Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 3,095 Words
  • 870 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 6. Chapter 6

People had started leaving to the club now, Keith was still talking with Ian, he looked around the house looking for Dustin and was surprised to find him heading out with a stranger without him. Ian clearly saw through everything with his author instinct, but also knew it was better not to put it into words, not if he still wanted to keep his date tonight.
 
"Shall we go, too?" Ian suggested.
 
"Yea." Keith attempted a smile and put his empty glass on the table.
 
Walking on the Greek Street near the Soho square, everyone was heading down to Old Compton. Ian was telling Keith how he had stolen his first comic book from a comic book store and then had decided to become a comic book author ever since, he was hoping Keith could burst into a big laugh and say that was a fascinating experience, and then he would invite Keith to his place to show Keith the comic book he had stolen which he had been saving for eighteen years already, and then Keith would say "Oh my God you still have that book? You are so funny!".
 
Ian was so obsessed with his own fantasy he had failed to notice Keith hadn't been listening to him at all along the way. Keith knew Dustin had every right to walk with any guy he fancied, but just tonight he couldn't believe Dustin had just ditched him like that, he bit his lower lip at the couple walking in front of him, it was Dustin and his new fan.
 
"He's been acting weird since he dropped by at my place this afternoon." Keith complained to Ian, "And now he's acting like a jerk. As if I didn't know what he wants."
Keith's word was like an arrow shot through Ian's fantasy bubble, Ian woke up from his own imagination and didn't reply, he was usually prepared only for the questions which concerned about him, like how he came with the idea of Dust or "Please can you tell me some hints in advance?". But Keith had been talking about himself all evening, that was something new to him.
 
That was also why Ian found Keith... Goddamn larruping.
 
Dustin heard Keith talking from behind, Edwin glimpsed at him.
 
"You sure you don't wanna do it tonight?"
\
"I'm not even sure if I wanna do it at all now." Dustin sighed, "Keith hadn't been with any so seriously before he met Elliot. I thought something went wrong between them but it turns out his full attention is still on him, well, and that comic guy next to him, look at that guy, I bet he wants to wrap a rainbow blanket around his nude body and jump down on a rope so Keith would tear off his blanket and suck his cock, of course, he would need a geek assistant to spray the water, or milk whatever, from the roof to mimic the rain "
 
"I'm not sure about you but I'm a little bit turned on." Edwin giggled.
 
"Hey!" Dustin frowned, "Not helping!"
 
"Damn, I can never find a good time to joke!" Edwin huffed then soon smiled at Dustin gently, "Ok, I'm sure I'm gonna regret after telling you this, but the more important thing is not how it will turn out, it's letting him know how you feel if it bothers you that much." Edwin stopped and gazed at Dustin seriously.
 
"Why do you say you are gonna regret this?" Dustin looked at Edwin into the eyes while Keith passed by, ignoring them totally.
 
"I'm gonna regret this because I'm taking the risk of losing you for sending you to another guy."
 
Dustin felt a warm stream sending up from the bottom of his heart, Keith didn't seem to matter that much now at the moment, a companion who treasures you trumps a fantasy.
 
"And I know I will regret for sure if I take one step away from the guy standing next to me." Dustin held up Edwin's face and fondly rubbed it.
 
"Oh you mean that guy?" Edwin gestured a guy who just passed them.
\
"Yes, him." Dustin pretended he was going to catch up with that guy and then gave Edwin a quick smack on his cheek.
 
"Finally I did it right this time." Edwin said enthusiastically.
 
Things were not going as well with our another couple. Keith already got two guys on his mind now and another famous comic author just seemed to be too much of a burden, he had sensed Dustin had something to tell him when he dropped by. After hanging out with Elliot for two years, Keith's sense had been evolved extremely sharp, but it might get too paranoic sometimes, except most of the times he was right. He was not mad at Dustin because of that lame proclamation he bombed in front of his new friend, he was mad because he was sick and tired of playing the game "Hey you finish my sentence for me".
 
