Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 843 Words
  • 1,569 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Boy with No Name - 4. Chapter 4

“Is there a place where I can get a cappuccino?”
“Um, sure we can head over to Mr. Grinds Coffee House.”
He pulled into this little coffee house that wasn’t crowded, but it wasn’t empty either.
We sat at a small round table for two. The customers were staring at me. I guess they’ve never seen anyone wear as much black as I do or dress as extravagantly as I do.
A tiny framed waitress in a green apron came up to us asking for our orders. I ordered mocha and Jesse ordered a caramel.
“So, do you like what you’ve seen of Montana?” asked Jesse.
“It’s sweet. It’s not really what I’m used to, but I think I could start to like it here.”
“I’m glad. I know how claustrophobic people can get when they move here from bigger cities.”
The waitress brought our coffees.
“So what do you like to do in your spare time?” asked Jesse.
“Well, I’m really into sketching.”
“Are you any good? I would love to see some.” said Jesse.
“I don’t know. I don’t really show my sketches to people.”
“Well, I’m not people. You’re going to be living with me.”
“I live with my brother and he’s never seen any of my sketches.” Jesse smiled his invincible smile at me and I gave in. “Oh, okay, maybe I’ll show you a couple when we get back.”
“Oh then we must go! We must go right now!” Jesse put money down for the coffees and pulled me out of my chair.
“Wait, where are you taking me?”
“I said I would show you around town and that’s what I’m doing.”
He ran, pulling me behind him, and called out the names of the stores we passed as we passed them. He took me up the left side of Main Street and then down the right side, still yelling out store names and pushing through the crowds as he did it. I laughed and laughed having the most fun that I’ve had in months.
We finally went through all of Main Street and we ended up by his truck. I bent down and put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.
“What was that for?” I asked huffing, puffing, and laughing.
“Well you said that when we get back that you would show me your sketches. I ran to show you all of town so that way we can get back.” Jesse answered.
“You really want to see my sketches that badly?” I asked, my breath a little bit more tame.
“I do” he answered.
“Well you could’ve just said so.” I said.
“Let’s go then.”
We got into Jesse’s truck and he drove us back to the ranch. The sun was already down and only a few lights in the ranch house were on. The light to my room was off as well which meant my brother was already asleep.
“We can look at them in my room.” said Jesse.
Great. I really didn’t want to. I didn’t want to do anything I’d regret in a daze. But I couldn’t turn back now. I’d promised him I’d show him on the way here in the truck.
“Okay,” I said. I snuck into my room to hear the light snoring sounds of my brother. I ruffled through my bag and got my book. He would surely know that I’m gay now. Most of my sketches were of men. Some were even nude.
I carefully closed my bedroom door and went into Jesse’s. He’s taken his shirt off and was in only his tank once again. His jeans were replaced with sweatpants and he was barefoot.
“Okay, let’s see then.” he said scooting over on the loveseat that he was sitting on in the corner of his room. I sat nervously next to him and handed him the book of my sketches.
He opened up to the first one and it was of little kids playing in a park. He smiled at me.
“This is really good.” he said. I shyly smiled as he turned to the next one. It was of an old woman sitting on a bench. Then, he turned to the dreaded third page.
It was a man without a shirt shooting baskets. He didn’t catch on. The next one was of a naked man sitting in a chair. He stopped and stared blankly at the page.
“Listen, Jesse, I know that you know what this means. You’re a smart guy. I want you to know that no one knows that I’m gay except for my brother. I trust you to keep this a secret.”
I could hear him gulp. He slowly closed the sketch book and gave it back.
“You’re gay?”
“Yes” I simply answered.
He scooted away from me a bit.
“I think you should go.” said Jesse.
I got up and quietly left his room. I walked down the hall and went into my room. I changed and got into bed. There was nothing more I could do.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..