaty thing was a little bit of a turn on.
We walked to the table and Timmy was somehow already sting at it.
“You’re in my seat,” Jesse said to Timmy.
“Oh Jesse, just sit next to Jamie.” said grandma.
I looked at Timmy with squinty eyes and he shot me a mischievous smile. I sat in my chair and Jesse sat next to me and we all started to serve ourselves.
“Jesse, why don’t you take my grandsons to town and show them around after dinner? I think that would be nice.” said grandma.
“Sure, I can do that.” said Jesse.
“Would you like that boys?” asked grandma.
“Actually, I’m kind of beat grandma, but I don’t want to stop Jesse and Jamie from going.” said Timmy.
I made my squinty eyes at Timmy again. It’s a good thing no one noticed.
“Well, then it looks like it’ll be just Jamie and Jesse.” said grandma.
Great. Alone with Jesse. I ate as slowly as I possible so that way I could stall going to town with Jesse for as long as possible.
After I ate, I went upstairs to change because apparently summer nights in Montana are pretty cool when it comes to temperature.
As I was coming back down the stairs, Timmy was coming up them.
“Have fun with Ranch Boy.” he teased.
“Shut up. How could you do this to me?” I asked.
“Oh, so you admit it! You do have a crush on him.”
“Keep it down, Timmy. I don’t want him to hear.”
Timmy started to chuckle. “I can’t believe I was right.”
“This is not funny, Timmy. It’s not like when guys have a crush on a girl. It’s a lot more complicated than that. This can turn really ugly really fast. So keep your mouth shut.”
“Hey, scout’s honor.”
“You weren’t a scout, Timmy.”
“Well, you know what I mean.” said Timmy.
“Alright, this is the last time we talk about this subject unless I say other wise.” I said and then walked down the rest of the steps.
Jesse was downstairs all ready to go to town. He had on a dark brown leather jacket, a solid beige button down shirt underneath and solid black jeans. He was missing the hat this time, but it was okay, I got to see his brown hair that seemed to have blonde highlights.
This stumped me, because he didn’t seem to be the type to highlight his hair. His hair fell gently onto his forehead and barely into his hazel eyes. I took a big gulp to prepare myself for what might be coming.
He smiled when he saw me. It practically sent me to my knees. I buckled.
“Are you okay?” Jesse asked. “We can go some other night if you’re not feelin’ well.”
“No, I’m fine.” I said.
We left the ranch and got into his truck.
“So, this is your truck?” I asked.
“Yep, my dad got it fer me when I got my license.”
“Hmm,” I simply said and we were off.
It took about ten minutes to get into town.
“So this is Jackson, Montana.” said Jesse as he drove us down Main Street.
“Fascinating” I said.
The town was small. There were a bunch of little shops and they all had lights above them. There were a bunch of kids walking around and laughing.
“They’re all going to Jake’s. It’s a bar in town that doesn’t require ID to get in. It’s pretty much the cool hang out, I guess.”
“Well, is there a place that’s pretty cool that isn’t full of people?”
“Well, there’s this hill next to Jackson Pond. I like to sit on top and watch the sunset sometimes with my girlfriend Stacy.”
Great. Even better. He has a girlfriend. She’s probably the prettiest girl in school too.
“So when do I get to meet her?” I asked.
“Who?...Oh Stacy? I don’t know. Maybe tomorrow. I’m supposed to have lunch with her.”

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..