"Of course I will not be so compulsive if I am not involved, why can't they just tell me what they are thinking! It's fucking tantalizing and I fucking don't enjoy it!" Keith kept going with his theory while Ian listened with great care.
 
Surprised? He's an author after all, and Keith's damn hot!
 
Soon enough Keith and Ian arrived at the entrance to the club, but when they were about to get in after the guy in front of them in the line, the door selector hang the rope back on.
 
"Keith Efigenio." Keith pointed at the list the Door selector was holding and said impatiently.
 
"That name is not on the list. Members are full now inside, you have to wait until someone gets out." The door selector grunted.
 
"That's absurd! My name should be on every list, you'd better check again, no one tells me what I have to do!" Keith retorted.
 
"Next time, you'd better double check before you decide on your costume." The door selector looked at Keith with his nostrils.
 
"This is fucking awesome!" Keith couldn't bear any more things absurd for tonight, he walked away and took out his cellphone.
 
"Where are you going?" Ian caught up.
 
"Nowhere! I'm making a phone call!"
 
"What for?"
 
"To get someone's ass fired!" Keith turned to the door selector and shouted ragingly to make sure he could hear him.
 
"What's the problem?" Dustin came to Keith with Edwin, sounding a little concerned.
 
"My name is not on the list! But surely that's nothing you should care about!" Keith skewed at Edwin and casted Dustin a cold look.
 
"You are coming with me." Dustin said,"I only give them my name when I called since we are together."
 
"Oh, are we?! I think you mean we were." Keith almost bellowed, then looked at Edwin, and forced to speak in a calmer tone, "Will you excuse me, I have a phone call to make here." and he turned around.
 
Without another word Dustin left with Edwin and went into the club, while Ian stood there like a goose in an invisible rope.
 
"Hi, Mr. Czerwinski, this is Keith Efigenio," Keith spoke to the phone while glaring at the door selector, "I'm now standing right outside of your club and something not so funny happened, apparently your door man thinks I'm too much for your club. What happened to Chuck?... Well I think that's not really very wise, he was a very nice lad... Ok I'm waiting... appreciate that, thank you." Keith put the phone back to his pocket.
 
"What now?" Ian asked, looking at Keith uneasily.
 
"Now we wait for the red carpet."
 
Within two minutes a guy in suit with another beefy man came out from the club, the man in suit whispered something to the door selector, and then the door selector gave the list pad to the beefy guy and got inside. The man in suit then scuttered to Keith.
 
"Hey pal!" The man in suit greeted Keith, "Aureliusz told me everything, I'm really sorry for the mess."
 
"That's ok, Heniek. Thanks for coming out, shall we get inside? This is my friend Ian."
 
"Sure! You guys go inside, I already told the bartender all your drinks are on me tonight, I'll be there soon." Heniek winked and patted Keith on the back.
 
"Awesome, see you there mate." Keith shook Heniek’s hand and went through the door with Ian while there was a line of people waiting outside.
 
"I'll go get us some drink." Keith shouted inside to Ian and gestured to the direction to the bar counter, then jostled his way through the crowd, Ian nodded and followed after him.
 
When they reached the bar counter, Keith saw Dustin was standing with his back facing him talking cheerfully to Edwin.
 
"Hey there!" Edwin waved while Keith looked away, trying to ignore them.
 
Dustin turned around and found himself facing Keith within ten centimeters, suddenly the old feelings all rushed back.
 
"Hey, is everything ok?" Dustin put his hand on Keith's shoulder and asked tenderly. Edwin looked interestingly.
 
"Yeah, yeah everything is cool, you have fun, I just need to order some drink." Then Keith turned to the bartender and gave his order, "Hey, Glenn, how's it shaking. Two Jack Daniels with coke please."
 
"Right on." Gleen clapped his hand with Keith and turned around to grab the Jack Daniels bottle.
 
