Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

This chapter is unpublished.
    Jwolf
  • Author
  • 11,004 Words
  • 2,207 Views
  • 21 Comments

The English Year - 36. Tear Night Pt. 1

Tear Night Pt. 1 was unpublished for the following reason(s):

  • Removed at request of another publisher
Copyright © 2016 Jwolf; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 5
  • Wow 3

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ah yes...men aren’t used to feeling small and powerless so Hutch and Dom will be furious - irrationally so, for a while and it will show up in unexpected ways.  I guess Hutch was coming up to tell him pretty much what he said on the stairs though, albeit in a calmer fashion.

As someone who absolutely loves putting the screws to people like this, I was cheering Corbin on during that whole meeting with Hutch and Dom.

But honestly, neither of them have much of a leg to stand on - they tried to manipulate Corbin and he turned the tables. They gambled...and lost. The only thing hurting them is their egos, but that’s what a lot of fraternity politics boil down to in the end anyways.

Though I expect better from Corbin - forgetting to lock the door is ridiculously careless on his part ;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Lee is going to be pissed about David and Corbin.

There's something about the fact that Lee apparently told David all about...well, them (and Lee wouldn't just go offering that up for no reason) - that makes me wonder whether Lee isn't already expecting them to hook up. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Lee is going to be pissed about David and Corbin.

What gives you that impression? Haha. 
I really enjoyed writing the next scene between Corbin and Lee. We’ll see how it all plays out 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Israfil said:

Ah yes...men aren’t used to feeling small and powerless so Hutch and Dom will be furious - irrationally so, for a while and it will show up in unexpected ways.  I guess Hutch was coming up to tell him pretty much what he said on the stairs though, albeit in a calmer fashion.

As someone who absolutely loves putting the screws to people like this, I was cheering Corbin on during that whole meeting with Hutch and Dom.

But honestly, neither of them have much of a leg to stand on - they tried to manipulate Corbin and he turned the tables. They gambled...and lost. The only thing hurting them is their egos, but that’s what a lot of fraternity politics boil down to in the end anyways.

Though I expect better from Corbin - forgetting to lock the door is ridiculously careless on his part ;)

Amateur mistake with the door, but we all slip up from time to time. It’ll be interesting how the power shifts from Don to Hutch as our guys prepare to be seniors and take over, and what that means for Corbin not having a doormat like Dom in charge. I did love Corbin telling them that their egos are only bruised because he plays the game better than they do 🙂 more to come!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, MJ85 said:

There's something about the fact that Lee apparently told David all about...well, them (and Lee wouldn't just go offering that up for no reason) - that makes me wonder whether Lee isn't already expecting them to hook up. :P

I consider Lee more using that info as a leg up on his pledge class. I screwed Corbin, he can’t get enough of me, we’re brothers but I’m better than you. At least that’s how Lee’s character to me would spread that info. I DEF don’t see him implying ‘Corbin is a great lay, go see for yourself’. I’m excited for Lee’s reaction in the next chapter. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jwolf said:

I consider Lee more using that info as a leg up on his pledge class. I screwed Corbin, he can’t get enough of me, we’re brothers but I’m better than you. At least that’s how Lee’s character to me would spread that info.

Spoiler alert? :P

 

1 hour ago, Jwolf said:

I DEF don’t see him implying ‘Corbin is a great lay, go see for yourself’.

No...rather, I was figuring, why would he tell just anybody? Why tell David of all people just to brag? (Plus also, the possibility that lovestruck David slipped up somewhere we (and Corbin) wouldn't otherwise be privy to.)

 

Does this mean we should expect him to go full-on dynamite explosion when he finds out as opposed to simmering his anger into some kind of future power play? :P

Edited by MJ85
  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, MJ85 said:

Spoiler alert? :P

 

No...rather, I was figuring, why would he tell just anybody? Why tell David of all people just to brag? (Plus also, the possibility that lovestruck David slipped up somewhere we (and Corbin) wouldn't otherwise be privy to.)

