Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 884 Words
  • 1,599 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Boy with No Name - 7. Chapter 7

“Now be careful boys.” said my mom as Jesse, Timmy and I were getting ready to leave.
“Don’t worry mom. We’ll be safe.” I reassured her.
She looked to Jesse. “You look out for my boys, okay Jesse.”
“Sure will Mrs. Walker.” Jesse answered.
The three of us packed my parents’ car and Jesse drove us to Stacy’s house. She rushed out, put her bag in the trunk and Timmy moved to the backseat with me so that way Stacy could sit with Jesse in the front.
Jesse drove us the three hours to Billings. We checked into the hotel. Jesse started to follow Stacy, but she stopped him.
“What do you think you’re doing?” she asked him with an attitude.
“Going to our room,” answered Jesse.
“No, no, no you’re staying with the boys. I need space.” said Stacy.
Great. Not only was I going to party with Jesse, but now I was going to share a hotel room with him.
“But…”
“But nothing, Jesse. Shoo.” she said.
Jesse walked behind us with his head down.
“Access De-nied!” yelled Timmy in a joke.
We settled into our hotel room.
“So how is the sleeping going to be arranged?” asked Jesse.
“I guess I’ll sleep on the floor.” I said.
“Oh don’t do that. It’s your guys’ hotel room. I’ll sleep o the floor.” said Jesse.
“It’s no biggy. It’s good for my back.” I said.
“What have you ever done to hurt your back?” asked Timmy.
“Shut…up Timmy.” I said in annoyance.
“Aren’t you guys brothers?” asked Jesse.
“Yeah, so?” Timmy and I asked in harmony.
“So why are you always fighting?”
“We’re brothers.” said Timmy.
“Brothers are supposed to fight.” I said.
Jesse smiled and I buckled again.
“I’m, uh, going to use the bathroom,” I said. I made my way to the bathroom.
“Don’t be too long. It’ll be way too HARD to make a decision on who sleeps where!” teased Timmy before I went in. I couldn’t believe he actually said that. I slammed the door and collected took deep breaths to calm myself down before I went out to face Jesse again.
I turned on the faucet and threw some water on my face. Some of my hair got wet and my bangs stuck to my forehead. I hate that.
I wiped my hair out of my face and went back out to Jesse and Timmy.
“So, what do we do until it’s time go out to party?” I asked.
“Chill I guess.” said Timmy.
“Ugh, it’s so boring.” I said.
“I’m going to get something to eat in the diner. Do you guys want to come?” asked Timmy.
“I’m not hungry.” said Jesse.
“I’ll go.” I said, not wanting to be alone with Jesse.
“No, actually, I’d rather be alone.” said Timmy. I wanted to deck him, but I couldn’t let Jesse see that.
Timmy left, to my dismay. I turned around and saw Jesse lying on the bed and flipping through silent TV channels.
I went over to my bag and got out my sketch book. I started to sketch just whatever I saw in my head.
“I want another shot.” said Jesse.
I stopped sketching and looked up at him.
“What?” I asked.
“I want another shot at lookin’ at your sketches.” he finished. “The last time was kind of cut short.”
“That’s not my fault.” I said.
“Oh come on, let me see them.” he kept on.
“No,” I said. “You had your chance.”
“Come on, you can’t blame that only on me. I was ambushed.” he said.
Of course I couldn’t only blame it on him. It was kind of a messed up way to find out about me, but I couldn’t let him see the book, not now. I couldn’t risk him seeing the one of him.
“Sorry, like I said. You’ve had your chance.”
Jesse turned off the television and sat up on the bed.
“Jamie,” he let the end of my name linger. “Jamie…”
He got up and started to inch towards me. I got up and walked to the other side of the bed to face opposite him and the next thing I know, he’s reaching from behind me and trying to grab my book. I curl upon the bed to protect my book and he’s behind me, on the bed, trying to grab it from me.
“No! You can’t.” I laughed. I was tremendously ticklish and his touch was tickling me.
“Come on, Jamie. Just a peek.” he said.
“No” I was still laughing.
“Why are you laughing?” he asked. I didn’t need to answer for him to figure it out. “Are you ticklish?” He started to now purposely tickle me. I broke out in an uproarious laugh.
“Oh fuck! Stop! Please!” I laughed. “No, no, no, no! Ahhh!”
He finally got the book from me. I got up from the bed and fixed my clothes. There was no stopping him from looking at it now.
I sat at the end of one of the beds and he sat on the other.
“Shit, Walker…” he said. “These are really good.”
“You told me that already.” I said.
He stopped and blankly looked at the page again. I knew that face. I knew he was looking at his portrait.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..