Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 2,150 Words
  • 833 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 8. Chapter 8

"Did you see his face?" Keith collapsed with laughter once he was out of the club, "Did you see how he looked like when he said 'Call me sometime'?"
 
"Yea, not a good move." Dustin admitted, He knew perfectly why Keith probably would never contact Ian again.
 
"Because he asked you to call him?" Edwin asked confusedly.
 
"Yes, but that's only what appears on the surface, not the essential," Keith lectured, "When I had that small conflict with Dustin in the before party, he didn't stand out, that means he wished no one to interfere our conversation and he wanted me to clear the mess, but when I told him I was going to a concert he said he was tired that means he felt being left out and yet I could sense from his tone that 'I'm tired' could only mean 'I’m too tired to stand, let’s take off our cloth and lie down on my bed', but, when he heard what Dustin said about the concert he then sensed I have something to do with a guy called Elliot, so when I asked again did he want to come with us, which I did on purpose, he said he would stay longer, which means he wanted to show me he's gonna hit on other guys or other guys might be hitting on him if he stays longer there, so instead of joining the group, he decided to stand against it. I wonder how he thinks either way would affect me."
 
"Wow, you must deserve a master degree for that." Edwin joked.
 
"No, I just spent almost two years with a certain guy, he trained me well." Keith shrugged. "And that's not all, he wanted me to call him when he has my phone number on his agenda, which means he's not confident about himself or he wants to play the control card, but either way I'm frigging not interested."
 
Three of them took a cab and arrived at Brown's hotel within ten minutes, from the reception desk they knew the concert had finished half an hour ago, but the receptionist knew Keith was a close friend to Elliot, and Elliot’s family happen to own part of the hotel property, so she showed Keith the room Elliot was staying in after the concert.
 
“I don’t understand why he bothered to book a room.” Keith frowned, “I told him to come over to my place after he finishes the show.”
“Maybe a small after party, then our party mission will be completed for tonight.” Dustin held his right arm around Keith’s shoulder and staggered in his slightly drunken voice.
 
"You have a good evening, gorgeous!" Keith winked at the receptionist and called his fellows to get into the elevator.
 
"Maybe he'd like to go for a more personal after party." Keith suggested in the elevator, "We can have it at my place, my parents are out of town. I only need to make some phone calls."
 
The bell tinkled as the elevator reached to the floor they were going, the door of the elevator slide open, Keith slid outside with a beautiful moon walk while making the list of people he'd like to invite, all of a suddenly, he froze at the scene he saw when he reached the hallway.
 
A guy barred Elliot on the wall with his arms and was trying to make out with him, it was only one second and Elliot noticed Keith and pushed the guy away.
 
“No, it’s not me!” Elliot stormed to Keith and attempted to explain. Keith stared at him, face contorted.
 
Elliot thought Keith was going to smash his head with his cell phone when Keith took his phone out, but Keith only dialed a number while facing Elliot that Elliot could feel Keith's raging breath.
 
"Hi Ian, it's Keith, are you alone?... Sweet, maybe I can join you at your place and have a good fuck, text me your address and I'll be there soon... Ok sweet, bye."
 
Keith hung up the phone, simply looked into Elliot's eyes, motionless. Elliot looked at Keith. “Who is Ian? Keith, I did not do anything, Jeremy suddenly pushed me to the wall and nothing happened! And who is Ian?”
 
Keith did not reply, he looked at Jeffery with pure disgust and hatred, Jeremy looked back stiffly, no shame or guilt was written on his face.
 
Within seconds, Keith's phone sounded a text message.
 
"Now you can go back and finish what you were doing without feeling guilty," Keith showed the screen of his phone in front of Elliot's face, on that screen was an address with a small smiling face, "So if you will excuse me, I happen to have a place to drop by." Keith put the phone back to his pocket and strode away.
 
Dustin cast a despising look at Elliot. "Yes you have my blessing, go head." and walked after Keith with Edwin.
 
Keith walked to the elevator and bashed the button like if he hit it harder the elevator would be up faster.
 
"Keith.” Dustin caught up, and stopped Keith from pounding the elevator button.
 
Keith stopped and didn't say anything, the elevator finally opened and he walked in, at this time Elliot joined them breathlessly, “Where are you going? Why can’t you listen to me, I swear nothing happened, I did not do anything, he took me by surprise, and you showed up exactly the moment he did it, there was no time for him to do anything!”
 
“Oh, so I should say sorry to intrude like this then!” Keith jeered.
 
“No!” Elliot became impatient, “Can you come out of the elevator?” Keith was stand between the sliding door. “What are you going to do with this Ian guy?”
 
“What you planned to do with your dear Jeremy.” Keith said coldly and stepped in the elevator and pressed the close button, “Don’t try to explain yourself or to stop me!” He shouted when Elliot wanted to stop the elevator. “Sorry, can you guys take the next one?” Keith said to Dustin and Edwin. Elliot stared at Keith’s raging face until it disappeared after the sliding door, his anger was also building up, he felt Keith had been planning to cheat on him all along and it was a perfect situation for him to come clean. He felt disappointed that Keith did not trust him, and felt overwhelmed with his madness.
 
"Where is he going?" Elliot turned and asked Dustin anxiously.
 
"Didn't he show you the address?" Dustin turned to Elliot and resisted hitting him on the face.
 
"Don’t you listen? It's not what you think!" Elliot started hammering the down button of the elevator again violently, so much alike what Keith had done a few seconds ago.
 