 

Does this mean we should expect him to go full-on dynamite explosion when he finds out as opposed to simmering his anger into some kind of future power play? :P

My lips are hereby sealed. Until next chapter of course. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, MJ85 said:

There's something about the fact that Lee apparently told David all about...well, them (and Lee wouldn't just go offering that up for no reason) - that makes me wonder whether Lee isn't already expecting them to hook up. :P

The problem isn't about David and Corbin hooking up. The problem is Corbin choosing David over Lee for his Little. That's where I see him getting pissed, because it therefore implies that David is better than Lee in Corbin's eyes. (It's more like David is the safe choice while Corbin knows that Lee is a manipulative narcissist.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

The problem isn't about David and Corbin hooking up. The problem is Corbin choosing David over Lee for his Little. That's where I see him getting pissed, because it therefore implies that David is better than Lee in Corbin's eyes. (It's more like David is the safe choice while Corbin knows that Lee is a manipulative narcissist.)

Now that makes more sense.

 

The one potential X-factor in this is - technically, we don't know yet that Lee was the other guy who picked Corbin. Dom and Hutch never actually confirmed that Lee was the second guy - Corbin just guessed that Lee and David were the two, and from among those two choices in his mind, decided to give up Lee. David is obviously confirmed as one - but what if Lee did actually pick someone else?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

On another note, I don’t know why Corbin even entertains the thought that there is any possibility with Pete now that they both burned that bridge so thoroughly.

Frankly, it seems like Corbin puts the screws to just about everyone that he has any kind of a relationship with, be they friends or more than friends. Maybe Pete is wise to keep a gulf between them.

Another good chapter, Jwolf. Please keep them coming.

Edited by Arran
  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Arran said:

On another note, I don’t know why Corbin even entertains the thought that there is any possibility with Pete now that they both burned that bridge so thoroughly.

Frankly, it seems like Corbin puts the screws to just about everyone that he has any kind of a relationship with, be they friends or more than friends. Maybe Pete is wise to keep a gulf between them.

Another good chapter, Jwolf. Please keep them coming.

There’s a lot to the Corbin/Pete relationship that got us to this point, and even more that will propel us forward, and I think the conversation with Austin in the store points to that. Not a spoiler, but my beta reader pointed out its telling Corbin didn’t even mention his past relationship with Nick, and yet Pete is still the gold standard- even when they’re on the outs, he lingers around. I see where you’re coming from when it looks like Corbin has all these other guys in tow, but I think at this point they both understand that bridge might be rickety, but is it really burnt down? I guess we’ll see! Thanks for the reply!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Jwolf said:

Not a spoiler, but my beta reader pointed out its telling Corbin didn’t even mention his past relationship with Nick, and yet Pete is still the gold standard- even when they’re on the outs, he lingers around.

I’ll have to reread that part again.

Link to comment

Extremely glad you took up this story again. I’d missed Corbin’s masterful sexual politics with mild sociopathic tendencies. 

I feel like Hutch is going to play some pivotal role at some point. He’s unafraid of Corbin while the latter would be extremely reluctant to go after him the way he does other people.

I enjoyed the David Marcossi buildup, but I can’t wait to see the Brit back in play. I do enjoy Corbin’s agonising longing and his efforts to pull himself up against a guy who emotionally has the upper hand against him.

keep them coming :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, mfa607 said:

That was awesome ! Thank you. 

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying the story. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Toxmax said:

Extremely glad you took up this story again. I’d missed Corbin’s masterful sexual politics with mild sociopathic tendencies. 

I feel like Hutch is going to play some pivotal role at some point. He’s unafraid of Corbin while the latter would be extremely reluctant to go after him the way he does other people.

I enjoyed the David Marcossi buildup, but I can’t wait to see the Brit back in play. I do enjoy Corbin’s agonising longing and his efforts to pull himself up against a guy who emotionally has the upper hand against him.

keep them coming :)

 

Thanks for the review. More to come very soon. You’re the first person to make that Hutch comment and connection, which is surprising to me. I won’t spoil which way things go, but you’re right in that Corbin has to deal with someone he cares for and respects and isn’t afraid of him in a VERY different way. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

