Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 1,919 Words
  • 862 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 11. Chapter 11

Keith was about to go in for a bath when his phone suddenly started to ring, his heart leaped and groped for it under his cloth on the bed, but only to find it was from his two years older sister Hayden, who was currently doing her language exchange program in Shanghai.
 
“Hey Keith, how are you?” Hayden sounded very pleased at hearing her younger brother’s voice.
 
“I’m doing fine sis, how is Shanghai?” Keith was not sure whether he wanted to open his heart already over the phone.
 
“Fabulous as the last few times you have asked,” Hayden laughed, “Hey, you promised that you will come and visit before Christmas.”
 
Keith remembered their conversation one week ago, he did promise Hayden to visit her before her program ended. But he had been too troubled with Elliot he simply forgot about it.
 
“Yea I’m sorry I forgot about it,” Said Keith over the phone, “But I can always booked the next flight and join you.” Keith thought maybe it would be a good idea to get away from all his thoughts for a few days.
 
“Oh my God are you serious?” Hayden squealed excitedly on the phone, “You will come?”
 
“Yea, I can ask Albert to book me the nearest possible flight, I still need to call to my school and ask for a few days leave and get my visa to China, but I hardly think that should be any problem, I don’t have so many classes now anyway.”
 
“Oh that’s the best news I have heard in weeks, call me back after you settle it down, I will pick you up from the airport.” Hayden sounded very excited at her brother’s visit.
 
Keith hang up the phone and walked out of his room in robes to find Albert, and told him about his plan. Albert assured Keith that he would try to prepare everything that were needed for the trip the next day.
 
“Oh and,” Keith reminded himself, “I gave Hubert three days off from tomorrow and have asked him to leave early today, he will be paid normally for these days and maybe you can give him a raise as well.”
 
“Ok Mr. Keith. Is there anything else?”
 
“Uhm, did anyone come for me today?” Keith asked, he wanted to ask specifically about Elliot and he could not bear the idea of saying that name now.
 
“No Mr. Keith.”
 
“Ok, that’s all, thanks Albert.” Keith returned to his room and went for his bath, feeling a little excited about the trip, he had missed Hayden since the five month she had been gone.
 
*
 
Keith woke up next morning and felt his chest empty and yet heavy, he went to open the window and stuck his head out, gasped for air. The air felt heavier than usual and each breath of life felt toxic, his eyes were burning and throat dry. Eldo jumped down from the bed, stretched himself and yawned, he came to Keith and sat next to him. Keith walked him to the kitchen, poured some food into Eldo’s bowl and got himself some water from the fridge. Eldo chewed on the food eagerly his tail swapped vigorously from left to right.
 
He then went upstairs and checked his phone, and noticed a text message from Elliot received at 3 in the morning.
 
“Hi Keith, can we meet today in the afternoon around half past three at your place? I would like to talk to you.”
 
Now he wants to talk, why did he write to me at 3 in the morning, probably he was partying and got drunk. Keith thought indignantly, and threw the phone aside, he would decide what to write later. The big digital clock screen on his wall showed him it was only 6 in the morning. He still felt a bit tired, but he did not want to go back to the bed and lie with his thoughts about Elliot, so he decided to take Eldo out for a walk and later he would drop by at Dr. Quentin’s house to check how he was doing.
 
Eldo was ravished with joy when he say Keith with belt in his hand, he sent his head through it obediently and started to rush for the elevator but Keith held the belt tight.
 
“Eldo!” Keith hissed at his dog, “You will leave marks on the floor!”
 
Keith walked Eldo mindlessly on the street, stopped to greet a few acquaintances and kept on walking, they reached to a park and while eldo was running wild with joy to fetch the ball Keith threw further and further, a voice called from behind.
 
“Keith?”
 
Keith turned around to find the origin of the call, and saw an exotic well built guy walking towards him.
 
"Erasmo!" Keith greeted, "Hey!"
 
Keith knew Erasmo because of Elliot. For him Erasmo was just a friend of Elliot, and Elliot had told him that nothing had ever been going on between them. Erasmo had heard about the situation between Keith and Elliot from Justina yesterday, and when he saw Keith in the park while he was doing his morning jogging, he decided to come and talk with him. But what Keith was not aware of was what how big this talk would change he and Elliot’s future.
 
“How are you Keith?” Erosmo shook hand with Keith and straightened his broad chest.
 
“I’m doing fine, thanks.” Keith did not know what to talk to Erasmo, but he was sure he did not want to risk of Erasmo running to Elliot and tell him how rude and beaten he was.
 
“I have heard about you and Elliot,” Erasmo did not waste any time on getting on the topic, “I must say I feel very bad for you, what Elliot did was absolutely wrong, but I’m not surprised.”
 
“What do you mean?” Keith frowned. Eldo was jumping at him so he put the ball away and told Eldo to run around.
 
“Well,” Erasmo looked at Keith pitifully, “How shall I drop this to you, he... he has expressed to me a few times about his confusion and that he feels very painful to get deeply involved with you.”
 
