Jump to content

We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes, Charlie Boone! 24. Charlie Boone

   (6 reviews)

The guys are rolling along now with their business, Third Planet Inquiries, and it looks like their future is secure. Good ol’ planet earth has a lot of strange things going on that need to be investigated! And as Halloween approaches, Kippy is hoping something will come up to occupy their attention, something creepy or spooky, in keeping with that holiday. So, when Amy gets a strange phone call, things start to get interesting, and the guys are off on another adventure, just in time for Halloween!

Copyright © 2023 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 10
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 7
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 9
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 10
  • World Building 10

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,850 Words
    • 1,444 Views
    • 51 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 7,521 Words
    • 920 Views
    • 35 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 7,265 Words
    • 922 Views
    • 52 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 7,397 Words
    • 815 Views
    • 38 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 7,565 Words
    • 821 Views
    • 27 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 7,402 Words
    • 648 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 7,154 Words
    • 899 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 9,911 Words
    • 1,346 Views
    • 88 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This new Charlie Boone Halloween story is another great addition to this universe.  Kippy wants something creepy or spooky but ends up with both.  There's a mysterious haunted house to investigate, a creepy ghost that seems dangerous and our intrepid investigators are out to solve the mystery and eliminate a perplexing problem. This is another must-read story from one of my favorite authors.  

Response from the author:

Thank you, as always, for your kind words! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
Al Norris

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Whenever you open up a new Charlie Boone story, the only thing you can be sure of is its Holiday Theme. Maybe. Sort of. Sometimes?

Ah, who am I kidding? Geron is a master storyteller and his Charlie Boone series are among the finest you might read anywhere.

Here we have another Halloween story. But it's not just your everyday spook story. Haunted Houses, Strange Creatures, Ghosts, the Walking Dead, and even multidimensional critters that are too weird to describe.

If this is the only Charlie Boone story you read, then you won't be disappointed... You might even be tempted to read them all!

Response from the author:

Wow. A very nice review, and thank you! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Once again we are treated, or is that tricked, into reading another tale in the Charlie Boon compendium, and it does not disappoint.

Well written, engaging and as expected, full of surprises!! 

Take the time to read this, you won't regret it!!

Response from the author:

Thank you! See you at Christmas, I hope! :)

 

  • Love 5
Link to review
wenmale64

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Another must read story in the Charlie Boone worlds. Geron has taken our adventurers on a trip to a new haunted house, with new ghosts and a whole new serving of fun!  Come on up the lane and hold on while you say "Trick or Treat". You WILL get what you asked for.......... Geron has again created art with words and given us a whole new way to enjoy the holiday.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the continuous support, buddy! :)

 

 

  • Love 8
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The 24th Charlie Boone adventure will have you gripped right from the beginning.

Halloween, Haunted Houses and a Creepy ghost. Plenty to keep Charlie and his fellow investigators busy.

Another must read from @Geron Kees.

Response from the author:

Thank you for coming along! :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I thought I had already reviewed this unusual and excellent story, but I will remedy that now.

This story deserves six stars out of five, as do the large majority of Geron's stories.  However, the system does not permit that.  Charlie and the investigators at Third Planet Inquiries (TPI) are investigating a strange phenomenon of someone or something that appears to be made out of leaves.  Kip discovers a new talent.  Rick's cousin Annie makes a couple of brief appearances, and a new friend, Mildred, shows up.

Most of what happens is not obvious, until the plot threads start to weave together, culminating in an unusual meeting in a library in a special location, followed by another surprise.  While it would be helpful to have read the previous entries in the series, it is not strictly necessary.

Well done as always, Geron.

Response from the author:

Thank you, as always, for the very kind nudge to keep at my keyboard! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..