Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 2,112 Words
  • 777 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 17. Chapter 17

Two weeks had gone by in Warsaw, Keith kept himself busy most of the time but that did not sooth his concern about Elliot back in London, he would call his sister more than five times a day to check on Elliot’s condition, and Hayden had been very patient and supportive with him.
 
Today after a lecture which took eight hours to finish, Keith went to have dinner with his classmates and sent his sister a text message during the dinner. Hayden didn't reply, Keith started to get anxious but then thought perhaps he was being too paranoid, for sure Hayden would have texted or called him if anything had happened. So he decided to call Hayden later after dinner when he got back to the hostel he was staying.
 
“Hey Keith, isn't it your birthday in four days?” Cody, one of the students in the same program with Keith, asked while looking at his phone, “I just got an email from facebook about your birthday. How do you want to celebrate?” and everyone from the table looked at Keith.
 
Keith had not forgotten about his birthday, but he found no reason to celebrate it this year.
 
“Sorry guys I didn't plan anything, I’m not planning on celebrating it.” Keith said casually while sipped on his drink.
 
“Why not?” Cody said, “We should definitely get together for the last party during our program, your birthday sounds like a good reason for it.”
 
Everybody cheered and agreed. Eventually Keith had to agree, he spent most of his time with these people anyway outside of the class, and birthday just seemed to be an extra excuse.
 
“Okay great,” Cody said, “I know a great place to go, I will write to you guys the address today on facebook.”
 
Keith returned to his hotel after two hours, it was around eight in the evening, and he still had not gotten any reply from Hayden so he dialed her number.
 
“Hey Keith,” Hayden answered after the second ring.
 
“Hey, I texted you earlier today,” Keith said over the phone, “how is Elliot?”
 
“He is fine, I mean he is still in the coma.” Said Hayden.
 
Keith could never get use to this disappointment, his heart felt empty again.
 
“How are you today?” Hayden asked.
 
“A very long lecture, but it was interesting. I just came back from dinner with my friends. Ah and they want to throw me a birthday party in four days, do you want to come? You have never been to Warsaw before.” Keith decided if he were going to celebrate his birthday regardless how reluctant he was, he could use at least one person close to him to celebrate with him.
 
“Yeah that sounds good,” Hayden sounded delighted over the phone, “Text me the address and time.”
 
“You don’t want me to pick you up?” Keith asked.
 
“No it’s okay, I’m not sure when I’ll arrive, have to check the flight, I can meet you in the... Is it a club?”
 
“I don’t know yet, okay then I’ll text you later.”
 
“Okay, Keith, take care.”
 
“You too sis, and keep me updated about Elliot.”
 
“Will do.”
 
*
 
"Happy birthday!" Cody hugged Keith, "Let me buy you a beer."
 
The day of Keith’s birthday had come, he met with his friends in a pub called Przekąski Zakąski near the old town, it was almost nine in the evening and later they would be going to the club Obiekt Znaleziony, most of his friends were there already, and a few others were on their way, Hayden had called him few hours earlier before her flight and said that she would be late and would just meet him in the club.
 
It was almost half past ten when they arrived Obiekt Znaleziony, it was only ten minutes walking from Przekąski Zakąski. Everyone got inside and sat around the table Cody had reserved earlier that day.
 
More people were yet to join in this club, DJs were playing some tracks in the dance room but only two people were dancing most of the people inside were either sitting around the table or on the stairs chatting with friends.
 
The waiters from the club started organizing by putting some plates around the table, then served a bottle of champagne buried in a bucket full of ice. People in the club all looked at the direction of Keith and his friends, suddenly Keith heard a squeal from behind, he turned around and saw two waiters were carrying a giant three layers birthday cake and put it in the middle of the table, then everyone started to sing the Polish version of birthday song they had secretly learned before the party with funny accents.
 
"Sto Lat, Sto Lat,
Niech zyje, zyje nam!
Sto lat sto lat,
Niech zyje zyje nam!
Jeszcze raz, jeszcze raz,
Niech zyje zyje nam!
Niech zyyyyyyyjjjjjjjjeeeeeee naaaaaaammmmmm."
 
"Thank you guys!" Keith was touched, "That is so sweet! I didn't know you guys are getting me a birthday cake and all these!"
 
Everyone around the table looked confused.
 
"I didn't know there is going to be a birthday cake." Jane said.
 
"Me either." Said Jeffery.
 
"So who did this?" Keith asked, "Wow, this cake is big!" he stared at the enormous cake.
 
No one answered.
 
"Come on guys, don't be shy!" Keith laughed, "It's not a secretive charity work!"
 
"I'm afraid none of us prepared all this." Cody said. "But no one is complaining, birthday is a day for any presents!"
 
"YAY!!" Everyone from the table jubilated, Jane took the champagne from the bucket and handed it to Keith.
 
"OPEN IT UP BIRTHDAY BOY!"
 
"YAY!!" Another howl of jubilation rose around the table.
 
