Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 998 Words
  • 1,811 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 1. Chapter 1

Here is how you usually start a day when your parents are actually one of those few people who dominates the Fashion trend all around the world. You wake up in your bed, or next to it despite your desperate trying to reach it before you pass out... Or someone's bed, either trying to remember what had happened last night, or wondering who the all are all the dead people snoring next to you. And 24 hours later. Replay. Out boozing up and partying down.
 
Keith awoke when Albert the family servant knocked on his bedroom door with brunch. He squirmed on his Boheme Wheat King Size upholstered four poster Bed, suddenly realized in shock he was not the only one lying there, a muffled grunt emerged under the Dream-sack seamless silk bed sheet next to him.
 
Keith jumped in surprise and almost rolled out off the bed in only his Calvin Klein Low Rise Trunk, which puzzled him more because he could not remember undressing himself...
 
But the rottweiler was faster than him in reaction.
 
"Eldo! Don’t scare me like that!" Keith huffed at his dog half seriously, "Next time you do it again, I promise I will have that Doberman Pinscher back!" Eldo looked at Keith with a tilted head and sat next to the bed, then yawned and lied down on the floor on his legs.
Keith had given his Doberman Pinscher from his uncle William to Malcolm, one of his best mates, because the moment his Rottweiler had seen that Doberman Pinscher entered the door it felt threated and believed that one red carpet with two dogs was just a violation of the Canidae Code, so he stood by his position and guarded the Code with honor, even though that meant he had to break a 13th Century French crystal vase.
 
"Good day Mr. Keith, I brought you your brunch." Albert adjusted the folding mahogany bed desk and put the silver tray on it, then he served the collutory and tower for Keith to clean up and gargle his mouth so the food wouldn't taste like it had just returned from a pleasant trip around another person's stomach. Ewww... It was Keith's tradition, never leave the bed with an empty stomach after a hangover when he was at home, he believed that could help him with a healthy start of the day, and more importantly, to deflate any potential scathe to his perfect body and looks. Of course he could just go for a spa and ask for Manuka honey, acai berries, green and white tea to nourish his already too perfect skin, but every girl had her own fantasy, right? Looks were fatal to Keith's world, everyone had their own theory to maintain a baby skin, even if it meant you had to pee on yourself if you got a bruise, it would make you look better after, much better, but you may want to avoid being seen by paparazzi while doing that, or your boyfriend or girlfriend, or both.
 
"Thanks Albert." Keith spilled the collutory into the Rosslyn Bloodline Goblet, surprised a little at the expensive choice this time, and handed it over to Albert, the loyal servant who had been working for the Efigenio family for over twenty years.
 
He cleaned his hand and face, and then picked up the knife and fork from the silver tray. California Eggs Benedict with Shrimp topped by grated Swiss cheese. Uhmmm yum yum. And the smell of Ernesto added with Indian beans, they always made perfect espresso combination.
 
"Mr. and Mrs. Efigenio left you a letter this morning before their flight to Paris; they said they will be working there for a few months." Albert pointed at the letter lying in the silver tray which Keith had failed to notice.
 
"Uhmm I remember that, they were telling me about that Vintage Fashion Fair one month ago, I hope they are not mad at me for not saying goodbye." Keith sipped his coffee, but he was not serious, he could not remember when was the last time he had said goodbye to his parents when they were leaving long for some meetings or shows.
 
"You did, Mr. Keith, after you got back from your party in Amsterdam yesterday. Mr Elliot sent you back with his jet in the late afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Efigenio were having tea in the guest room, you have greeted them before you went to bed."
 
"Really?" Keith’s eyebrows pulled together; he didn't have the slightest memory about that. He had gone to Amsterdam with Elliot by Elliot's private jet for a party DJed by Tiesto, and then they had gone to this crazy after party organized by the operator of that club where Tiesto had played. "I hope I didn't embarrass myself in front of my parents, again." Keith looked up at Albert, challenging himself for the truth.
 
"You told Mr. and Mrs. Efigenio the sixth benefit you had found out about being in Gay relationship is No argument about the proper positioning of a toilet seat." Albert stood beside the bed solemnly like he had just announced the daily weather report.
 
Keith held back the urge to spill out the coffee with great effort, he raised his left eyebrow and glared at Albert, then took another bite of his California Eggs Benedict, "I didn't giveaway the whole list, did I?"
 
"No you didn't Mr. Keith, but you had intended to before you got overwhelmed by a bluster of puking." Albert straightened his back like he was honored to announce that ELLE had just issued a new interview about the regal Efigenio family.
 
"Ow, that was better, because the fifth benefit is..." Keith stopped himself before his nature started taking over again, "Anyway, where is Elliot?"
 
The fifth benefit on Keith's list was both party could be very familiar with the equipment.
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hated those awkward moments with my parents in my late teens. I had a few, but I don't think quite as bad as Keith's was.

Loved how you have an underlying humor in the chapter, especially the humble servant relaying Keith's actions :funny: You have a great start here. Will have to read more:)

Link to comment
On 11/08/2013 08:21 AM, joann414 said:
Hated those awkward moments with my parents in my late teens. I had a few, but I don't think quite as bad as Keith's was.

Loved how you have an underlying humor in the chapter, especially the humble servant relaying Keith's actions :funny: You have a great start here. Will have to read more:)

Thanks a lot for your comment, as my first comment it means a lot to me :) do come back and read more :)
Link to comment

I feel badly for the kid; his parents are MIA and he's left alone with his butler.

 

I was confused at the end though with the fifth benefit, sixth benefit...not sure what they are.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter! =)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..