Dustin wanted to say something more but eventually didn't let it out, he turned back and continued his conversation with Edwin.
 
"I think it's better if you tell him how you feel," Edwin looked at Dustin, "I want you to enjoy tonight, but you don't seem to be able to, and we only have one solution. Go, talk to him." Edwin pointed at Keith with his chin.
 
"You sure you want me to?" Dustin held Edwin's hand.
 
"No hell I don't, but you have to, ti’s not fair for me to talk or dance with you while you are constantly thinking about another guy." Edwin caressed Dustin's hand with his thumb.
 
"Ok, I'm sorry, I'll do it after this drink." Dustin looked at Edwin gratefully.
 
"No, go talk to him now, I'll guard your drink." Edwin took the drink from Dustin's hand, "Go."
 
Dustin kissed Edwin on the hand and turned to Keith.
 
"Can I talk to you in private?" Dustin whispered to Keith in the ear.
 
"Er..." Keith was a little surprised at Dustin's request, "I'm not sure about that, you see, I just got me and Ian our drinks." Keith grumbled.
 
"Will you stop doing that?" Dustin sighed exhaustedly, "Please, Let's go find a place which is quite, I'm sure your friend will understand."
 
Keith looked aside for a second then turned to Ian.
 
"Sorry I have to leave for a minute, but I promise I will be back, here, take my drink, I'll be back soon." Keith put his hand lightly on Ian's arm while murmuring to him and then left with Dustin.
 
Ian smiled without a word, only nodding his head like they were soul mates who didn’t need stupid language to understand each other. He adjusted his stool and faced the bar shelf, checking out the whisky brand they stored on the shelf.
 
"Hey mate, I'm Edwin." Edwin moved next to Ian with a big smile and threw out his hand. Were Edwin working on his back up plan for tonight already, or he was just being surprisingly considerable?
 
The basement of this club was designed for love birds to smack each other's beak while away from the disturbance of Trance music and strobe lights. In the basement you only have red sofa, erotic paintings on the wall and romantic piano rhythm with dim light trickling down in the soothing air.
 
"I'm sorry I said something improper in front of your friend earlier." Dustin apologized to Keith once they sat down in a corner, "Is that why you are mad at me?"
 
Keith looked away for a second, he was staring at a painting on the wall, the guy in the painting was standing with his chin up while another guy knelt down under his knees. Painter, Keith Efigenio. Keith did this painting once when he was feeling furious about Elliot's behaviour. In this painting, the guy standing was Elliot, that was the feeling Keith had been receiving from him, someone who thought he was so highly above there and wanted everyone to worship him. But that was just how Keith felt, and he had never confronted this feeling to Elliot.
 
"Keith?" Dustin's voice brought Keith back to reality.
 
"Yea, sort of." Keith mumbled.
 
"So... there is other reason?"
 
"Why are you asking me?!" Keith stood up, he was sick of being a fucking teacher of love and telling his tutors what, when, where and how, "WHY AM I AWAYS THE ONE WHO IS FIRST TO NOTICE WHAT'S GONE WRONG, HOW CAN ALL OF YOU LIVE YOUR INNOCENT LIFE LIKE A THREE YEARS OLD BABY! Elliot, and now YOU!"
 
"Keith, calm down." Dustin hushed and reached out for Keith's hand, people in the room were staring at them.
 
"SO NOW I'M THE ONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM!" Keith threw away Dustin's hand and stormed out.
 
"Keith!" Dustin bounced up and ran after Keith. "Fuck!"
 
Keith hustled through the dancing crowd while Dustin kept saying sorry to the people Keith pushed aside.
 
"Keith!" Dustin grabbed Keith when they reached outside of the club, "Why the hell are you running away!"
 
"I'M NOT THE ONE WHO IS RUNNING AWAY, Elliot IS, AND YOU ARE TOO!" Keith growled, facing Dustin.
 
