Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 877 Words
  • 855 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 7. Chapter 7

 
Elliot was playing on the stage, facing the audiences but with his eyes closed, he always did so when he was on the show, he claimed his eyes would only lock on the one he loved when he played music and felt music became cheap when it had to serve so many people. Occasionally he opened his eyes and cast a gentle look on Jeremy who was sitting among the fancy dresses and gorgeously-done hairstyle.
 
Elliot pulled the string softly, this brought him back to the day he met Keith... then the melody became bright... Those happy little chit-chat, crazy parties... Then the melody changed again like a heavy metal ball bouncing down the wooden staircase... Why the feeling between them got so tense lately, he knew the answer but he tried to avoid entering the past again, the tune became nostalgic, then Keith’s smile entered his mind... The tune softened again... It feels so pleasant every time when I think about him... Then the music changed to the tune of confusion... Why am I still so hooked up with the past, what am I afraid of... Then grief leaked out of the thin air... I wish he could be here, maybe he would understand my music... The tune faded out.
 
"Bravo!"
 
"Marvelous!"
 
Thunderous applause aroused from the crowd. Elliot bowed down. He could not hear the cheer he wanted from the crowd, he couldn't hear anything, not when that certain one was not among those happy faces.
 
Why would anyone applause to grief? No one here understands my music.
 
And the show went on, Elliot set his violin right and his arms floated again in the air elegantly, there was only one thing on his mind besides his music, he hoped Keith would walk through this hall entrance and feel this music which was secretly played for him, as since the day they had met.
 
 
"Do you have plan for later?" Ian asked Keith after they came back from the dance floor, they forced through the crowd and found themselves an open spot at the end of the bar counter.
 
"Plan?" Keith rubbed his chest, "Well, I might be heading to a concert later, my boyfriend is playing this evening."
 
"Oh." Ian looked aside, apparently disappointed, “You didn’t mention that you are with someone.”
 
“I didn’t? I thought Aaron has told you. Yea we have been together for two years.”
 
“Is it going well between you and him?” Ian asked expectantly.
 
“Uh, not very much lately,” Keith didn’t want to continue this topic so he asked “Why did you ask about my plan tonight?”
 
"I’m not sure, I'm pretty tired already, I feel like going back to my place now, it’s very near here."
 
Keith knew clearly what Ian was implying and felt a bit disgusted, he partied as the king of the world, but he was never an easy target when it comes to guys. But people usually held his image on the opposite. Right now his mind was full of Elliot after the conversation with Dustin and he felt the urge to meet his boy after one or two more drinks, plus, he didn't really need another guy next to him who had no idea how to lead his life, namely, Ian.
 
"Hey! There are those two love birds!"
 
Ian opened his mouth and was about to say something more but got interrupted by a shout from Dustin, Edwin was with him too, they also just got back from the dance floor. Dustin's hand rested on Edwin's pounding chest.
 
"I told Edwin about Elliot's show tonight," Dustin grimaced to Keith, "And he said we could all go there with you, it's getting late, I think we need to hurry if we want to catch him before the show ends."
 
"Yea I'm just going to have my last drink, let’s all have one, then we can go." Keith then ordered four Tequila shots for every body.
 
"Are you coming with us?" Keith pushed the drink to Ian and asked him. Keith knew it was not polite to even ask, but he was hoping Ian would say no. He was totally over Ian’s comic-seduction. Guess that did not take long.
 
"Nah," Ian gulped down his drink and rubbed his glass without looking at Keith, "I'm gonna stay here for a little bit longer."
 
“I thought you were tired.”
 
“Yea, just a bit longer to cool down the drinks.”
 
"In a club?” Keith raised his eyebrow and asked amusingly, “Alright." Keith started shaking his body again to the beating of the music, and swilled down his drink then hit the glass hard on the bar table, "Let's go."
 
Dustin and Edwin looked at Keith and downed their shots.
 
"Enjoy the party!" Keith hugged Ian stiffly and was ready to leave.
 
"Call me sometime." Ian sounded more desperate then he intended to.
 
"You have my number." Keith lifted his right eyebrow.
 
"Right..."
 
"Have fun!" Keith waved at Ian and left.
 
"Cheers mate!" Dustin and Edwin both hand shook with Ian and followed Keith out.
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hopefully the boys will make the concert before Eliot is done. He needs Keith's support and encouragement.

So glad Dustin is accepting the situation, and having a good time otherwise.

Should be interesting when Eliot sees Keith arrive -_-

Link to comment

I'm so glad that Keith decided to go see Elliot perform. He seemed to grow up a bit in this chapter. Well, not at the beginning. lol

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..