HUTCH, once again, shows the leadership and mental fortitude as a leader instead of a lame-ass. As tense as the relationship has been between Dom and Corbin, one can't really begrudge Corbin for the leverage move he played against Dom. Had it been anyone else, Hutch for example, I'm hoping Corbin would've just shared as a brother would. Of course, if you act like a stoic jackass the entire time - which Dom pretty much has been presented as - asking a favor is really a bitch ... especially when it's from the one person you've ostracized the whole time because you're a homophobic asshat. My question, how does one go 3 1/2 years without getting a little ... that's just unheard of. Says a couple of things loud and clear - he's a lazyass, a dumbass, or just an ass in general... 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Chris L said:

HUTCH, once again, shows the leadership and mental fortitude as a leader instead of a lame-ass. As tense as the relationship has been between Dom and Corbin, one can't really begrudge Corbin for the leverage move he played against Dom. Had it been anyone else, Hutch for example, I'm hoping Corbin would've just shared as a brother would. Of course, if you act like a stoic jackass the entire time - which Dom pretty much has been presented as - asking a favor is really a bitch ... especially when it's from the one person you've ostracized the whole time because you're a homophobic asshat. My question, how does one go 3 1/2 years without getting a little ... that's just unheard of. Says a couple of things loud and clear - he's a lazyass, a dumbass, or just an ass in general... 

I think you may be sweet on Hutch a bit. No surprise, Corbin used to be as well. I’m VERY excited about where their relationship goes from here, let me tell you. I hope you enjoy it. 

Link to comment

Okay, so as usual we see Corbin being Corbin, just insert a new name in the roll of the victim.  If you want to call David a victim, but ultimately that is exactly what he will be, another notch, another victim in Corbin’s mess of a life.  It’s clear to me that Corbin realizes he’s a total fuckup with his relationships, and yet he carelessly deliberately brings in yet another victim to crush in his web.

‘Now as for Hutch, can we get a bit “Holier-than-thou”...yeah maybe he has a right to jump to the conclusion that he does, after all it is Corbin so the behavior is expected could even be shocking if the crazy manipulative behavior isn’t there...but isn’t this the same Hutch, a supposed friend/ally to Corbin, that was just a few hours earlier plotting with someone who is clearly an enemy of Corbin’s against Corbin.  Hello Pot, I’d like to introduce myself, my name is Kettle!

Link to comment

I love reading fraternity stories when they are based upon real events.  I enjoy seeing how Greek life works from one school to another.  I knew of schools that didn’t allow pledging in the fall like we have in this story.  There are those of us that threw the focus into fall rush and less so with the winter/spring semester.  Our campus was this type of system.  If you were Rush Chairman in our house you were 1 of 3 paid officers of the fraternity. Our rush started late spring and hit full stride by the end of June.  By mid-August just a week before classes, the majority of our fall class was already wrapped up.  We threw massive rush parties throughout the summer in the major cities of our state (Oklahoma) as well as focusing on Dallas.  We charted buses to haul as many guys as available to the Dallas rush parties, that was our life line.  Now this was the 80’s and alcohol didn’t have near the restrictions you see now and when I first started college, the drinking age was still 18 (yeah I’m old, fuck you all).  We did have formal rush week in early September and mid January. For our school system at the time only about 25% of the students were Greek, but Greeks held the power.  We usually took 25-30 new pledges in the fall and 10+ in the Spring, anything less was setting us up for financial failure.  My house no longer stands and we’ve been off campus for several years for this exact reason, our rush numbers slipped semester over semester.  Our housing Corp kept things alive for probably 2-3 years before we (I was on the Housing Corporation Board at that point) and shut things down from a housing standpoint. Each campus operates differently when it comes to housing, on ours there was no surviving without one.  Our group lost its charter within a year of us shutting down the house.  To this day, a grandfather clock (purchased by a pledge brother’s parents) sits in my living room waiting/hoping that someday there will be a fraternity house to move it back into. 

 

we paid the Rush Chairman a small stipend and free housing.  Same as President and Treasurer. The rush chairman had to give up any thought of working and earning real money during the summer.  You only got elected to the role with the understanding that was your summer job.  The stipend to the treasurer was the highest , followed by rush, then lastly the President. 
 

I really appreciate all the details Jonathan shares regarding how things worked and I certainly appreciate that he still guards the rituals and secrets of his fraternity. 
 

More info than any of you wanted, but I share anyway.
 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..