Those words pierced through Keith’s heart like a thousand arrows at one time. He tried to maintain cool about what Erasmo had told him but could not think of any word to say back.
 
“He has always been like this,” Erasmo ranked on, “He is a confused kid, and he does not realize that it is hurting other people, for some reason you can never get that kid’s head around.” Erasmo chuckled and waited for Keith to say something but didn’t get any.
 
“Sorry if I have said something you don’t want to hear,” Erasmo continued when Keith eventually said nothing, “I should not have intruded between you and him like this, me and my big mouth!” Erasmo chuckled again and then looked at his wrist watch, “Look, I need to go now, it was nice to see you, take care.” He then patted Keith on the arm and jogged away, leaving Keith in more mess.
 
Keith stood there motionlessly, Erasmo’s words kept echoing in his head. So Elliot regrets this relationship, Keith finally found his thoughts again. Why does not he tell me anything? Why he has to keep me hanging there like a trophy he can not decided whether to keep? I thought I was his love, but I’m just his confusion, I thought I was the reason of his smile, but I am only the reason of his pain.
 
Keith wandered through the park with Eldo aimlessly, he felt an urge to vomit but fought with it. Eventually he abandoned the idea of visiting Dr. Quentin, and headed back to his place.
 
It was almost nine, he remembered that he actually should make a visit to his school and ask for a few days leave, so he asked Albert to prepare some quick breakfast and call Hubert for a drive to school, but then remembered that Hubert had his days off.
 
“I’ll just take a taxi then.” Keith said to Albert.
 
Getting a leave from the school was easy, most of the students were planning their Christmas holiday already and the school was taking an easy policy during the holiday season.
 
Keith stayed at school to hung out with his classmates and they went for lunch in a pub nearby. Just after Keith ordered his lunch his phone started to ring in his pocket.
 
“Sorry.” Keith said to his friends and picked up the phone. It was from Albert. Apparently he had already prepared the visa for Keith, and he just called to ask whether Keith would like to take the flight to Shanghai in four hours or the next day. Keith thought for a second and told Albert to book the one in four hours. He then returned to his classmates and told them about the news, everyone was cheering for him and after a few hugs and kisses, Keith left the pub and pulled another taxi to get back home.
 
Once he got out of the elevator to his penthouse, Albert showed up and handed him the visa and flight information.
 
“I have also make a phone call to Miss. Hayden, she was very shrilled and said she will pick you up when you land.”
 
“Thanks Albert.” Keith took his documents and returned to his room to pack. He did not want to take a huge luggage with him for just a few days trip, so he only packed a few necessities for the trip which took him no more than one hour. He closed his suitcase and sat on his bed, he felt the phone in his jeans pocket and remembered about the text message from Elliot in the early morning. But soon the words from Erasmo appeared again in his head, and decided to not text back, he thought maybe he would contact him after he got back from Shanghai, a few days off for them should be good.
 
Another half an hour later, Albert called to tell Keith that the taxi to the airport was already waiting outside, Keith checked the time on his wall, it was almost three, and he had his flight at 16:25.
 
It took them half an hour to get to the airport, Keith got out from the taxi, took his luggage and decided to smoke a cigarette before he went for checking in. While he sipped on his cigarette, his phone started to ring in his jeans pocket.
 
Elliot.
 
Keith first thought about Elliot when his phone rang, but then saw it was from Albert.
 
“I hope nothing went wrong for my flight.” Keith thought and clicked answer on his phone.
 
“Mr. Keith, I hope I caught you in time.” Albert’s voice sounded alarmed.
 
“What is it Albert, is everything ok?” Keith started to have a bad feeling.
 
“Mr. Keith, Mr. Elliot was in a car accident and is now been sent to the hospital. The rescue crew found his phone and dialed his parents, I have just heard from them, they are now heading to the hospital.”
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Shit, I can't believe I missed this chapter.

 

I know how Keith was feeling after talking with Erasmos (is that how you spell it?), about Elliot. But he shouldn't listen to what other people say about the ones you love. He should hear it from the horse's (Elliot's), mouth.

 

He should have called Elliot back and agreed to meet with him. Elliot probably got into the car accident on his way to meet Keith, even if Keith never got back to him.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter;

Link to comment
On 11/19/2013 05:07 AM, Lisa said:
Shit, I can't believe I missed this chapter.

 

I know how Keith was feeling after talking with Erasmos (is that how you spell it?), about Elliot. But he shouldn't listen to what other people say about the ones you love. He should hear it from the horse's (Elliot's), mouth.

 

He should have called Elliot back and agreed to meet with him. Elliot probably got into the car accident on his way to meet Keith, even if Keith never got back to him.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter;

I agree Keith shouldn't have listened to Erasmo, but Erasmo's words were like a confirmation of his long confusion of the distant feeling he had been having from Elliot, and at that moment I guess Keith was too much hurt to think rationally anymore about his relationship, especially when he had problem with confronting others about his feelings :(
Link to comment

I can't believe Keith was still leaving after Erasmo's conversation. I don't know who to feel bad for now. I'm just glad that Keith has Albert in his lift at this point.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..