"What are you talking about?" Dustin asked but then lowered his head. He knew perfectly what Keith was talking about.
 
"Fine, yeah you are right," Dustin held up his head again and looked right into Keith's eyes, "I'm a coward, I couldn't push myself hard enough to tell you how I'm feeling."
 
"And now you can?" Keith gazed at Dustin like he was trying to lure the word out of him, now he only took satisfaction of what Dustin would say.
 
"I'm afraid I still have feelings for you." Dustin put all his feeling in the shortest version.
 
"I know." Keith's gaze became soft, "There is no good liars about feelings, only people who are so blind to see."
 
"So I guess I've already got your answer." Dustin put his hand in his pants pocket.
 
"I'm sorry." Keith came closer and hugged Dustin, "But I really appreciate that you finally told me, it means a lot." And then Keith released Dustin.
 
"I hate people hiding their feelings for stupid reasons, I already knew you wanted to tell me something today," Keith leaned under a lamp, "And it's not hard to guess what you had in your mind, but I couldn't bear it when you kept holding back, it reminded me to much about what is going on between me and Elliot, I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at him."
 
Dustin laughed uncomfortably,"Now I feel like being stripped naked in front of the truth."
 
"I can picture that." Keith chuckled.
 
Dustin thought he would be feeling extremely depressed if being rejected by Keith, but right at this moment all he felt was relief. He didn't feel like hanging in the mid-air anymore, now his feet were back on the ground and he might just have the right guy to celebrate with.
 
"So, how are things going with you and Elliot?" Dustin asked, for the first time not feeling his stomach clench while mentioning this name, he pulled a pack of Marlboros out of his pants pocket, pulled two cigarettes out of the pack and handed one to Keith, then flicked on his zippo lighter.
 
"The same, you know." Keith took over the cigarette, "He has his show this evening in Brown's Hotel but I said no when he asked me to go at the first time." Keith played with a stone on the ground with his foot.
 
"And the second time?"
 
"The second time he didn't even finish the sentence, but it's still a break-through so I told him I might go later, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore since he has this Jeremy guy to company him, a guy from his academy." Keith tightened his jacket.
 
"Maybe he just doesn't want to look so desperate." Dustin suggested, "I'm sure he really wants you to be there, I can go to Brown's Hotel with you later if you want."
"What about your friend in the club?" Keith reminded Dustin.
 
"Well, I didn't say I would be going alone." Dustin grinned, "I really enjoyed talking with Edwin, he seems like a great guy and I really hope we could develop something."
 
"He can't be worse than Elliot." Keith grimaced, "Sorry about earlier, come on let's get inside, otherwise Ian and Edwin will be hitting on each other."
 
Keith and Dustin finished their cigarettes then got back in the club and sidled their way to the bar counter where Ian and Edwin were still chatting at the same spot.
"Hey you are back." Edwin gave Dustin back his drink but didn't kiss or hug him.
 
"I'm back." Dustin stressed on the “back”, put the drink back on the bar table and proceeded to kiss Edwin on the lips. Edwin loosened his stiff arm and put them around Dustin's waist.
 
"Oh I love your getting back message." Edwin joked, "What, not a good time for joking again?"
 
"I'm sorry for the little interruption," Keith apologized to Ian, "Loads of shit going on tonight I’m just feeling so fidgety."
 
"It's ok, now we are in the party mood, right?" Ian said but his party mood was already on the edge of switching off when they entered the club.
 
"Sure, in fact, I'll finish my drink and let's go dance, those DJs tonight are my friends, they are terrific."
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Keith's ego is smothering me. No wonder guys have a hard time opening up to him. His self assurance comes across as pure arrogance. Great chapter!

Link to comment

Ugh, Dustin, brush your teeth before you kiss Edwin! lol

 

Glad Dustin finally came clean with Keith. Now Keith has to come clean with Elliot. No more lies, no more pussy-footing around your feelings.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..