Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 712 Words
  • 1,515 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Boy with No Name - 6. Chapter 6

He sat there fidgeting as if he didn’t really know what to say or he was building up the courage to say whatever he had came to say.

“What are you here for then, Jesse? Why are you suddenly talking to me?” I asked.

“You just took me off guard. I wasn’t expecting you to be. We don’t really get a lot of those here in Jackson.” answered Jesse.

“So, you were giving me the silent treatment because you were caught off guard?”

“I wasn’t giving you the silent treatment. I just didn’t know what to say.”

“What’s changed? Why do you suddenly have something to say.”

“I don’t know. I guess I’ve had time to get used to it.”

“Well you’ve said your peace. Now you can go back in with your girlfriend.” I said.

“I don’t want this to be it for us.”

“What?” That sounded weird.

“I mean…I would like us to be friends. We are the same age and we will be going to the same school and will probably be in a lot of the same classes.”

“So you want us to be not because you like me, but because it’s inevitable?”

“No, that’s not what I meant by that.” he paused, stumbling over his words. “I meant that it won’t work for you to stay mad at me. We’re going to be seeing each other every day, practically all day.”

“I don’t get you Jesse Clark.” I said with a smirk.

“Well, Jamie Walker, it’s only just begun.” said Jesse. “Now, are you going to come back in?”

I took a deep breath. I wasn’t sure that I was ready. He was being so nice to me and I didn’t know if I had the nerve to be nice to his girlfriend.

“Just give me a minute. I’ll be right in.” I told him.

“Alright, I’ll be waiting.” he said and got up to go back into Jake’s.

I took a deep breath. I knew that I shouldn’t go in there. I knew that staying angry with him would probably be the smartest path to go in, but I just couldn’t. Once he looked at me with those green eyes, I just couldn’t say no.

I walked back into Jake’s and the first thing I saw was Jesse and Stacy with their lips locked. I froze, but I knew that I had to go in. I couldn’t let on that I was upset to see them kissing. Anyway, they’re a couple. They should be kissing.

I walked over to the table, and to my relief they stopped kissing.

“What was that about?” asked Timmy.

“I just needed some air.” I said.

“Well, while you were out there we decided that we should all go to Billings. I know this guy who can get us fake IDs so we can get into the clubs. We can make an overnight of it.” said Stacy.

“Well what would we tell our parents?” I asked.

“There’s a college tour for high school kids in Billings next Saturday. Billing’s is too far to come back on the same night.”

“Hon, they’re going to want us to bring adult supervision.” said Jesse. I cringed when he said ‘Hon’.

“Timmy here is already eighteen. Hello!” said Stacy.

“You think they’ll buy that?” asked Jesse.

“My parent’s definitely won’t.” I said. “They’d sooner buy me as our parental supervision.”

“Yeah, Jamie’s right.” said Timmy. “He’s way more responsible than I am.”

“We can make it work and if it doesn’t work, we’ll just come here where they don’t ask for IDs.”

“Let’s do it.” said Jesse. “I can ask my dad tonight.”

So we all agreed to talk to our parents about it. I personally didn’t think that it would work. But…somehow it did. My parents thought it would be good for me to see more of Montana and thought it would better that Jesse goes so they can split a hotel room bill with Anderson. They had no idea that Stacy was going, of course.

The day after both Anderson and my parents gave an affirmative answer to the Billings trip, we got word that Stacy’s parents had said yes as well. So, it was on. It was on like Donkey Kong.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..