"Of course it's not what we think," Dustin sniffed, "It's what we saw."
 
Elliot looked at Dustin, utterly discomfited.
 
"Ok," Dustin took a deep breath and sighted, "I can't believe I'm going do this but, Listen, if I were you, I would wait until tomorrow then try to explain to Keith. Actually... there is nothing to explain, I understand you met someone and hormone trumps sense and blah blah blah and here you are, you and Keith are not doing so well after all, nothing that I would call a relationship now anyway, who knows how many others guys you have screwed with before and Keith might have done the same, but I know Keith's feeling for you and I know he's not going to screw with any guy tonight. he's truly hurt, by you. Gosh you are so STUPID! Just... Just leave him alone tonight, it won't do you any good to talk to him now anyway, he had taken a good load of alcohol already tonight, so wait until he's sober, he doesn't need any more irritant to provoke more damage."
 
Dustin finished and walked into the elevator with Edwin, Elliot looked at Dustin’s back then murmured "ok." and tended to walk back to the room.
 
"Why are you still going back to that room!" Dustin held the door and asked Elliot accusingly.
 
"But I still have a few......"
 
"Yea, whatever, good luck, or I should say, good fuck." Dustin hit the close button.
 
"Ain't you going to check on Keith?" In the elevator Edwin asked Dustin, "I know you must care about him."
 
"I'm not sure if I will be much of a help now, I'll just make a phone call later, besides, one couple of wounded love birds are enough for tonight, we don't need more disturbance and separation, actually, I find this hand..." Dustin held up his right hand and looked at it closely, "... Really suits your chest."
 
"Haha," Edwin let out a burst of laughter, "You are very right, it would be cruel to set them apart, we might find some other part to suit your left hand too!"
 
The elevator reached the ground floor, Dustin and Edwin walked outside like they had just finished a discussion about last night's football game instead of sucking the tongue out of each other in the elevator. Dustin looked around and didn't see Keith anywhere. They went outside, called a taxi and got in.
 
"Let's go to my place, what do you say?" Dustin asked Edwin in the taxi.
 
"Sure." Edwin squeezed Dustin's hand under the seat.
 
Dustin gave the taxi driver the address and the taxi pulled off.
 
*
 
Keith sat motionlessly in the taxi at the back seat on his way home, he stared blankly outside of the window, neon light from shops along the street flew back like an delusional LED artwork done by James Turrell, suddenly he felt stupid to act so dramatic in front of Elliot.
 
Fuck why did I act like that, maybe he was telling the truth? Most probably he was telling the truth, so why did I get so mad?! Keith interrogated himself. Jesus why couldn't I just leave without pulling out that dramatic show, or maybe just let him talk, now I officially showed him Keith Efigenio’s dramatic jealousy without reservation, WHEN HE WAS MAKING OUT WITH ANOTHER GUY! That's even more pathetic. What have I been doing for the whole time with him, why did I even think he was in love with me, why did I assume he was just being shy to express his emotions, why didn't he push harder to leave with me or still hasn't called?! Why did I accept all those illusive excuse when actually I've been acting like a clown, and why do I ignore this distant feeling I've been having all along.
 
A big part of Keith believe what Elliot had told him was true, Elliot had never cheated on him, and neither had he, he had this weird trust that Elliot would never cheat on him because despite all the troubles they went through he still felt right with him. Keith knew he was not only angry because of what he had seen, it was the anger which had been building up for a long time and today it had finally burst. He felt sorry for himself that he had been trying so hard to be close to Elliot without getting any response. He felt more lonely than before he had met Elliot. Was not love supposed to make him feel the opposite?
 
Keith got out of the taxi and went up to his penthouse, he stumbled inside and shut himself in his bedroom. Tottering sickly to his bed, Keith threw himself flatly onto the DreamSack seamless silk bed sheet, closed his eyes and felt his head was spinning violently like he was being sucked into a maelstrom, Keith instinctively clenched hard on the blanket under him, suddenly he felt a current of cold electric ran through his body, he opened his eyes but couldn't move, he tried to lift his hand but it felt like an invisible giant octopus was cracking down on his whole body, he then again tried to move his head but failed, Keith now was in panic, he wanted to scream but nothing came out from that sour throat. The whole room was now spinning faster and everything seemed to be absorbed into a mysterious black hole, Keith felt like his body would crack in the middle and his stomach contorted, there was this urge sent out from the bottom of his stomach and suddenly Keith was capable of controlling his body again and he dashed into the bathroom and threw up like he had been saving up for this scene for ages ......
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Holy shit, THAT was a great chapter, Keith! :2thumbs:

 

Keith was acting out of pure jealousy when he saw Elliot and Jeremy. It's good he realized it on the cab ride home. Now he'll have a wicked hangover in the morning. lol

 

Elliot didn't deserve Keith's (or Dustin's), chagrin. All Elliiot has ever done was love Keith. He just has trouble expressing his feelings. He needs to fix that.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter. I noticed in the past two or three chapters that your writing has gotten a lot better. Keep up the good work, Keith! :)

Link to comment

I hate when people jump to conclusions, and then others follow suit, just because they are friends.

Poor Eliot was caught in a bad situation, but at least he hadn't been to a bar hitting on another guy. It's weird how some justify their own actions, and make another's look wrong.

Hate to say it, but Keith deserved to be sick :P:read:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..