Jump to content

The English Year

There are currently no reviews.

Corbin Crowley didn't intend to fall in love during his junior year at Old Dominion University. But he did... and this is what happened.

This story is based on actual events. Names, dates, and locations have all been changed to protect those involved. Some chapters may feature graphic depictions of adult themes. I hope you enjoy going on this journey with me. Comments and questions are welcome and encouraged.
Copyright © 2016 Jwolf; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 9
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

HAHAHA!! I KNOW what pre-lubing is!!! I was just sorta making a joke! =) You're so funny, Jon! :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/16/2013 04:40 PM, semaj565 said:
Where's the update?! haha
Hey semaj! I'm working on it, buddy. Hang in there!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

OMG omg omg omg...I don't trust myself to say anymore out of fear that my major excitement might mess up my keyboard. The gamut of emotions I go through from a single chapter of your work is crazy! I felt so upset in Corbin's defense at the support this freshman skank is getting. I'm glad you're back. I'm a total stan for your work! :worship::worship::worship:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/20/2014 05:05 PM, BlackArrow said:
OMG omg omg omg...I don't trust myself to say anymore out of fear that my major excitement might mess up my keyboard. The gamut of emotions I go through from a single chapter of your work is crazy! I felt so upset in Corbin's defense at the support this freshman skank is getting. I'm glad you're back. I'm a total stan for your work! :worship::worship::worship:
Thanks black arrow! I'm glad that you're a big "stan" lol! Thanks for the review. I look forward to hearing what you think of the upcoming chapters :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really just need Corbin to not with Nick and see what Pete has to say. I mean really he has been waiting so long to get those words from Pete. I get that Pete hurt him (which makes Pete a jerk) but what if Pete was in denial? It really seems that way to me...and I think Corbin was on the right track in thinking he really shouldn't drag a nice guy like Nick into what is going on in his life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/01/2015 09:02 AM, W.E_Rosenthal said:
I really just need Corbin to not with Nick and see what Pete has to say. I mean really he has been waiting so long to get those words from Pete. I get that Pete hurt him (which makes Pete a jerk) but what if Pete was in denial? It really seems that way to me...and I think Corbin was on the right track in thinking he really shouldn't drag a nice guy like Nick into what is going on in his life.
Thanks for the review! Glad you're keeping up with and enjoying the story. I'm on board with your opinion on Pete and Corbin, but you Corbin's decision are Beverly that easy. Expect more drama. More to come!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

It is pretty interesting. But extremely slow - in terms of the main plot. Too slow, in my opinion. I understand building up the story, but this one really takes it's time. Journey down this road if you are patient.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This story began eight years ago in Aug, 2012. The author posted 34 chapters over a span of four years, then abruptly and mysteriously stopped posting more than three years ago and I thought, “Well, another good story cheated of an ending.” Now after well over seven years into the story chapter 35 appears without so much as a reason for the lengthy hiatus. When the story was being posted rather regularly it was without a doubt my favorite and I looked forward to each and every post. Then suddenly nothing. To me, loyal readers deserve more than that. Now I am reluctant to read chapter 35 and continue The English Year because to do it justice, which the story deserves, I would have to reread everything before reading chapter 35, and I’m not sure that I want to do that given that this could very well happen again.

This is why I think that a story, particularly a story as good as this one, should be completed before posting.

I welcome a comment from the author.

Edited by Arran
  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Arran said:

I welcome a comment from the author.

As an author who has three stories on Temporary Hold, I can tell you how difficult it is to keep writing when inspiration and time are lacking. And being met with critical comments, when finally getting back to posting, would be totally demotivating and depressing for me.

I think Jwolf is being brave and awesome to take up the task again after such a long time. As I understand it, he is determined to finish the story. If you worry about this being true, simply wait until The English Year is Complete before reading again.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I can understand why you had to take a break from the weekly time and effort necessary to produce a new chapter.  What I can not understand is how you could simply abandon your readers, who after 34 chapters obviously had some personal investment in the story and deserved better from you.  In lieu of chapter 35,  could you not have published something like the explanation you just provided?  I think your readers would have been supportive and wished you well and waited for the story to resume (well, I guess waiting faithfully for three years is a bit much to expect).

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Glad to see you're back!

I'm happy that you managed to take the time you needed and found your way back to the story. I for one can say it only brings me good feelings to see the story being updated again. The absence was felt, but it didn't make my life worse in any practical way haha.

I hope you enjoy your time back to this story as much as any of us reading it :)

Edited by ghanbrews
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Where oh where are you tonight?

Why did you leave us here all alone?

I searched the site over,

And thought I'd found true prose, 

You took a vacation and,

Phtt! You were gone! 

James Franco Flirt GIF

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Hey Jonathan, I hope 2021 is off to a good start for you.  I noticed the status on The English Year has changed to “Temporary on Hold”.  Has something happened?  Do you have an idea when you might resume?  Take care, John.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Fascinating story, I could not stop reading. I devoured all the chapters in 3 days. Just finished reading and I needed to express how I feel about the way you write. Honestly, this is a great love story in which the main characters happened to be gay...I mean, obviously the situations in which gay Corbin find himself could easily be situations in which any man or woman could be beyond the sexual preference. Which for me is something that makes the story universal. J Wolf, I honestly believe you are a talented, very talented writer that entertains readers and keep them coming back for more. Good job!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

What just happened Jonathan, Chapters 26 - 42 just got unpublished at another publishers request and now the story is in a long-term hold status? I was definitely looking forward to the continuation we spoke about. :(  

Edited by Chris L
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..