Keith took over the champagne and popped open the bottle, the wooden lid shot right up to the ceiling and the liquid gushed out of the bottle. Simon poured everybody from the table one flute of champagne and shared the rest with people around.
 
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" People in the club cheered and everyone downed the champagne in a matter of seconds.
 
All of a sudden, to everyone's surprise, the light in the club dimmed, and the music from the dance floor ceased. Suddenly a sound of violin flow into the hall. Keith turned around abruptly looking for the origin of the sound, and saw Hayden pushing a figure in wheelchair coming out from the dance room, that person in the wheelchair was playing the violin carried on his shoulder.
 
Elliot played the classic melody from Titanic in his black tuxedo, the first movie they had watched together, his eyes locked tenderly on Keith, he played gracefully with passion, every movement of arm was firm and steady. He was getting closer and closer to Keith, who hadn't moved his sight away since their eyes met. Hayden winked at Keith, and looked like she was on the edge of crying.
 
Keith could not believe his eyes, he felt there was one power in his body that was on the edge of explosion, he stood up, gazed at Elliot, his lower lips trembling, he didn't care if his friends would see it, he didn't care if all the people in the club would see his tears.
 
Elliot now was only three meters away from Keith, he kept on playing, and Hayden pushed the wheelchair slowly. Some girls started to sob in their boyfriend's or girlfriend's shoulders, other than that it was all quite except the melody of memory, sorrow, passion and love.
 
Keith knelt in front of Elliot, he laid his hand on Elliot’s arm and ceased the play, and gazed right into Elliot’s green eyes. Elliot put down his violin and the bow and passed them to Hayden.
 
“You came back.” Tears started to fall violently from Keith with these words. He touched Elliot’s face, still could not believe what he saw was real.
 
“I never left,” Elliot kissed Keith on the lips and wept away Keith’s tears, “no matter how far away we are from each, no matter what we have between us, I will always find a way to come back here.” He put his hand on Keith’s chest where the heart pounded with life.
 
“You came back.” Keith at the moment could only repeat himself in tears, “You came back to me. You heard me, thank you, thank you so much for coming back to me... Every day I prayed, every second I wished, it finally came true, you came back...”
 
“I will never let you go.” Elliot hugged Keith as tight as he could from his wheelchair and at this moment there was no doubt in his voice. He knew he loved this guy in his arms more than anything, and there was nothing he would not do to see his sweetheart’s smile again.
 
Keith left he club shortly with Hayden and Elliot but none of his friends was blaming, Hayden said she and Elliot were staying in the same hotel as Keith but she would go back before them so they could have some time alone.
 
“I’m not done with you yet, don’t you think you can easily get away from this.” Keith squeezed his sister’s face gently then hugged her and then Hayden left to the hotel.
 
“That was very dramatic.” Keith teased at Elliot. He pushed Elliot slowly outside, “is the night too cold for you? Shall we just call a taxi and get back to hotel?” Keith asked with genuine concern.
 
“And then lie on the bed? Thank you but I have done that enough for the past few months, besides Hayden really prepared me well for the night, I’m actually sweating a bit inside now.” Elliot tried to free his chin from the thick scurf Hayden had tightly wrapped around his neck. “But I was happy that you ceased my play because my arms had started to hurt me, I still can’t move my body freely yet, I had to beg my mom to let me come here.”
 
“Why no body told me that you woke up from the coma?” Keith asked.
 
“It was Hayden’s idea, she wanted to surprise you, I woke up one week ago.” Elliot said, “Baby I’m sorry for the pain I put you through.”
 
Keith stopped and stepped in front of Elliot then knelt down, took off his gloves and grabbed Elliot’s hands in gloves. “I’m just glad that you woke up finally, everything else does not matter now. What matters is you are here and you are with me. If I had to go through ice and fire for you to come back to me, I will do it.”
 
“I don’t just mean the past few months after the accident,” Said Elliot, he squeezed Keith’s hand harder, “I mean the whole time when you stayed with me for the past two years. I’m sorry for the pain I put you through during the whole time.”
 
“I understand,” Keith assured Elliot, “Justina told me everything, I wish I had known earlier so I could be more supportive, I was blind and I ignored your pain, I did not make it easier for you.”
 
“No, you did,” Elliot shook his head, “You are the reason of my strength, you are the reason to make it all happen, it was me, I could not let go of the past and I was close to lose you, I did not see the bridge you build up from your heart, I wandered among guilt and confusion, I was the one who has been blind. I made you suffer for me. But now I’m back, I built my bridge and connected ours, I crossed the river and I’m back from my past, back to you, I thank you for staying with me all these time and never give up on me, I made you suffer and I was the reason of your pain, I regret that most dearly, I want to make it up to you, even though it means the rest of my life. I can let the past go, but I will never forgive myself if I ever let you go.” Elliot put his right hand on Keith's chest where he could feel Keith's heartbeat, "I will, always, find a way to come back, here." He gave Keith's heart a gentle push.
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another tearjerker chapter, but these were happy tears. lol

 

Thank God Elliot's back! What an awesome way to show Keith too - what a great idea Hayden had!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..